About the property
- House1 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Bungalow, 1 Bedroom, 2 Queen Beds, 1 Hawaiian Day Bed Sleeper- Sleeps 6
La Casa Sombra welcomes you! Come be our guest in the jungle where you can walk to the beach, nosara yoga institute and so much more! No need for a car rental! Our 2 queen size beds, along with hawaiian day sleeper will for sure have you well rested after a day of adventure! Our outdoor bamboo shower is the best! The bungalow is modernized with full air-conditioning. Wake up with the howler monkeys, and a fresh cup of costa rican coffee! Pura Vida!!
While the infrastructure in Costa Rica is improving, it is highly likely that you will experience power, water and internet outages at some point during your stay. We consider it part of the fun of experiencing another country and culture. All of these outages are beyond the control of the homeowner and the management company and may come without advance notice. If having internet access is imperative during your visit, we recommend you research internet data plans available to your through your cellular provider. If you have any questions at all, please contact us in advance of booking your stay as refunds and concessions will not be given for any of the reasons above as they are beyond the control of the homeowner and property manager. Thank you and we look forward to helping you step back in time, relax and enjoy the Pura Vida of Costa Rica.
Keywords: Cottage, Cabin, Casa, House, Studio, Bungalow, Walk to everything, Surf, Yoga, Howler Monkeys
Mitzi and Katie
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Why Mitzi and Katie chose Playa Guiones
We discovered Nosara, Costa Rica from fellow surf and yoga enthusiasts and immediately fell in love. La Casa Sombra was the perfect location to call home! Walking distance to everything! We wanted to share our love for the town with friends, family, and fellow travelers so we decided to purchase La Casa Sombra and invite everyone to share the love!
What makes this House unique
La Casa Sombra is located on the 'yoga trail' 5-minutes walk to the Nosara Yoga Institute, 2-minute walk to the center of town, and a 10-minute walk to Playa Guiones beach with miles of world class surf.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Loved it & would definitely go back!
We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!
We are located just minutes walk on the 'yoga trail' to the Nosara Yoga Institute where you can experience all types of yoga classes! Two-minute walk in the other direction and your in the center of town with plenty of restaurants, shops, and activity rentals to choose from!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
$150 security deposit required with $100 refundable and $50 retained for cleaning fees $12/night AC charge is added to the nightly rate