All 6,000 square feet of this privately-owned, exquisite oceanfront villa is available for rent throughout the year. Located in Tankah, only minutes away from Tulum, Mexico Villa Escapar is the perfect setting for a family vacation, excursion with friends, or a quick romantic getaway. This luxurious villa offers enough space to comfortably accommodate up to 12 guests. Our three-level beachfront home features a magnificent open grand entryway complete with a picturesque fountain and two winding stair cases leading to lavish common areas and private bedrooms. Villa Escapar includes 2 private bedrooms with king beds, 3 bedrooms with a queen bed, 5 ½ bathrooms, a fully equipped chef’s kitchen, living area with a flat screen TV and Bose surround system, and a Casita with 30 feet from the main house.. The spacious upper-level terrace offers incredible ocean views from our private bedrooms and comfortable outdoor accommodations. The rooftop lounge is the picture-perfect setting for romantic sunsets/sunrises, evening libations or stargazing. Enjoy a breathtaking full ocean view and walk-out access to the beautiful infinity pool complete with built-in lounges and swim-up bar overlooking the private white sand beach. Relax in the covered veranda with 2 full sofas, covered palapa, dining area and a hammock. Our beachfront palapas include teak lounges. The beach in front of the house is the nesting grounds for the Leatherback turtle, an endangered species. From May thru September they lay their eggs and you can see the baby turtles hatch as well. Conveniently located, this one-of-a-kind villa is a 75 minute drive south of Cancun airport, 40 minutes from the lovely Playa Del Carmen, and a short drive to the city of Tulum. Our exceptional on-site caretakers are ready to take excellent care of you. So whether you just want to relax and enjoy the serenity of Villa Escapar’s oceanfront bliss or indulge in all the adventure that surrounds her in Tankah, Tulum and Akumal; we welcome you to our villa!
- Villa6000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay1 - 7 nights
Oceanfront, Infinity pool, 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, Sleeps 8-12
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 18, 2018
What makes this Villa unique
The beach in front of the house is the nesting grounds for the Leatherback turtle, an endangered species. From May thru September they lay their eggs and you can see the baby turtles hatch as well.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Awesome House Beautiful!
Loved our stay. They house and beach were perfect. Manual and Louisa were warm and welcoming. The Tulum area has a lot to do. Fabulous restaurants nearby in Tulum Beach. I️ enjoyed lazing by the pool and had my morning coffee on the beach everyday!
Thank you for the 5 Star review. The owner, property manager, coordinator and staff Manual & Louisa are committed in providing the very best service.
Frank, the Villa Escapar Coordinator
Gorgeous inside and out + BABY SEA TURTLES!!!
My entire family (parents, siblings, spouses and kids) just spent a week at this amazing Villa and had a wonderful time! Bottom line: Come to Tulum and stay in this villa -- it is absolutely perfect! Here are some key highlights/things to note:
1. The owners are very helpful & answered all of my questions before our arrival. They recommended rental cars through Hertz and their contact, Mirna. This was a great recommendation, as Mirna really took care of us. (FYI, it does take awhile to get your car once you arrive at the Hertz facility -- bring snacks and water :))
2. The drive to Tulum from Cancun was very easy - highway the whole way. Once you arrive to the area, there is a about a 10-12 minute drive on a dirt road to the house. If you pass the Blu Sky Hotel and the Cenote (Tankah) - you are on the right path.
3. The house itself is AMAZING. Every bedroom is great, fully stocked kitchen and spectacular views all around! The pool was a major highlight - as were all the decks. We spent every night on the roof enjoying the ocean breeze and watching sea turtles (more on that below). One thing to note - it wasn't a problem for us - but the wifi was spotty at best and missing most of the time. If you are planning to work from here, that could be a problem.
4. Manuel and Luisa - The home caretakers were the best! As soon as we arrived, Manuel cut down coconuts and we had fresh coconut water. The groceries were waiting for us -- and by the evening Luisa had whipped up an amazing meal. Her cooking was GREAT - and very convenient. I think price wise - it did end up costing a bit more then eating at a restaurant -- but it was very delicious, very convenient -- and she often times made enough that we would eat leftovers for lunch.. so in that sense - it was comparable. Both her & Manuel awesome & made sure the house and beach were always in excellent condition.
