Rustic, Twin Lakes Lodge located in the heart of Upper Michigan’s Snowmobile Capital of the Mid-west and the Summer Place - NOT too miss. The Munising area is centrally located...perfect for day trips. The Main floor great room contains a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and living room. 2 bedrooms on the main floor, large bedroom holds 2 full sized beds, small room 1 queen bed and a twin cot. The upper level is a generous sized loft. It holds 2 full beds, a queen sofa sleeper/sitting area that overlooks the great room. The bathroom is on Main floor. All rooms offer plenty of moving around room. The lodge itself is set back away from the lake, allowing the guest additional privacy. There's plenty of room for trailers/vehicles/ATV's...Fix dinner in the fully equipped kitchen. Full size Refrigerator, stove-oven, microwave and coffee pot. Enough table service for 10.
- Cottage1200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 10+, Satellite TV, Sandy Beach
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 17, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
We had an amazing week, the directions to the cottage were perfect. Plenty of room in the well stocked cottage. There was more than enough room for the 7 adults. The water heater was over the top even the last person had more than enough hot water. We saw 18 waterfalls, deer, racoon, and a foot print that we think was a dog but not to sure about that. While up by Newberry some in our group saw a black bear run across the road. Betty Martinez
Thanks Betty! I hope to hear from you again.
A Nice Intro to the UP
I stayed at Twin Lakes Lodge for seven nights in early October 2017. It's a great spot and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to a friend. Here are some things to note:
* I was there by myself so I had plenty of room. In fact, I did not use the loft at all, and I used the main bedroom only to store my duffel bag and other gear. The cabin would be very comfortable for four adults, or perhaps even six; there's ample seating in the common room and at the big dining room table. If the weather is right, there's also a lot of room outdoors for hanging out. It would as well be a great place for a family because of the loft; my kids are in college now but I know they would have enjoyed having the loft to themselves. There's also a selection of board games, a videogame console and, of course, a nice little lake walking distance from the cabin. In short, it's a pretty kid-friendly setup.
* I really appreciated the fact that all of the devices in the cabin worked: the kitchen appliances, the Internet service and the TV were without problems. The TV had what I consider to be the requisite channels: ESPN, hockey and the other sports stuff. It also had a lot of other programming so I'm sure everyone could find something worth watching.
* It was unusually warm that week so I only used the baseboard heat in the bathroom and a little bit in the common room--but, when I did switch it on, it quickly warmed the room up and made it very comfortable.
* The common room furniture and the one bed I used were comfortable and of good quality. I have rented other cabins where I almost needed to go to a chiropractor afterward because of a poor quality bed. In this case, though, the mattress was in very good shape and there were plenty of blankets and pillows.
* The cabin is definitely private and off the beaten path but, all in all, is very convenient to Munising, which is a fair-sized town. You'll find a couple of decent grocery stores, some fast food, plenty of options for gas, a US Forest Service Visitor Center (very helpful staff there) and a pretty good bagel and coffee shop.
I treat myself to a fall hiking trip "Up North" every year. For the past six years I have stayed in various places in Wisconsin, so this was my first visit to the Upper Peninsula. The cabin and the entire experience was great; I came away with a great first impression of the UP and will look forward to returning to the area in the coming years.
Cozy. Coffee pot did not work. They delivered a new one with a couple of hours. Had a great time.
We were trail riding with side by side. Easy ascess to trails.
Beautiful and secluded
We had a wonderful time in this cabin in the woods! The cabin was very well kept, and had everything we needed. We especially liked having the lake so close, and being able to use the pedal boat and raft. If you're looking for a place to get away from it all, yet still be close to amazing natural wonders like Pictured Rocks, this is the place to do it!
Excellent Value - Great Location - Very Clean
This place is where you want to be if you like fishing, hiking, star gazing, 4 wheeling. We had young children and there was so much to do. Munising has so much to offer. We went to visit the water falls, Pictured Rock Tours, fishing and chilling around the camp fire. The cabin was very comfortable and close to the lake where we went fishing and swimming. We were very happy with our stay and can’t wait to come back next year.
Other Activities: snowmobiling, 4 wheeling