About the property
- House3600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
5 STAR -LUXURY HOME, 5 bedrooms, 6 full baths, private pool, elevator, sleeps 12
Hello! THANK YOU for taking a look at our site -- you have made the PERFECT "STOP" -- I guarantee that it is one of the nicest rentals you will find, 5-Star all the way! It is only listed on HomeAway, VRBO or one of its subsidiaries.
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our guests will give you a good idea of what you will enjoy during your visit.
**** Also, just to let you know I do rent throughout the holidays.... THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS are available for booking now.. Dates are flexible during those times, so just let me know what days your family would need beyond the usual week stay. We put up lovely trees and tasteful decorations, so the house looks 'magical' for Christmas!! [Or we can decorate for Hanukkah]
WELCOME to 'Ocean's Song'.... 'The Ocean's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach house!! Ocean's Song is a gorgeous 3,800 sq.ft. house (a den is now open in addition to the rooms shown), decorated to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very comfortable with the 'feel' of a cozy old Isle of Palms beach house, yet it is only 10 years old. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, hardwood floors throughout, laundry room with new washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE on suite BATH!! This house is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!! (We also welcome the four-legged family members as well.)
This home is designed and situated for pool and beach fun! It is beautifully decorated and has every convenience for your stay and yet you will feel comfortable and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Ocean's Song' is the house you will fall in love with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will enjoy:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunning! The six burner grill will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The large elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have provided beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, Beach Wagon and Beach umbrellas. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, fitness center, basketball court, baseball field and lots of play area for your athletes and the youngsters. And there is also a "Dog Park" for your "other" family members!!
* This ten year old house has all the high-end features and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate beverage center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas cook top, Keurig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen features granite counter tops, two separate sinks, an island and a large outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY equipped with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the luxury of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bed skirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are provided. Each bedroom is beautifully appointed [with numerous sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Ocean's Song has an inverted floor plan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR, OPEN kitchen, dining area and great room. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furniture for you to sit and relax while you enjoy looking out at the view [ocean in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other features are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We purchased, decorated and appointed this home to be our own personal vacation home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!! We continue to make upgrades!
*** CHRISTMAS 2019 still available, please contact me for photos from last year. Spending Christmas at Ocean's Song with your family will be 'magical'.... I decorate the house very tastefully with gorgeous trees, outside lights, etc.... you will absolutely love it!! [Or as I mentioned earlier we can decorate for Hanukkah.]
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE "OCEAN'S SONG" !!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 21, 2018
About Martha Sowers
Hello! We are The Pleasants and The Sowers. We recently purchased Ocean’s Song in July of 2017. We found the previous owners (Linda and Bill Letson) to be very meticulous in everything regarding the management of the property. We are keeping very busy with the high standards that were set and adding a few nice touches that we believe renters will enjoy. We have been vacationing on Isle of Palms for decades and felt it was a perfect time in our lives to take a leap of faith. We are so glad we did because this house is phenomenal with its convenient location to the Rec. Center, Grocery store, downtown IOP, Wild Dunes, golf courses, fishing, and the beach. Our hope is that you will get the same enjoyment out of staying at Ocean’s Song as we do. It is truly set-up to be comfortable and spacious for individual families or larger family gatherings. Anytime of year is always a perfect time to put your toes in the sand and to relax…life is always better when spent on the beach with family and friends. That is why we purchased this upscale property. Thank you for taking time to read this... we look forward to hearing from you. Warmest regards, William and Shannon Pleasant, Michael and Martha Sowers
Martha Sowers purchased this House in 2017
Why Martha Sowers chose Isle of Palms
Location, Location, Location!!! One short block to the beach and one short block to the Isle of Palms Rec. Center**!! AND 20 min to downtown Charleston and 25 minutes to Charleston International Airport. ** The Isle of Palms [IOP] Rec Center is one block away and has a gym, exercise room, outdoor tennis, basketball, baseball and soccer courts, and a playground area for smaller children. There is also a fenced Dog Park, with separate areas for large and small dogs.
