|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Ancient country house (originally built in the XIII century), recently restored with respect of its historical characteristics, located in the village of Fornello, on the beautiful hills between Florence and Mugello.
It’s only 18 km far from Florence and at few minutes car from Fiesole, Borgo San Lorenzo, Pontassieve. Located at 400 m AMSL and surrounded by unforgettable landscape of vineyards, olive groves, cypress, chestnut, pine and oak trees, it' s a very good starting point to visit the whole Tuscany.
The house is disposed on two floors and consists of four bedrooms, two large living rooms with sofa beds and a very large eat-in kitchen with a typical fire place perfectly working. Furniture are traditional but all modern comforts are available.
The house is enclosed in a 1500 sqm wide green park, with trees and flowered plants. It’s perfect for outdoor dining as well as for resting or reading under a pine tree, but you can also practice many different activities in the neighborhood.
Ping-pong table available in the garden.
The house was much larger than expected with plenty of room for our family of four. I could see it easily accommodating 2 or 3 times that number. Tuscan homes always have a special charm and this one was no exception. The age and character of the Zoli home has a very relaxing atmosphere to retreat to after a busy day. The garden area is large and well kept. Morning walks around this and the small town became a daily ritual. The property is gated for added piece of mind.
The location is ideal for those comfortable with driving in Italy. It can be reached by circuiting Florence on A1 to reach Sieci. From Sieci, it is only a 15-20 minute drive through the Tuscan countryside to reach the house. Sieci has an excellent station with trains running to and from Santa Maria Novella in Florence regularly. Daily trips into Florence were accomplished easily. Sieci also has a grocery store as well as a bank with an ATM. We found this very convenient and helpful.
The owners were delightful and very kind. They were very flexible in supporting our times of arrival and departure which corresponded to our flights in and out of Italy. They were easily reached by phone for coordination and took great care to ensure we were satisfied with our stay.
We will definitely consider this property again for our next trip to Italy.
The view from the Zoli Country House may be among the most beautiful in the world – valleys, mountains, olive groves, vineyards and Tuscan villages. Our family of seven (six adults and one high school junior) spent one month in this spacious villa during late March and April of 2015 and we each kept returning to the yard to take in that wonderful view.
If you have dreamed of renting a villa in the Tuscan hills the Zoli Country House is it. First of all the villa is huge! There are four bedrooms, two living rooms, two baths and a kitchen with the biggest fireplace you have ever seen. The eating area features a dining table worthy of the Waltons and where we enjoyed many Tuscan inspired meals. Secondly, the villa is ancient. The floors are tile throughout and the walls must be a foot thick. You will swear that you have been transported back in time.
There are many areas to enjoy outside with seating areas located on several different levels of the yard.
We have tried to take to heart the admonition to “live like a local” and we certainly did that during the month that we stayed in Fornello.
When we first arrived we had the feeling that perhaps we had chosen a place to stay that was just too remote, too far out from Florence and Fiesole. The roads are narrow and not well maintained and even though Fornello is just 17 miles from the Florence airport it takes an hour to drive there. However, as we adjusted to our life in the countryside that feeling went away and we embraced the quiet life of a Tuscan village. You cannot have the experience we had if you stay in an American type hotel in the middle of Florence.
A few other thoughts:
• Having a car is mandatory. There is a bus that passes the villa several times each day but we could never figure out the schedule and it takes an hour to get to Florence on the bus.
• You will also need a GPS.
• The town of Sieci is six miles away and you can purchase groceries, fill with gas and take the train to Florence from there. Parking at the train station is free and the cost of the train to Florence is 2.50 Euro each way.
Finally, Marco and Maria and their family (owners of the villa) were so kind and helpful both during the months leading up to and during our visit. We very much appreciate their hospitality and friendship.
