About the property
- Apartment480 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
1 BR Kitchen-equipped apt, Sleeps 3, on Tamarindo Estates
Accommodations & Surroundings:
The advertised 1-BR Apartment's 480 sq. ft. consists of:
1. One bedroom with a/c, ceiling fan, HDTV, screened windows, towels and bed linen provided, one Double Bed, a 30x72 inches roll-away cot. Ask for availability of twin sized bunk bed to sleep four.
2. Bathroom with lavatory, shower stall, and toilet.
3. The kitchen-living area has a sofa, ceiling fan, dining table and appliances (electric cooktop, refrigerator-freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, sink), silverware and cookware.
4. A roofed porch with dining table and chairs, ocean view, and accessible charcoal BBQ grill.
The rental apartment which is situated at Tamarindo Estates - a small, intimate rental complex which contains only 12 simple and comfortable apt. units as the one described, in the midst of a large division of virgin and undeveloped 60 acre estate. While Tamarindo Estates is nicely secluded, it is an easy 5-minute drive from town. The rental apartment is receded to the back from the beach and sits high on a hill, thus allowing very nice ocean views from higher up. Regarding REVIEWS, your host and owner, Jose, has received over a hundred very good and excellent travel reviews on his Tamarindo rental apartments in Culebra. Please contact Jose for more information.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: * Home to Culebra's National Wildlife Reserve under the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
* Culebra is home to the endangered Leatherback Turtle and many breeding seabirds.
* Several pristine, unspoiled beaches around the island.
* Many exciting sites around Culebra for scuba divers.
* Culebra is a secluded paradise largely untouched by development.
*Culebra is home to Flamenco, rated one of America's top 10 beaches.
* Good variety of restaurants and grocery stores.
* Easy access via San Juan and Fajardo, PR
* Daily flights and ferry crossing from mainland Puerto Rico.
TRANSPORTATION TO CULEBRA ISLAND: : The easiest way to reach Culebra is via San Juan, Puerto Rico. The flight from New York to San Juan takes 3 1/2 hours; from Miami to San Juan it's 1 1/2 hours. San Juan International Airport (SJU) is served from the U.S. Mainland by Jet Blue, Delta, US Airways, Continental, Northwest, Spirit Air, American Airlines, and United. From the rest of the world, San Juan (SJU) Airport is served by Air Canada Vacations, Canadian Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa's partner Condor, Copa Airlines, and LACSA-Group Taca.
Culebra has daily flights arriving from San Juan International Airport (SJU) and Isla Grande Airport (SIG) on Vieques Air Link, Air Flamenco and Cape Air. Passenger ferry boats are available from Fajardo, a sea port on the east shore of Puerto Rico. For the taxi drive between San Juan and Fajardo you should allow between 1 1/2 and three hours, depending on traffic.
AMENITIES: * For your privacy and tranquility, there are only 12 apartments in the Tamarindo property where this rental unit is located.
* On-site Resident Caretaker is available, day and night.
* Air-conditioned bedroom.
* 1,800 feet of beachfront.
* Roofed veranda with ocean view.
* A beach-house for taking shade while on the beach, and restroom facilities.
* Easy walk-in snorkeling just off our water front in pristine waters.
* Located on Culebra's unique Marine Reserve.
* Rental unit is located in secluded neighborhood, yet only a 5 minute drive to town.
* For the more adventurous, exciting kayaking across one mile to the Luis Peña Cay.
PLANE vs FERRY from Mainland Puerto Rico.: Unless you can buy the ferryboat tickets online ahead of time, we strongly suggest that you take the plane as opposed to the boat to get on time for check in. The ferries may run late or not at all and you may have to take the next available ferry.
Jose Perez Villamil
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
CULEBRA ISLAND INFORMATION:
There are no passports or visas necessary for U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens can travel in and out of the island without going through immigration or customs. Culebra is one of Puerto Rico's off-shore islands, 10 miles square in area and 17 miles east of Puerto Rico. It is located midway between P.R. and St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. Presently there are about 2000 residents on the island. Culebra was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493 and was under the Spanish flag until 1898 when Puerto Rico became part of the United States. Presently, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico enjoys a special status of self-government under the U.S. flag.
Culebra is an unspoiled divers' and beachcombers' paradise, also coveted by bird watchers. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation, beautiful beaches, good diving and snorkeling, a laid back atmosphere, and away from the tourist scene, Culebra Island is the place to come!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation policy: Up to 30 days prior to arrival, the deposit is 50% refundable. Less that 30 days, there is no refund.