What makes this House unique
As owners, we care VERY MUCH about our guests!! We personally manage every detail -- very much UNLIKE a professional "Rental Agency"!! This is reflected in the wonderful amenities in the house and the overall décor! In renting Ocean's Song, you will arrive to a SPOTLESSLY clean home with everything ready you for your visit!!! We 'micro manage' the home to ensure that things are as lovely as possible, and that you have the supplies you need for your stay -- you will not have to purchase anything extra, it is all there, plus many extras!! And if any problems should arise, I am available by phone 24/7... I have an entire crew of professionals who can handle any situation/problem, within a few hours!! So..... no need to worry that we are in North Carolina.... you, and your problem, are never more than a call away!! *** I hope you will take a few minutes to read our "Guest Reviews"..... they give you very clear picture of what you will experience at Ocean's Song. We look forward to your visit!!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We had a really great time staying at Ocean's song. The house was beautiful, clean, and very spacious. The owners/property managers thought of everything. They even sent a nice hand-annotated packet of information about the area. Across the street from the beach (5 min walk). ~20 min from Charleston. Very good communication as well.
We'll be back!
Beautiful, well designed, well appointed house. Owners go above and beyond to please!
Perfect for a multi generation group!
Beyond Wonderful and SO CLEAN!
Our stay at Ocean's Song was beyond amazing! The house is drop dead gorgeous and all the amenities included just put it over the top! My biggest compliment about this house is how clean it is. If you are a clean freak, this is the house for you! We loved that everyone had their own space (large spacious and very comfortable bedrooms, each with their own bathrooms!) but really loved the common areas for everyone to be together. The family room and dining areas are perfect for large groups! The kitchen is stocked with everything you could need. The pool was great for the kids on days we had to take a break from the beach. The owners are so wonderful to work with, they are very sweet and responsive. My only regret is not booking this house for two weeks! Next time for sure!
Amazing Beach House!
Ocean's Song is truly a five star beach rental - there is no detail forgotten as far as amenities. The home is well furnished and exceptionally decorated. The elevator was quite handy for our elderly dog since the living space is on the third level. We had 6 adults, 2 kids and our dog, and there was plenty of room for everyone. Each well-appointed bedroom has its own large flat-screen TV and private attached bathroom as well as a sixth full bath on the third level. We always had a puzzle going on one end of the huge dining table and still could seat plenty! With two large sofas and plenty of comfy chairs, there was always room to stretch out. The den provided a quiet area if anyone wanted to have some private time. We enjoyed having a beverage fridge and separate ice maker too. The backyard pool and patio area provided sun as well as shade and pool fun for those not wanting to trudge to the ocean.
One of the hidden treasures was the former owner, Linda. She assures us the new owners will continue to manage the property in the same manner that she did.
Our only concern during the week was the beach access. The walk to the beach isn't far but from the ocean road to the actual beach is through a narrow path of swampy area. We had a very bad storm on Monday which flooded the path with water over our knees and it continued to rise each day till the flooding was out to the ocean road. There was a paved path that wasn't flooded but it was six blocks down the ocean road to a more crowded part of the beach.
Overall, I would highly recommend Ocean's Song for your next beach rental.
This is a stunning home! We stayed for two weeks and enjoyed every moment.
This is a great home to make family memories in! It is a beautiful home , very well kept and clean. There are many great surprises when you arrive. Such a treat to have beach towels, soaps, coffee, beach toys, boogie boards,and Tommy Bahama chairs and carts, just to name a few.
We had 6 adults and 5 grandchildren and had plenty of room. The grandchildren even asked if we could stay longer next year!!!
The owners are incredible to work with and they bend over backwards to do everything they possibly can to make your stay incredible.
We enjoyed our time so much at Ocean Song that we plan on returning next year!
Our family had a fabulous time! The home is beautiful. Linda , the owner has every fine detail
fixed for your enjoyment. It was a pleasure to know
she was always willing to communicate by phone
and was so helpful. We hope to stay again in the future. Linda, thank you !
'Ocean's Song' is only about 20 min to downtown Charleston, 20 minutes to the Charleston Airport (CHS) and is conveniently located only 1 block to the beach with access on both 27th and 28th streets. It is also only 1 block from the Isle of Palms Recreation Center!! The Rec. Center has outdoor basketball, tennis and ball fields. Also a Dog Park. AND has indoor gym and basketball, plus many other activities....
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
**PLEASE call if you have specific questions. Once you confirm your desire to book the house, I will send you a link so you can pay by Credit Card or Personal Check on VRBO/HomeAway's secure site... You pay a deposit of $2,000. and the balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to your arrival. Also, please be sure to check out our "Contract" on this site as well... once you have booked, I will "Snail Mail" a copy to you. Your package will include additional information about the house and also information about Restaurants, Things To Do and Shopping!! I look forward to hearing from you. I guarantee you will find no other house as spotless and where as much care and thought is given to your enjoyment and your week!! *Dog fee is $100.