|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Once the home of a local artist, this Non-Smoking home is a charming example of unique architecture in the well-established, southeast (Ridgecrest) area of Albuquerque. This corner property is just off secondary thoroughfares in an area of tall trees and established homes. Even though it is in a quiet area it is still convenient to the Sunport (airport), the University of New Mexico, Kirtland Air Force Base and the labs on the base (Sandia National Laboratories and Phillips Laboratory), as well as stores and shops. Most of these are less than ten minutes by auto.
The center of the house is a great room with a window wall onto the back garden. A sliding glass door leads onto a spacious covered patio. An integral covered patio, partially rimmed by an herb garden, is equipped with a picnic table, chairs, and umbrella for comfortable, Alfresco Dining experiences most of the year (the almost total absence of flies and mosquitoes is a definite plus!). The garden itself is large, private, and shaded by trees (Arizona Cypress, Mimosa, Crab Apple, and Apricot). Of course, you may have to share the garden with one of our resident Road Runners, Scrub Jays, Goldfinches, as well as a plethora of other bird species. Your pet (and you) will appreciate this secure garden experience. Off street parking in front and a pad on the side suitable for a large motor home or ??.
Major overhaul of bath just completed as well as new, thermopane windows, doors, etc.
Having spent 8 weeks living in this house between moves, I feel this review gives a good "overall" opinion on this house. First, the pros:
- GREAT location. This is one of the premiere locations in Albuquerque (Ridgecrest) Very close to Nob Hill, the "hub" of fun in Albuquerque, you're minutes away from the best the city has to offer. The residents in this neighborhood are friendly, walk their dogs at all hours of the day, and will make it a point to say hi and get to know you. You are close to the airport, highways, etc.
- Lovely backyard. The backward is spacious and grassy and we ate outside most nights; great yard if you bring your dogs.
- Roadrunners. This sounds chessy, but roadrunners, the state bird of NM are a rare sighting in Abq, and no matter how many times you see one, you always smile. There are families of roadrunners all through this neighborhood and you will see them daily.
- the house was well furnished and had all the "necessities." No extra perks, this house has nothing fancy, but includes all that you will need for your stay.
- we have Verizon cell phones, and the service was spotty to the point of dropping calls regularly
- Internet (supplied by the owner) was sporadic and slow. They have a light switch to turn off and on to "reset" the internet, and we had to do this a few times a day. It's also a shared service with the family who lives in the studio attached to the main house, so that might contribute to the speed and having to reset it regularly
- Though there are two rooms and it sleeps 4, the bathroom is little with a pedestal sink, no counter space, and our family of 4 felt smushed going in and out of the bathroom. This is a house better suited for 2 people.
- The stove has a funky burner that is hard to regulate. There's no settings, you just kind of have to estimate how high or low you think it is.
Final thoughts- if you're going to be out and about during day, seeing all the area has to offer, this is a great house to come home to as your as your "home base." I probably wouldn't stay here again with young kids, but for a retired couple or single person, it's all you need.
The property was clean and the beds comfortable. The location was quiet for sleeping. The only drawback of import to us was that the bath did not have an outlet but we got around this with an extension cord. The owner was cordial and the place was supplied with the necessities sans food. A nice place and I would stay there again. R.
Great walking neighborhood
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
A deposit of 1/2 the rent and the filled out and signed contract form required to secure reservation . Balance due on arrival. Payments may be cash, check, or credit card.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.