|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Williams Railway Retreat is a beautiful home situated in Williams, Arizona. Our property borders the Grand Canyon Railway . With views out the living room windows of Bill Williams Mountain, Grand Canyon Railway, San Francisco peaks & the beautiful Pine tree mountain landscape, you are guaranteed to get lost in its beauty.
Ideal for: Multi or Single Family Getaways, Polar Express \ Grand Canyon Train Rides, Grand Canyon Park Vacations, Romantic Vacations, or Corporate Retreats.
Only a 5 min walk to downtown Williams, Route 66, and only a 4 min walk to your boarding of the Grand Canyon Railway, Polar Express. If you choose not to visit the Grand Canyon on the Railway you will get to sit in the comfort of your own home and watch the trains go by daily.
Our Beautiful 5 Bedroom 2 Bathroom home was built in 2009 featuring all of the current finishes and amenities. You will be stunned with our warm relaxing layout, 14' vaulted ceilings, vaulted stone finished wood fireplace, master bathroom CAVE shower (yes I said cave) fully enclosed glass sun room, rear fenced yard with grass lawn and jacuzzi (an added $75 fee), and much more.
* Wireless Internet Access in the house;
* Washer & Dryer in Laundry room;
* Kitchen: Gas stove \ Oven, Refrigerator with Ice Maker, Microwave, Dishwasher & all Cooking Pans, Plates, Utensils.
* Living Room: Sectional Couch with Hide-a-bed & (2) Recliners, 60' Big Screen T.V., Surround Sound, Direct T.V. Satellite;
* Master Bedroom: Vaulted Ceilings, California King Bed, (2) Dressers & Closet;
* Master Bathroom: Bathtub, CAVE shower, Granite sink, all Shower Towels provided.
* Guest Bedroom#1: Full Bed, Dresser & Closet;
* Guest Bedroom#2: California King, Dresser & Closet;
* Loft Bedrooms above #2: (2) Twin Beds;
* Guest Bedroom #5: Bunk Bed full bottom, Twin top
* Guest Bathroom: Enclosed shower, (2) sinks 1 lowered for small children, all Shower Towels supplied;
* Private Rear Yard: Jacuzzi, BBQ, grass lawn, swing set playhouse, fully fenced with 6' wood fencing, garden area.
MY WIFE & I ARE A YOUNGER AMBITIOUS COUPLE WITH (4) CHILDREN. WE MOVED FROM THE RAILWAY HOUSE ONLY BECAUSE WE WANTED TO HAVE HORSES FOR OUR CHILDREN. WE ARE NOW SITUATED ON 20 ACRES JUST NORTH OF WILLIAMS. WE OWN & OPERATE A CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS IN WILLIAMS, WHILE MY WIFE HOME SCHOOLS ARE AMAZING CHILDREN. GOD HAS TRULY BLESSED US WITH AN AMAZING FAMILY!!
GOD BLESS YOU!
Beautiful home, host are very accommodating and respond to any questions promptly. The town is small and the people are all very friendly. We had breakfast at Pine Country Restaurant each morning wonderful food and even better service.
We loved our stay overall and if anything did come up they were there to help right away. It was a pleasure staying in such a beautiful home with our family.
We enjoyed the house a lot. After hiking 50 miles in the Grand Canyon, the hot tub felt awesome. The housing area around the house did not match to how nice the house was. We would stay here again
We stayed, 13 of us, comfortably in this cute little home. Caitlyn answered all of our E-mail questions quickly. She also allowed us to stay just one night! Great experience overall.
First of all, the property manager was very nice and accommodating when I was having problems with paying through Homeaway. (Issues with Homeaway are an entirely separate bad review and had nothing to do with my opinion of our stay.) Let me also preface with my husband accidentally booking our trip to start and end a day later, so our early arrival was a surprise to the property manager. She was very nice about this and allowed us to stay before the house was fully ready. Linens were clean, but bed wasn't made and house wasn't set, but this was our fault.
The biggest problem was the advertisement of how many people could sleep in the home. The website said up to 18 but we couldn't figure out how more than 14 people could sleep and this was including the BROKEN pull out couch and BROKEN couch for 3 of those people. The sleeping arrangements totalled as follows: 2 king beds, 2 full beds, 3 twin beds and a pull out bed on sectional couch. My almost 70 year old mother chose to sleep on the couch because she is up a lot at night and didn't want to disturb anyone. She woke in the middle of the night stuck in the collapsed pull out bed, yelling for help. No wonder there was a piece of plywood under the cushions, the frame was bent and couldn't support a 130 pound person without it. The queen size bedroom advertised was actually a full. We spent all weekend juggling people from room to room, trying to make everyone comfortable for at least one night.
Aside from the sleeping fiasco, there were only a few other issues. Oven/burners were terrible, taking a long time to cook food and also cooked it unevenly. Not too big of a deal, but games were missing too many pieces to play. 5 minute walk to town was really a 10 minute drive. One side of the house had a decent view into a field with the train on the other side, but the other 3 sides neighbored broken down homes with hoarder-style yards. After the issues with Homeaway payment, we couldn't tell if we had paid for the add-on of the jacuzzi, but my husband couldn't get it to work.
The house had many nice attributes, including a pretty fireplace, western-themed decor and a great backyard for kids. Bathrooms were great, upgraded showers were very nice. We did have a nice time during the day, it was just the night that was difficult. I would stay here again, but with no more than 2 couples who had lots of kids.
Williams Railway Retreat is situated near the Grand Canyon Railway train route, and is only a 5 minute walk to down town Williams Route 66, historic & shopping district.
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
* PARTIES OF 8 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL HAVE A $15.00 PER NIGHT, PER PERSON OCCUPANT FEE ADDED TO THEIR ESTIMATE. * PARTIES OF 8 OR MORE PEOPLE WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE 5TH BEDROOM WHICH IS NORMALLY LOCKED FOR SMALLER PARTIES.
* IF 5TH BEDROOM IS DESIRED WITH SMALLER PARTIES WE CAN UNLOCK ROOM FOR AN ADDITIONAL $25.00 FEE
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.