|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Exclusive, custom-built 4,000+ square foot home overlooking Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor/Princeton within walking distance of sandy beaches, restaurants, and walking trails. We are located just 3 miles north of the delightful town of Half Moon Bay with excellent restaurants, art galleries, and shops; while, also being within walking distance or a short drive (1+) mile of PIllar Point Harbor/Princeton with several restaurants and unique shops. 3 miles (12 minutes) from Ritz-Carlton Hotel and 1.5 miles (5 minutes) from Oceana Hotel & Spa.
There are 3 oceanview bedrooms (each with Queen bed) with private baths and an oceanview bedroom (full size bed) with a bath shared with a fourth bedroom (Queen size bed) with hillside views. The third story private roof deck has expansive ocean views toward Pillar Point Harbor and world-famous Mavericks big wave surf.
Gourmet kitchen with large preparation/eating island connects to large dining area seating 16 (2 separate glass topped tables), with fireplace.
Enjoy two spacious outdoor patios, with seating for 10, gas fire pit, and a gas BBQ. Parking for 4 cars on driveway.
Wifi throughout house with wireless printer.
Keywords: Spacious Ocean View Home
We are long-time residents of the San Francisco Bay area and spent many weekend days in Half Moon Bay as our children were growing up; but, job commutes and our children's schools kept us from moving to the coast. Once our children were all grown we purchased our second home in Half Moon Bay to fully enjoy more time within walking distance of the ocean and living in a friendly small community.
The Owner purchased this house in 2004
Proximity and ease of access to the ocean along with the relaxing atmosphere of a small town that is focused on farming/retail businesses/tourism; while at the same time having less than a 1-hour drive to San Francisco. Also is less than a 1-hour drive to our other home.
Easy access, less than 10 minute walk to beach, drive into town of Half Moon Bay or drive to Princeton Harbor with excellent restaurants in both areas. Superb ocean views from several different rooms of our home so you can enjoy the changing weather patterns year-round without even leaving our house.
We were very fortunate to rent this home for a weekend. The pictures do not do justice – the home is gorgeous & the view is amazing. The house was very clean & comfortable and my guests enjoyed the spaciousness which gave them a feel of privacy. My guests commented that upon entering the home they did not feel as if they were in a strangers home – it felt like entering their own home which helped everyone relax & enjoy the time there. For those like myself who love to cook, you will enjoy the spacious kitchen & the dining area with two tables was perfect for serving all we prepared. The owner, Jim, is very enjoyable to work with. He was very responsive to the questions we had prior to checking in and was helpful while showing us around his home. Without question - we would rent this home again in a heartbeat. Thank you Jim for opening your home for us to enjoy!
Our family spent my daughter's wedding weekend in Half Moon Bay. Eight adults shared this beautiful home and had the very best visit. The home is perfect for cooking, visiting, going to the beach, and exploring the area. Jim is wonderful to work with and the home is equipped with everything you can think of to make yourself comfortable. We are already planning on making a return trip to Half Moon Bay and will definitely stay in this home when we do.
Our family of three generations traveled from multiple US locations and met in Half Moon Bay for Easter 2016. We have stayed in many VRBO homes worldwide. This home is special. Perhaps it is because Jim and his family spend the majority of their time in Half Moon Bay rather than their home in the city. Our family slipped right into their world ! Our grandchildren had plenty to keep themselves busy with all of the toys and books, which were clean and in good shape. Jim's home is equipped with some baby equipment which our youngest grandchild used and that made traveling for the 'little family' that much easier. On the first morning I woke up after a well rested night thinking how it good felt to be back in my own bed after coming off of extensive travel to realize that I was looking out at views of the ocean rather than the Chicago snow from my own home ! As previous reviewers wrote, the home is large, well equipped and conveniently located. What I think was magical about our stay in Half Moon Bay is that it is apparent that Jim's family and mine have something in common...we all love and live for being together. This home set the perfect stage for our family and we will be back. My grandson said to me as we were leaving that he is glad that we moved to this house and asked when we would be back. All I can hope for is - soon !
We stayed here with a group of our close friends (+small kids) from college of 10+ years. We started an annual tradition of taking a weekend together with our families to catch up with one another, and this place was the perfect spot for us. Jim was always super responsive and helpful, very accommodating and made our stay feel like we were just staying at one of our homes. Everything was clean and furnished nicely.
Our family of eight adults from various locales, rented this gracious, well appointed home for four days during Christmas, 2015. In addition to previous comments regarding the spaciousness and convenience of the home with which we concur, we were duly impressed by and greatly appreciated the festive decorations of lights, garlands and poinsettias throughout the house extending even to outdoor lights and more poinsettias. It put us all into a holiday mood.
Also a plus was the proximity to scenic hiking areas and excellent restaurants.
All in all an excellent choice for a congenial family gathering.
Many thanks to Jim for his splendid cooperation and welcoming spirit.
I had a girls trip here last weekend and it was lovely and relaxing. The place is so big and spacious that we all had our privacy. We barely ate out because the kitchen was so nice to cook in. The backyard was a nice hang out spot as well at the balcony. My girlfriends and I had a great experience at this rental. Thanks Jim!
The clear winner! After looking at half a dozen homes ranging from 2 to five bedrooms my wife-to-be and I choose this home for the following reasons.
1) Proximity to area attractions. Our wedding venue, Hastings House is 5 blocks away making it effortless for the bride to slip away to change & have photos taken before the ceremony. Downtown HMB is two miles away. Our reception at It's Italia was memorable, relaxing, intimate and delicious. Betsy and her team made us feel like family.
2) Central location for out of town guests. Guests from Michigan and Atlanta unfamiliar with the area arrived and were much more comfortable being in a home than in a hotel.
3) Local friends arrived and played music for a couple hours after dinner making for a relaxing night before our special day. The living room had ample seating for 20 guest and three guitarists. The gas fireplace provided effortless ambiance.
4) Value! On a holiday weekend we were pleased we could rent for two nights.
5) Attention to detail/personal care. Jim the owner met us a few months prior to our arrival date to show us the property. He also came at check in to ensure the house was ready to receive guests.
6) The kitchen was our "Go To" room. 7 year old Eddie and Uncle Tom met @ 5AM to squeeze lemons for lemonade and make coffee. We brought in Thai food from Spice Me and served 20 people buffet style with ease. The island was a place to mingle sip wine or coffee and talk. The six burner cooktop and dual ovens were not used to their full capabilities. However on my next visit I will make pecan pancakes on that beautiful griddle! Yes we will be back for an anniversary, son's wedding or golf outing.
7) Two of the five bedrooms rooms shared a bathroom making it easy for the remaining three couples to settle in with private bathrooms. The garage held three cars, the driveway three additional one and plenty of on street parking for guests dropping by before and after our wedding.
8) One negative. The VRBO site was compromised during the reservation process. I received no less than 6 emails from the hackers offering discounts on the rental, if I booked now. I knew something was foul when an email said pets were welcome. After calling and alerting Jim all was resolved to my satisfaction.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
Additional rate information: $700/night for 2-3 nights; $650/night for 4-5 nights; $600/night for 6+ nights
Reservation/Security (Damage) Deposit paid by personal check when you sign rental contract. Deposit is returned within 10 days of your departure provided our house is left in the same condition as when you arrived. Rent paid by personal check 30 days prior to your arrival date.