5. The beach - So there is a seaweed issue on the east coast of MX -- which made the beach fairly unswimmable. Though Manuel did clean it everyday -- so it was much better than our neighbors beach! It was also rocky - so even if we did wade into it - we would be wearing swim shoes. But honestly - it wasn't a problem-bc the most amazing thing about this beach (& maybe this vacay) was the hatching sea turtles! Each day we would find DOZENS of babies hatching and help them (w/manuel's instruction) to the ocean..& at night we would see mama's making nests and laying eggs. Felt magical!
FAR BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!!
Villa Escapar is a piece of heaven! Our family had the most memorable and special week at this magnificent villa. The accommodations were superior, views spectacular and food unbelievable! Luisa and Manuel spoiled us everyday open heartedly and cheerfully, fulfilling our many requests. They helped us celebrate Grampa's 71st birthday singing a beautiful Spanish version of "Happy Birthday"! They were so gracious and patient with our five grandchildren ages 1 thru 10, catering to all of their needs. The kids literally lived in the amazing pool all day long completely exhausted by days end. We were pleasantly surprised and awe struck by the nearly nightly visits of giant sea turtles arriving on the beach in front of the villa to lay their eggs, actually witnessing baby turtles hatching and watching them make their way to the ocean, an unforgettable experience to say the least! The cenote a short jog away made for a magical open water swim many mornings, such a treat. We enjoyed lunch and visits to Tulum and the guys had an excellent day of flyfishing south of Tulum. Finally, John and Frank were so gracious and patient with us having to rearrange our vacation plans do to an unforeseeable surgery and rehabilitation, incredibly understand through it all. Our family all agreed this was one of our favorite vacations and there is no doubt we will return to this magical place!
We had the best, most relaxing vacation in Tulum at this gorgeous home. The house was immaculate, with plenty of space for everyone, and plenty of places to lounge, whether around the pool, on the beach under the palapa, or on 1 of the 2 decks. Rooftop deck is a pretty spectacular place to see the sunset and the stars. Pool is beautiful, and kept the kids happy. There were pool floats, games, and movies also. Canadian satellite TV.
What makes this place unique are the caretakers, Manuel and Louisa. Incredible service (always with a smile), and Louisa's meals were better than those we ate out (our favorite was chicken enchiladas and her flan is to-die-for). Also the owner was very responsive and helpful. We took advantage of having groceries ready for us when we arrived. Also, the sea turtles! There were at least 6 nests right in front of this house alone, and we saw baby turtles.
Things to do: we snorkeled in Dos Ojos cenote and it was awesome. There is another right by the house. We also visited the ruins. We ate at Blue Sky just down the road, food was great, service was good too. Also highly recommend eating at Jashita Hotel, just north on Solimon Bay. Outstanding food and service, beautiful view right on the beach. We drove to Tulum on beach days since it is very rocky in the water here. Not swimmable here without getting banged up. We ate breakfast at The Real Coconut at Sanara hotel, then they would allow us to have some chairs/umbrellas. Beach there is gorgeous- white powdery sand.
I would recommend renting a car. We loved that this home was located where it was, but everything is a drive, albeit short. We rented from Hertz once we arrived in Tulum.
The only mild snafoo we ran into was the driver from the airport, which was recommended by the property owner, got a little lost trying to find the home. For some reason he thought we were at a hotel in Tulum, despite having been provided the address ahead.
I would DEFINITELY return to this property!
House is beautiful. Onsite staff is excellent: always helpful, never intrusive, + Louisa's food service is a real crowd pleaser. On top of all that: GIANT SEA TURTLES on the beach every night during our stay.
Beautiful home and property!
We rented this house for extended family ages 7-80 as a family member was having a destination wedding in Tulum. A great oasis away from town. Manuel and Louisa were great and we enjoyed several meals at Villa Escapar. The property was well kept and very comfortable. We has issues and brain damage with renting cars from Cancun Airport ( required large deposits, car reserved not available etc) resulting is several wedding attendees hiring USA Transfers and they were amazing! $190 rt for 6 people in my party. Probably 30 people from the wedding used them and no one had an issue. They even tracked down and returned someone’s misplaced wallet and passport! If you are looking for a relaxing place to “escape” Villa Escapar is it!
Viila Escapar is located 10 minutes from the city of Tulum in a secluded residential area right on the beach. Diving, Snorkeling, Fishing, Shopping, Grocery Marts, Ruins, Cenotes and Restaurants minutes away.