About the property
- House2200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 4 nights
House WITH 3 Bedrooms +2 Lofts (BEDS FOR 8), 3 Baths, LUXURY MATTRESSES, 3 tv'S
OUR GUESTS TELL US OUR HOME IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ON THE MOUNTAIN! The house is located in the heart of the resort only 2 minutes from the center of everything. It is a bright, open, contemporary home located in the heart of the Wintergreen Resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains within the George Washington National Forest. The setting is truly spectacular with gorgeous views from each window. You feel like you are in a tree house with big beams and loads of light. The owner's are a sculptor and a designer so you will see their touches everywhere.
The house's two-level back deck is a great place to watch the sunset with table and chairs as a gas grill. The front deck has a chair and a swing. The house has beautiful views and privacy in an idyllic lush setting. The only sounds heard from the deck are those of nature. The house has everything to accommodate your needs such as, a complete modern kitchen, two lofts (one just for kids), three new flat screen TV's with DVD as well as a video/music library.
The building is a post and beam constructed house with seven sky lights, cedar ceiling, and eight-by-eight inch beams. The floors are beautiful wide plank pine throughout. There is a breakfast bar as well as a dining table. There is reading material, and space for quiet contemplation. Your rental comes with linens for the three bedrooms,towels for three baths, as well as place settings for eight, and enough cooking utensils for a major cooking experience.
The resort operates year-round with emphasis on first class skiing,with a snowboard and a tubing park,48-championship holes of mountain and valley golf, and Top 50 (in the USA) rated tennis facility as well as indoor tennis and a health club.The resort has a lake for swimming, boating, and fishing, a trout stream, and six swimming pools (one is indoor), several jacuzzis, and hiking trails for every level of skill.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
About charleen Noto
The owner's are a sculptor and a designer.
Why charleen Noto chose Roseland
If you are looking for complete serenity and a quiet location to really get away this house is the place for you. It is located on a beautiful little cul de sac that is so peaceful and you can really see the stars at night. Very safe yard and street for children's play.The location cannot be better for easy access to the Valley as well as being located in the heart of the resort.
What makes this House unique
The owner's have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable. House and furnishing have recently been upgraded. The mattresses are all new and top quality. The two chairs that open to super comfortable beds allow you a little extra space for a sleeping option. The kids will be amazed by the second loft and use it as a play space as it is much like a tree house with a skylight to look out over the trees or a good place for an adult to meditate.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Couldn't have asked for a better home away from home
This cottage is fantastic and the owners have made it very comfortable with all the amenities for their guests, and it was exceptionally clean. The three bedrooms are located so that they are private from one another. For a small cottage, they have made use of the room so well that it seems like a much larger space. There were 5 of us for a 4 night stay, and we really were glad that we booked this place on the mountain as compared to anywhere in the Valley, where the temperatures were much warmer and the area not nearly as lush. There was something for everyone - my son had brought his bike and was thrilled with the Blue Ridge Parkway ride he took for 25 miles and also great for a run. My daughter and SIL hiked, and my DIL loved the fitness center. I enjoyed the quiet, reading in the cottage. We will definitely be booking again - perfect space for me to spend some quality time with my two adult children and their spouses.
Great place to stay in Wintergreen!
Our family of five has stayed at this beautiful home twice-once in the winter and recently over Labor Day weekend. What a great retreat! Nestled in the woods, but convenient to all resort amenities and slopes, it is the perfect location. We loved the architecture of the home, especially all the windows. It was warm over Labor Day weekend, so we opened the windows and turned on the ceiling fans and the home was absolutely blissful within minutes! There was a portable air conditioner, but we didn’t need to use it because the home cooled down so quickly. There was plenty of room for our family and the finishes in the home are first rate. From the beautiful kitchen to the comfortable mattresses, it is obvious that the owners pay attention to every detail. The kids especially loved the sleeping loft where they could gaze at the stars through the skylight before bed. We all loved the home and can’t wait to return for many years to come!
Perfect vacation for family with young kids!
We spent Easter weekend in this perfect vacation house! I am afraid i would not be able to cover all the great things here. Let me start listing what impressed me most:
1. The design of the house could no be better. Beautiful colors and artistic design make us love the house at first step into it. 3 bedrooms with 1 loft (king bed) sleep well 8 of us. Three bathrooms, all with nice shower system. Water is great too. Every corner of this house is “useful”, for you find place to sit, to play to relax, very convenient and practical.
2. Kids center is another highlight of this house. It has a tv mounted to the wall, with the height perfect for kids. It has also skylights and sofa beds for watching stars (unfortunately, the nights we stayed were pretty cloudy). The host provided plenty board games fit to various ages.
3. The multiple overlooks nearby the house (approximately 5 mins to 20 mins driving) are gorgeous! We also hiked everyday and explored different level of trails. The trail guide is very help and is available in the basket next to the phone.
4. Activities in wintergreen resort kept kids (age 3-18) busy and happy. We enjoyed the Friday movie with popcorn (free), adventure (climbing, 11 dollars), indoor play area with xbox, table hockey, train table (14 dollars/hour), and Easter egg hunting (free). We also enjoyed the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub (10 for adult and 5 for kid). These activities added some points to our stay.
5. Location: easy to find, nice paved road, close to resort inn, though we did not dine out. Quiet. Some review pointed out the house next is close. That is true, but you would not feel any inconvenience. Very quiet, a lot of trees to the back of the house.
6. Price: depends on how you expect your vacation. Certainly this house is not in the cheap range. But with the beautiful design and cozy feeling, convenience to facilities, the good time-worry free vacation, i would say it TOTALLY worth the money. If you are really in budget, there are a lot choices around, i am not sure the conditions though (this is my first time staying in wintergreen).
In short, we loved this house and will definitely come back!
Third time staying here. We love this home! Very cozy and comfortable. Kids love the loft. Of course, we will be back.
Fun place and great location!
Went for for a snowboarding weekend trip with 6 other friends and we all had a great time! Plenty of room for everyone. We all had privacy sleeping and had enough room socializing in the living room. The architecture of the house is incredible! And it’s only like a 3 minute drive to the ski lodge! We were able to use all resort amenities which came in useful when there was no parking by the lodge (because thankfully the house provides a parking pass). The owners were quick to respond about all answers. We would definitely stay here again!
Perfect home for a family!
This home was perfect for my stay at Wintergreen! Super clean and very comfortable for my family. Charleen (owner)answered every email immediately and was accommodating to all our needs. My favorite part about the home are the beautiful wood floors and the location is 2 minutes from the ski slopes. My 3 daughters each had there own room and loved it! We will definitely re book our stay when we return to Wintergreen VA!
Blue Ridge mountain location in a resort that features award winning tennis, golf and downhill skiing. Pools and lakes for swimming. Hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Tax, firewood,linens and towels are included in all rates. Also, during ski season an electronic parking pass is provided that allows guests to park in the owner's lot right next to the slopes. There are no additional fees. No hidden charges! Call or e-mail for discounted weekly rates! ******Please note that if your booking request excludes Friday and Saturday, then the rates for Thursday and Sunday will be reduced to the normal nightly rate for that rate period. Please contact owner to confirm an accurate quote. Three night weekend special $1,200.