The house and grounds are exactly as described on the website - a beautiful ancient home restored with all the modern conveniences. The setting is spectacular, with amazing views of Tuscan fields and hillsides. The location is a great starting point for exploring Tuscany by car or train (the Sieci train station with frequent 2,5 euro service to Florence is a short drive away). We were a group of 8 friends and enjoyed outings to various local towns and markets as well as trips for some of us to Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano, Pisa, Bologna, Padova and Venice - all within easy reach. We had some delightful home-cooked meals - all necessary cooking supplies and utensils were on hand - and also enjoyed Il Nappino in nearby Santa Brigida. Marco was very helpful, both in advance of the trip and while we were there, meeting us at the airport and responding to questions when we arrived. We would love to return, perhaps when the weather is warmer to enjoy the pleasant gardens.
Country home full of a long history dating back hundreds of years. Home of stone, 5 bedrooms, 2 stories, kitchen, and big fireplace which wasn't functional. Marco was a great host. One must have a car as many villages & train in area. Fantastic views from upstairs windows! Antiques everywhere - love patios and huge yard. Very quiet - the villages & locals charming. Thank you Marco!
We've stayed in Zoli CountryHouse for 4 nights in Sept 2014 together with our kids and friends .
We all enjoyed the beautiful Tuscan view, but more than that we enjoyed the spacious and tranquil house and its 11th century history!!!
Our host was very hospitable, but at the same time he gave us freedom to enjoy the property among us.
Thank you for being a trustful and friendly host!
We were a family of 9 that spent a wonderful couple of weeks at the Zoli house. A car is necessary for local travel and to access the train station at Sieca for transportation to Florence. There is plenty of free parking in Sieca and the trains come somewhat regularly! Marco provided us with a very good reference for a cooking experience with Marzia. We enjoyed walking to the local villages and exploring the countryside. This is truly a place to relax and enjoy Italy.
- Ancient country house (originally built in the XIII century), recently restored with respect of its historical characteristics, located in the village of Fornello, on the beautiful hills between Florence and Mugello.
- The Fornello village is only 18 km far from Florence and at few minutes car from Fiesole, Borgo San Lorenzo, Pontassieve. Bus service SITA from Florence (starting near to the Railway Station) is available too; the bus stop is located just in front of the house. The nearest airport is Florence (FLR) Airport; also Pisa or Bologna airports are reachable by train from Florence in less than a hour.
- The house is located in florentine countryside at 400 m AMSL and is surrounded by unforgettable landscape of vineyards, olive groves, cypress, chestnut, pine and oak trees, it' s a very good starting point to visit the whole Tuscany.
- The house is disposed on two floors and consists of four bedrooms, two large living rooms with sofa beds and a very large eat-in kitchen with a typical fire place. Furniture are traditional but all modern comforts are available (satellite TV, Wi-Fi internet connection, dishwasher, washing machine, telephone, and so on).
- The house is enclosed in a 1500 square meters wide green park, with trees and flowered plants. It’s perfect for outdoor dining as well as for resting or reading under a pine tree, but you can also practice many different activities in the surroundings.
- In the country or in the forest you can walk or look for mushrooms, of course you can easily visit Florence and enjoy of her art, history, museums.
- In a few minutes from Fornello you can reach very good “trattorie” where you can taste italian food and the famous “bistecca alla fiorentina” at a low cost. You can also taste vine of local production (Chianti Rufina). And if you like shopping and italian great stylists we suggest you a trip to The Mall “the exclusive outlet destination for shopping top brands at bargain prices” (www.themall.it), only 22 Km far from Fornello.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 24 2016 - Dec 16 2016
2 night minimum stay
Dec 17 2016 - Jan 7 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$436|
Rates include: bed and table linen and towels (three per person), weekly changed; an initial supply of toilet paper and cleaning products; internet Wi-Fi, satellite TV, hot water, electricity, gas for cooking, parking
Rates do not include: food, heating if necessary
Rates are indicative and depend on the number of persons and on length of the stay.