|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Location: Bald Head Island, Southern Coast, Coastal, North Carolina, USA (Killegray Ridge, 1 Mile from Point; Wilmington 35 miles)
Accommodations: Beach House, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (sleeps 5)
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny INside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
20 Keeper's Landing, MERRITT IN THE LANDING, offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, meticulously maintained, well equipped island cottage for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Across the street from the front porch enjoy a 200+ foot dock stretching into the marsh.....enjoy the stars at night, the peaceful warmth and views of the maritime forest, or try your hand at crabbing and/or fishing!
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, colorful dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Home with inverted floor plan: UPPER floor with 1 BR (master w/queen and TV, bathroom including tub-shower), living/dining and kitchen; LOWER lever with bedroom with bunks and trundle, chest of drawers, TV and small sofa; small sitting room w/stuffed chaise and washer/dryer
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, new appliances, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• Outdoor, secluded patio with charcoal grill and shower
• One 4 person golf cart available (year round maintenance agreement)
* Hi speed INTERNET, secure sign on
• Two cruiser bikes for PAVED road use ONLY, 'as is' condition
* Experienced, private, caring housekeeper whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• East Beach, Maritime Market, BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool and Shoal's Club each a bike ride or golf cart ride away
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership at one club is available to purchase (w/opportunity for golfing, tennis, croquet, swimming, exercise room and fine dining) if guests choose to include
Keywords: island cottage in maritime forest
We had a WONDERFUL first visit to Bald Head island. Merritt in the Landing was a perfect place for me, my husband and 2 kids. The home was in a great location-we enjoyed access to the beautiful marsh and we were close to the beaches. The home was clean, well maintained and had everything we needed for a quite, relaxing vacation. I would recommend this rental home to anyone and we hope to return again next summer!
Merritt in the Landing was the perfect spot for our last get-away of summer! The property was spotless and well-stocked; it had everything we needed. The golf cart was in perfect working order as were the 2 bikes. The location is wonderful; close to the beach and across the street from the beautiful long dock out onto the marsh. We were so pleasantly surprised that there were NO mosquitoes (we expected them in August). We would certainly rent this property again in the future! The owner was wonderful to work with - all in all this was a perfect VRBO experience:)
This house served us well for last minute booking. However, nightly rate is quite high compared to other nicer options and locations on the island. We were only staying for 3 nights and most accommodations require 7 night min stays. The biggest disappointment were the bathrooms which were dirty upon our arrival and bath towels smelled very bad. FYI, no beach towels provided. However, kitchen was well stocked and clean. Furniture was adequate but showing signs of wear. Beds had waterproof mattress covers that were loud and uncomfortable. We loved using the golf cart (though quite dated) and very nice to have beach chairs. Again, this home is a nice option for family for short stay, but needs some attention.
This is a beautiful, well appointed, and relaxing house that we would go back to in an instant! It's great for a couple or a family. The house is excellently maintained, the kitchen has everything you need, the bikes are great, the furniture is lovely, and the beds are perfect! The house is on a peaceful road, a few steps from the serene marshes. It was very hard to leave!
This was our second time on the island. Staying in the marsh was a great experience. It was quite and relaxing. Walking out on the walk way after dark was beautiful to see. The house exceptional as always. Everything that we expected and more. We had a wonderful time and are already looking forward to going back. We have stayed both times in a Merritt house. No disappointments. Everything was clean and there as promised. The bikes were great. Can not say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay! Working with the owner could not have been easier and more enjoyable. When we return we will contact her again!
My friends and I went to Bald Head Island for the first time last week for a friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time and it was in great part due to our stay in Merritt in the Landing. It was charming, spacious, clean, and everything worked as it should! The property owner was very easy to work with and even had a welcoming gift bag waiting for us in the dining area upon our arrival. I highly recommend this property!
Bald Head Island Conservancy Has an Educational Museum and Summer Programs Available! Bald Head Island Sailing Club Offers Sailing Lessons!
Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 17 2016 - May 19 2017
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|departure clean||$160 + Tax|
Contracts AND Payment/Security Refund managed by privately hired accountant. NO associated FEES.
To RESERVE: 25 yr minimum age to rent; Deposit and half of total rental required, remaining amount due 45 days prior to arrival. CANCELLATIONS: forfeit deposit & if less than 45 days require re-rental to secure refund of monies paid toward rental! Encourage travel insurance.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.