|Space||2,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Casa Joya (or 'jewel house'), offers you The Best of Both Worlds with The History of Colonial San Miguel and the Vibrancy of Contemporary Mexico.
- A beautiful, newly constructed home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by internationally renowned San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, Houses in the Sun
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful location of the Historic Center:
- Close to all you’d want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 10-minute (or less) stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza)
- Just 2 blocks from the main Mercado (offering an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, meat and poultry)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
Details of the House:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped kitchen for those who love to cook -- set up for ease and convenience.
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, flat screen HD TV, DVD player and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service for free long distance calling -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
'Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks their in 2010 and we highly recommend it.'
Keywords: Home, House, Vacation Rental, Vacation Home, San Miguel Rental Home, San Miguel Vacation Rental, San Miguel Vacation Home, Vacation Home San Miguel Centro
My husband and I have traveled the globe for fun and work our entire 20+ years together. We have homes in San Francisco where we are originally from and now New York where we chose to move because business allowed. When we first saw San Miguel de Allende, it was introduced to us by the architects who remodeled our home in San Francisco in 1999. They own and build many homes in San Miguel and were raving about this absolutely magical 450-year old colonial town in Mexico. We fell under it's spell the first time we visited with our children, bought a piece of land in the historic center, and with these same architects built a dream vacation home for ourselves. We love all things cultural, hence our delight in living outside of NYC, and historical, but wanted a more relaxed environment to get away to. San Miguel fits all of these characteristics like a charm!
Annie Reutinger purchased this house in 2007
Centro Historic is the epicenter of San Miguel's vibrant life. This area is not only beautiful and historic, but where you will find most of the town's restaurants, cultural events (music, film and lectures), galleries, shopping and it's numerous and not to be missed regional and religious festivals. As San Miguel is truly a walking town, living in and around Centro Historico gives you easy access to all the best of what SMA has to offer and
Casa Joya is perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions easily by foot.
We built Casa Joya to be a home away from home, making sure it was comfortable and functional as well as a delight to the eye.
Casa Joya is:
- a beautiful art-filled contemporary Mexican modern home, complete with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay
- in the heart of the Historic Center but in very quiet neighborhood
- perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions by foot. San Miguel is a walking town
- only two short blocks from the famed covered market and artisan shopping district
- just blocks from main square or 'Jardin'
- easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, shopping, antiquing and the epicenter of all regional and artistic festivals
- Vonage phone service -- free calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Les damos las gracias por permitimos hospedamos en Casa de Joya. Las instalaciones son perfectors y la casa esta sobra decir es Hermosa.
Nos encanto nuestra estancia en San Miguel de Allende. Gracias.
Gracias a los atenciounes Sheila, Annie and Martha.
Stayed her for a handful of days in this surprisingly beautiful town and wish it could have been longer. The is well located - very close to the jardin but also a little secluded - perfect. The design is thoughtful, creative and very comfortable. The hosts are very accommodateing - couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended!
Casa Joya was a wonderful house for our recent visit. It was very conveniently located. As soon as you enter you feel immersed in the culture. Even with our young child we were able to easily walk to all the restaurants museums and sightseeing without ever feeling tired or stretched for time. The house is lovely and has a beautiful terrace with incredible views of the Parroquia. Annie, Sheila and the driver were very gracious and always available to help in anyway. San Miguel is a magical place and Casa Joya was part of the wonderful experience.
Our family travelled to San Miguel for a family wedding in April. We chose Casa Joya for its perfect location to accommodate immediate family within easy walking distance of the Jardin restaurants, coffee shops, the Mercado market and parks for people-watching. Upon entering the heavy outside wooden door from the walkway, all the comforts of home were available to everyone. The wonderful rooftop patio with comfortable furnishings provided an early morning place for coffee or after dark relaxing, overlooking the lights and sounds of the city. The exceptionally good internet access made it easy to keep contact with life back in the US.
Although we visited the large Mega grocery store by taxi to stock the refrigerator and kitchen, most of the family enjoyed finding interesting places to eat in and around the Jardin and so inexpensively. Don't miss the nearby tortilla stand with it's fresh, hot tortillas awaiting under a towel for mere pesos for a stack wrapped in paper. A visit to the Mercado market kept fresh flowers and fruit in the kitchen for the entire stay.
We especially appreciated all the assistance provided for transportation 5 times from and to the QRO airport. The drivers were always on time, helpful and friendly.
Finally, we particularly enjoyed the attention the owners have given to furnishing and decorating their home with local interesting art and pottery. The bright colors, trickling water wall and creative lighting added another level of enjoyment to staying at Casa Joya. Thank you, Steve and Iona!
My wife and I came down for a long fiesta weekend. We wanted to be close to the Jardin (center of action) yet have a great view and be in a real Mexican neighborhood a bit set away from the hustle and bustle. Casa Joya is perfectly situated so that you don't feel like it's a chore to stroll to the Jardin for a coffee or to run back and pick up that vase you couldn't decide on getting earlier.
The house itself is set behind tall walls that give you total privacy and a sense of intimacy. Yet climb the stairs to the sala and you are greeted with a view of the town and the mountains beyond. It was too easy to fall asleep on the terrace to the sound of the church bells below.
One night we didn't have the energy and asked the housekeeper to prepare some enchiladas and salad for us. We counted this among our best meals, despite eating extremely well at the many restaurants. In addition, having laundry service meant that we packed less clothes and were easily able to carry on, saving time at the airport.
We loved the airy, modern design that is totally in keeping with the colonial spirit of San Miguel.
Thank you, Steve and Iona, for sharing your beautiful San Miguel home with us. We loved our "too brief" stay here and will definitely be back. Your San Miguel home is spectacular; the photos on your website do not come close to how fantastic this home is in person! The location is perfect for walking San Miguel and visiting all of the wonderful sites. We hope to come again soon!
We arrived in San Miguel de Allende to attend a family wedding this week. This was our first trip to Mexico and to San Miguel and we were delighted with the beautiful accommodations of Casa Joya. As soon as we walked in the front door we were amazed at the beauty of the architecture and decor of Casa Joya, a perfect combination of old and modern architecture and art. We enjoyed all the comforts of home plus a lovely lady that kept everything clean and neat. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to come back again someday.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 8 2017 - Apr 16 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Minimum stay 3 nights. Per night stay under 7 days is $250/night mid-week. Weekend rates (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) are $334/night.
50% deoosit at booking. Balance 45 days in advance of check-in date.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Art Galleries, Well Known Art Schools, Highly Regarded Spanish Language Schools, Cooking Schools, Hot Springs, ATV Rentals, Bontanical Gardens, Sight-Seeing, Historic Sites, Regional Festivals.