|Space||1,500 sq. ft.|
For a relaxing get away in the beautiful lake surroundings, this private retreat offers something special - a timber frame house on Lake Oconee with charming floor plan, open staircase to loft master bedroom/master bath with vaulted wood-beamed ceilings, and lake views from loft, great room, and deck. As we and many others have found, this is a great place to enjoy family, friends, and peace and quite.
Property includes 150 feet of shoreline on a quaint cove just a few paddles from the main lake, providing serenity and easy access to the deep waters. The water at the dock is 4-5 feet deep, accommodating any-sized boat allowed on the lake.
Lake Oconee is in Georgia's lake country, on I-20, about 50 miles east of Atlanta and west of Augusta. For an idea of cottage location on the lake, you can map Sugar Creek Marina, which is a stones throw away: 353 Parks Mill Road Buckhead, Georgia 30625.
The cottage has three (3) bedrooms [two having a queen bed and one having a large double-sized bed], and a pullout couch in family room, for sleeping a maximum of eight (8). The backyard and neighborhood are also conducive to tenting outside.
- Beginning summer 2013, with the installation of the common-areas tile flooring, we will allow pets with a fee.
- If you are interested in boarding your pet nearby, instead, we've heard good things about the Harmony Pet Resort. You could check your pet out for a day of boating, etc., and back in after the outing before returning to the lake house. The boarder is in a cute little shopping village.
- Cable TV, DVD/VHS, Wi-Fi, Fireplace (wood), Fully equipped kitchen (dishes, cooking utensils, dishwasher, etc.), Washer/Dryer, Linens and towels, A/C, etc.
- Over 100 feet of lake shoreline in quaint cove (connects to large cove connected to the main lake; perfect for peacefulness, privacy, kayaking, canoeing).
- Dock (accommodates all boats)
- Rudementary old fishing gear (live bait at Sugar Creek Marina)
- Campfire pit
- Lawn and woods for tenting - small hiking trail to private bridge over stream in the woods.
- Foreman electric grill - for use outside or inside, on pedistal or without, on counter.
- Charcoal grill
- Gas grill - likely works with new gas tank; a previous guest may have left a tank in recent visits, but bring own to be safe, though still no guarantee that works.
- Sugar Creek Marina (2 blocks away - groceries, fishing gear, gas, fishing tournaments, etc.)
- Public boat launch at end of street (includes picnic tables and parking ($3/day or park car at cottage)
- Boat rental (+tow options including waterskiing, tubing)
- Personal watercraft rental (jet skiing, wave runners - enquire for list of rental companies)
- Movie theater (8 screens) with upstairs bar/restaurant and many neighboring restaurants
- Groceries at nearby Sugar Creek Marina (more at Publix grocery store ~10 minutes away)
- Restaurants (various, from southern mom & pop to Mexican to hibachi/sushi to seafood to steakhouse)
- Golf (numerous award-winning public, semi-private, and private courses)
- Tennis (public courts or rent pass from local courts)
- Shopping: (antiques, boutiques, spas, etc.)
- Kayaking (bring your own or rent)
- Swimming/Beaches (in lake or, possibly, day pass to local pools - will provide contact info)
- Biking (bring your own or rent)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fishing (off private dock at cottage; in area such as at park at public boat launch at end of street; tours/excursions)
- Hunting (local gun clubs/ranges and tours)
- Antiquing (historic Madison, Eatonton, Greenville)
- Hiking/Walking/Jogging (long peaceful streets and many public parks around the lake)
- Horseback riding
- All-terrain vehicle and off-road truck rentals
[Also available for long-term lease]
Keywords: Cottage, Cabin, Lakehouse, lake, home, house, country, Oconee, Sinclair, Georgia, Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Eatonton, Greensboro, Greensborough, Milledgeville, Madison, Buckhead, Dock, Fish, Boat, Ski, ATV, Horse back riding, Reynold's Plantation, Ritz, Publix, Sugar Creek Marina
We purchased the property in 2007 and have enjoyed it a lot since, as a family and with friends, and many guests have done the same.
Trini Murray purchased this cottage in 2007
The location in a cover of the lake allows lake living (views, boat access to 'main' lake, etc.) with more peace and quiet then being right on the main lake. Guests also enjoy not having to worry about the lake (river aspect) currents when it comes to swimming/wading, and having their boats docked without bumping around.
While there are nice neighbors around, they visit their places rarely for the most part. The rear of the house is in a hilly terrain with many trees, so there is a bit mountain-retreat feel, at the water. Privacy is high for sunbathing, just relaxing inside or on the deck, in the yard, or on the dock, etc. The Marina being across the lake is easily accessible by boat or car over the Parks Mill bridge, for groceries, fuel, and gear. The cove that the house is on is calm, which is ideal for docking and heading out in motor boats, and for canoeing and kayaking. Also, the Sugar Creek public boat ramp is within a half mile, for very convenient launching, and there are grassy areas, picnic tables, and restrooms, there, on the main lake, right across from the Marina.
the place was clean, everything worked TVs, DVD, kitchen appliances. Bedrooms were a nice size. The area was very pleasant
We enjoyed our stay at the lake house. We didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin since we were out on the lake, but it was a very clean and comfortable place. It was a great place to sleep :) The beds were comfy, the kitchen well stocked, and the closets were stocked with plenty of linens and extra pillows. I wish there were small toiletry items available like soap since we forgot ours, but that's okay. The owner was easy to deal with and very responsive. You can't beat the location of the house. We will definitely be back in the future.
My wife and I had a very nice time at this cabin. Cabin was fully stocked and provided everything we could need. The only thing that was a negative to us was the water level at the dock. The water level never got over 2.6 feet our entire stay. If the lake was to drop for some reason and you have a boat similar to ours (18' or bigger/heavier) you may not be able to keep it in the water here. Not good for swimming. Other than that this was a very pleasant trip. Mick answered any and all questions we had. He is very responsive. Would recommend this cabin to others. Thank you for sharing your home with us.
We truly enjoyed our stay at the lake house. It was comfortable and well equipped. My two youngest grandchildren (3 and 1 years old) were delighted with the toy kitchen and the Tonka truck available for playing in one of the bedrooms. My son-in law and daughter brought a canoe and everyone enjoyed canoeing and swimming in the cove area. We also frequented one of the local public beaches for swimming and playing on a sandy beach.The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, and utensils and with food storage bags, paper products, etc. The house was homey and not too fancy so it was comfortable for our group which included toddlers, pre-teens and a small dog. It was a bit over-decorated but that may be personal taste. The owners were very responsive to all emails and interested that our stay was enjoyable.
The house was perfect for our family of 5 and 2 dogs. The cove is very peaceful and quiet. Lots of shade trees so you can enjoy the deck without burning up in the Georgia sun. Restaurants and activities are within 10 minutes radius, although we chose to bring groceries and utilize the kitchen and outdoor grill. The house was very clean and well kept. Mick was very fast to respond to any question I had. Overall a great, relaxing weekend! I would definitely stay here again.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 2017 - Aug 31 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$150 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$75 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Some old fishing gear. Marina stocked with gear, groceries, gas, etc. just 2 blocks away. Public boat launch at end of the block. Nearby stores: groceries, movie rental, pastries, etc. ATV rentals nearby.