|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE VRBO QUOTE FEATURE QUOTES RENTALS RATES IN US DOLLARS. SUMMER RATES ARE $4,500 (CANADIAN) PER WEEK WHEN RENTED AS A 3 BEDROOM + LOFT (W/BUNK BEDS), $4,950.00 (CANADIAN) PER WEEK WHEN RENTED AS A 4 BEDROOM + LOFT (W/BUNK BEDS).
Located on the south west side of Browning Island, Lake Muskoka (just east of Cariquette Island) this BOAT ACCESS only' (rentals and water taxis in close proximity), newly built and private cottage (completed in 2009) features an open concept design, flooring ceiling windows, a stunning lake one-mile long view to the and 160' of private treed and sunny shoreline. The cottage sleeps up to 8 but is best suited to a family, ideal occupancy in comfort is 5 to 6 individuals. Features 3 bedrooms plus a sleeping loft with bunk beds. A fully furnished 4th bedroom (currently used as owners master bedroom) in the lower level walkout is also available for those who require extra space at an additional fee of $500.00 per week. Whether you rent as a 3 or 4 bedroom the cottage will remain private to the guests who rent it.
Enjoy stunning sunset views from three separate sitting areas, a private deck by the cottage, large deck by the shoreline or a sitting area at the water level dock. Excellent swimming with both shallow and deep water and granite steps into the lake. The cottage also has west exposure which provides for a sunny shoreline and decks from 10:00 am to sunset. A typical day-long breeze from the open waters to the west make this location virtually bug-free during daylight hours.
The cottage features an open concept design with a great room, floor to ceiling windows on the lake side, water-views on three sides from the sunroom, custom kitchen with granite countertops, hardwood and slate flooring, 20 foot ceilings, ceiling fans in each room, 2 fireplaces (one wood burning, the other propane), 2 bathrooms (one with whirlpool), 3 queen beds + two bunk beds, 52 inch plasma TV with DVD in great room, 32 inch TV's in each bedroom and a 50' TV in owners master suite (4th bedroom option at an additional fee of $450 per week), satellite TV, high speed internet, 2 large decks and multiple sitting areas by the water.
The waterway is quiet both on weekends and during the week as the only traffic is from one of your few island neighbors. This cottage provides the true 'on the water' Muskoka experience. Should you wish more privacy or have a desire to accommodate two families or a group greater than 8 in real comfort, you may rent the neighboring two bedroom cottage which allows for 4 more occupants (vrbo #350642) on the lot adjacent to this property. Both cottages together provide total privacy, your own private point and over 330' of shoreline.
· wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows - stunning west facing lake views
· 20 foot ceilings in main cottage
· 4 stainless steel appliances (fridge, stove, convection microwave, tall tub dishwasher
· fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops
· large dining room with seating for 8
· 2 bathrooms (one 3 piece, one 4 piece with whirlpool tub)
· 2 fireplaces - one floor to ceiling wood burning, one gas
· 3 bedrooms with queen size beds, each bedroom has a 32' flat screen TV, main floor master bedroom has TV + DVD player
· a fully furnished 4th bedroom with a 50 inch TB in the basement walkout is available to rent for an additional $450.00 per week (otherwise used as owners master bedroom when not renting)
· two bunk beds in loft
· open concept great room with three large leather couches
· 6 ceiling fans
· sun room with two large couches
· 52 inch flat screen plasma TV with DVD player + 32 inch flat screen TVs in each bedroom
· telephone for local calls
· Bell satellite TV
· high-speed Rogers portable internet (25 GB per week usage)
· flooring is a combination of hardwood and slate
· 2 exterior decks - 2 dining areas (one by the cottage and one by the water)
· 8 muskoka chairs
· 4 lounge chairs
· fire pit
· 40 foot private dock
BOAT RENTALS AND WATER TAXIS
- prices range from $695 to $2,000 per week. A range of fishing, runaboats, ski and pontoon boats available from recommended two local marinas (Allport Marina or Beaumaris Marina)
- water taxi service is also available through Pride of Muskoka Marina, Muskoka H2O Taxi or Allport Marina (cost is $40 to $50 per trip)
- call or email for details
Keywords: Lake Muskoka, Lake Rosseau, Lake Joseph, Bracebridge, Bala, Gravenhurst, Muskoka, Rosseau, Joseph, Port Carling, Luxury, Executive, Sun, Sunset
Owner may be contact at 416-214-9233 or jon @ waterhousesearch.com
Jon Stungevicius purchased this cottage in 2003
We choose to purchase this water access cottage for three reasons, the west exposure, the all-day sunshine (from 10 am to sunset), the gently westerly breeze and the quietness of a water access property. There are no cars on this mile wide by two mile long island and while there is some boat traffic on the lake it is generally in the distance allowing for a quiet relaxing week in the sun. All of the city and recreational amenities are a short boat ride away (100% accessible by water if you don't want to use your car) and include grocery shopping, restaurants and recreational activities such as golf.
Benefits of this cottage include privacy (cottage is located on a point) with only one other cottage in close proximity. Three outdoor decks, stunning open water views and a private dock. The cottage is newly constructed in 2009 and includes all the comforts and conveniences of your city home.
We rented both cottages for a family reunion and were not disappointed. The house was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities. The view was a knock-out and was entertainment enough while cooking and dining. Everyone loved having choices on where to relax or play both outside and inside. The sandy beach area and the two fire pit areas were a nice surprise. The small cottage had the traditional cozy cottage feel but everything felt new and clean which was nice. Thanks for providing nice spaces for us it was a perfect place for our two families.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
July and August
Jun 26 2016 - Sep 3 2016
7 night minimum stay
Sept and october
Sep 4 2016 - Oct 22 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Cottage rents as a 3 bedroom plus loft (w/ bunk beds for $4,500 per week). Additional master bedroom is available. for another $450 per week.
Boat rentals and water taxis are available at www.allportmarina.com and www.beaumarismarina.com.
Confirmation deposit is one third of the rental fee at time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to the rental period, security deposit of $750.00
Owner preference is that guest cleans the cottage on departure. Cleaning can be arranged at an additional fee of $350.00 or the guest can arrange their own cleaning through local service providers.
Optional 4th bedroom is an extra $500 per week.