|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Isle of View- A beautiful Private Islan located in dramatic Ogden Canyon right on the Ogden River. Secluded with Ducks, Deer, Racoon, Squirrels, Beaver and Trout cruising the property yet conveniently close -10 minutes to the city with 10 golf courses, beautiful parks, malls, theaters and restaurants. Three ski resorts within 10 to 20 minutes.
Snow Basin, where 02' winter Olympics were held, with a fantastic upscale environment at moderate pricing. Powder Mountain largest ski area in northern hemisphere and nearby Wolf Mountain, an economical family resort, with day and night skiing .
Lodging at Isle of View is a romantic comfortable 2600 square foot hideaway surrounded by beauty, river and mountains with great fishing right off the deck - rainbow and brown trout are the most common with cutthroat, whitefish and brook trout also cruise the river.
It is also possible to raft from the house right thru town on a river that varies from class 5 to 2 There are many hiking and horseback trails nearby and just up the river, a couple minutes by car, is Pineview Reservoir, a beautiful lake with boating and fishing activities.
Isle of View - pronounce our name out loud to your sweetheart for a special surprise.
Just added 3rd Bedroom new Master Bedroom & Bath right over river with fireplace and Flatscreen with upgrade comcast HBO etc. trying to keep original pricing so this is extra of $50/nt, also added for your enhanced experience new Sauna at $25/nt extra . If using "book it now" just book house and let me know interested in extra Bed or Sauna and I will send additional Payment Request for these nightly extras. Also 2 payments can be arranged.
My wife and I loved it. A few observations, some compliments and some complaints:
1. You're safe in the winter. The owner of the cabin hires a man to overlook the care/cleaning of the cabin. The man's name is Don and he's simply an angel. He and his son are the hardest working caretakers we've ever seen. We woke up around 5:30 am on Christmas morning and they were both out there already shoveling our walk, bridge and the driveway so we could walk safely to our cars. They came back two or three times on Christmas, which was on a Sunday, and did it again. Joseph (owner), I don't know what you're paying this guy, but it's not enough. Seriously, he needs a raise. I will probably approach him in the future and ask him if he wants to come work for me because he runs circles around most caretakers.
2. While you're there, don't work with Joseph, the owner, at all if you can help it. He simply owns it and quite frankly he's kinda grouchy. He's not the kindest man we've every worked with. Contact Don with all your needs. He'll take care of you.
3. When we got there they had just put in a brand new, huge TV in the living room and the DVD player wasn't compatible with it so they ordered a new one, which should be there by now. Instead of making a fuss about it, we just used our own while we were there at the cabin. It worked great. That shouldn't be an issue for future guests.
4. If you need to do laundry while you're up there, just bring some detergent with you or grab some at the grocery story 5 minutes down the road. I think they had one cup of detergent out, but we were there for a week, so we grabbed some from Walmart which is like 10 or 15 minutes away.
5. Use all the amenities. We had a couple days left and we still hadn't used the pool table, the hot tub, the fireplace in the game-room, etc. Take advantage of the whole cabin because it's pretty amazing.
6. If I had two complaints they'd be smell and towels. When we got there, there was a really funny smell in the cabin. We had a couple Christmas air fresheners and it totally took care of it. We didn't use the new room they advertised, but Don opened it for a second to look for a cord for the TV and I'm pretty sure the smell was from there. It might just be something stored in there that we didn't use or see. Beds were great, but the towels very used. They could afford to by some soft towels, but they were very exfoliating. Some people pay good money for that.
Fun cabin for a great new years eve, beautiful piece of property, definitely full of character, felt right at home.
Went here with some friends, it was a perfect weekend getaway. Perfect location and a quaint cabin.
We stayed at the Isle of View from a Monday to Friday in August. It is even better than the pictures, it is just a very peaceful and magical place. Our teenagers actually put their cell phones down and played games and explored like kids should. River was a bit cold for tubing but they ventured out anyway and had fun. The accommodations were perfect, grocery store is very close, we cooked, baked, relaxed, and we truly loved every minute we were there. We give very high recommendations for anyone who would just like to get away from it all and relax.
Overall the home was fine, it had all the necessities needed for a great week in Utah. We LOVED the calming sound of the river that was heard from every part of the home. The backyard had a great fire pit & was by far the best part of the house, the kids played in the river (which was unbelievably cold) while my husband & I enjoyed the sounds & the views! It is slightly run down & has some areas of the yard that are not optimal but it was exactly what I expected per the pictures.
Great find. Quirky, abundant rental house with some serious personality. You'll love the bouncy 50' suspension bridge-- apparently the only way to get into the house. 3 bedrooms, 3.25 baths (there's a sink only in one of the bedrooms!), no problems with not enough hot water for 6 guys over 5 nights. Had trouble lighting a decent fire in the wood burning stove, probably due to the previous guests not brining in any firewood from outdoors to dry. Pool table may not be the best...not too much of a problem, but of 5 pool cues, only 1 had a workable tip. Tremendous views...you're IN the canyon! The sound of the streams rushing outside were a great bonus. Carport near the road shelters two cars. Don't be alarmed by the fact that, as you walk from one side of the house to the other, you basically sink a foot or two (or rise, depending on which way you go). Place was plenty clean enough and location within proximity to Snowbasin, Huntsville, and Ogden was ideal. For a party of 4-8 people, this place is great! Now don't go raising the prices on me, and keep a week open for me next Feb.!!!!
Other Activities: Shopping, Snowmobiling, Rock Climbing, Racquetball, Horseshoes, Hot Air Ballooning, Basketball Court, Miniature Golf, Boating, Snowboarding
|Cleaning Fee||$125 + Tax|
New Master Bedroom & Bath available @ $50 per night. Sauna also available @ $25 per night. If interested in these extras they unfortunately(Boo!! VRBO/Homeaway) have be reserved by separate payment request. Contact me.