About the property
- Half Baths2
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Prestigious Gated Ditleff Point Villa with Private Beach
Kaleidoscope Villa was designed with four couples in mind with equal accommodations, private entrances, one level and a circular car court for easy access and parking.
* Kaleidoscope Villa is a gated waterfront lot on the prestigious gated Ditleff Point with a private path to the water below the villa on Kaleidoscope’s truly private beach.
* Only Minutes to Cruz Bay Village for Dining and shopping
* Five built-in high efficiency A/Cs, one for each bedroom and the Great Room.
* 40x11 Heated Infinity Edge pool.
* Secluded private Hot Tub with music and a view.
* High Speed Wireless Internet throughout
* Dish/Satellite Flat Screen TV's in all rooms.
* Land phone line with Complimentary Long Distance to the mainland.
* Desktop Computer with printer/fax/scan/copier.
* Linen Service once per visit with a 7 night stay.
* 4 Bedrooms each with cathedral ceiling, bathroom, and balcony.
* Three Laundry rooms.
* 4 Master Suites with renowned Heavenly mattresses and linens.
* Private balconies on each bedroom with seating.
* Flat-screen TV's in all bedrooms.
* Each bungalow has a connecting private door between its two bedrooms which can be opened to enable monitoring young children.
* Gourmet Kitchen with professional appliances, ice machine and wine cooler.
* A Large 55' 3-D flat-screen TV with Satellite connection, 3-D Blue-Ray player.
* Indoor and outdoor Music Entertainment System.
* Books for Adults and Children
* Board Games for adults and for kids
* Two extra Elegant Powder Rooms.
* Custom private stone and walkway path from Villa to beach.
* Tommy Bahama Dining room chairs and swivel rockers.
* Deluxe Tommy Bahama Backpack Beach Chairs
* Hard and soft sided coolers
* Washer and throwing games
* Snorkel equipment and fins for adults and children.
* Villa has large Veranda areas for dining and relaxing in the shade or in the sun.
* Leeward Terrace for alfresco dining and large professional Grill for cooking local fish.
* Circular Driveway for ease of coming and going can accommodate 4-6 vehicles with ease.
* 44.5 KW John Deer sound attenuated generator with auto transfer switch to power entire villa.
* Steps above Fish Bay on Ditleff Point. A private custom stone path leads directly to a cove on Kaleidoscope Villa’s lot with unusually good snorkeling due lack of public access.
* Guests are permitted to use the gated private Ditleff Point Homeowner’s beach, a long sand and pebble beach with areas of shade and sun. Bring our Tommy Bahama beach chairs while you snorkel Ditleff Bay.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The Kaleidoscope Villa is absolutely amazing. The location is very convenient to Cruz Bay. The views are unparalleled. The 4 bedrooms are very private, each with their own bathrooms and the main house is perfect for gathering and eating together. The pool area is great for swimming or lounging in the sun and star gazing at night. There is everything you could possibly need or want as an amenity (i.e.: beach chairs, coolers, beach towels, snorkel gear, board games, ice maker, all kitchen necessities, etc.). We have stayed here many times dating back to 2011. The Kaleidoscope is meticulously maintained and looks the same as it did on our very first visit when it was brand new. The island of St John is hard at work making a comeback. Cruz Bay is mostly up and running with a few exceptions such as Warfside Village, which is currently under construction and looks like it will be more beautiful than ever. We were impressed with the amount of progress considering it has only been 5 months since the hurricanes of September 2017. It just goes to show how passionate people are about this paradise. It is more than just an island, it is a feeling you get when you are there. The beaches were actually larger and water is still crystal clear blue. Most restaurants were open, Morgan's Mango opened while we were there. All food and service was great. We were happy to be there to support tourism and were lucky enough to stay at this amazing villa.
This house is incredible and is situated on one of the most beautiful parts of the island. The views are literally breathtaking from every room, from the terrace and the tower. The pool is fantastic, landscaping is lush and beautiful. The home's location puts you in the middle of two beautiful bays, both of which offer great snorkeling. The home is equipped with everything you could possibly need, and the island host was attentive and available 24/7 if needed. The included chairs, coolers and beach gear made it so convenient to load up our Jeeps for the day and venture out. I have visited St John multiple times and this is by far the most fantastic villa I've ever seen.
Wow! The villa is breathtaking when you enter.
The drive to Ditleff point has some steep hills & tight turns but we had no problem getting to & from the villa. Recommend 4 wheel drive.
LOTS of games at the house.
The kitchen is GREAT to cook in. We appreciated that they have 2 refrigerators PLUS one in the outside bar. They have a separate ice maker which is awesome. Surprised this is the 1st luxury villa we've stayed in that had one!
Lots of snorkel equipment available if you don't want to bring your own.
Fun to watch the stars from the hot tub.
Comfortable beach chairs are provided that are easy to carry to the beach. Easy to get to Maho or the beaches past Coral Bay like Salt Pond & Ram's Head via Highway 104 which is close by & runs across the top of the island. The owners provide complimentary beach bags you can take home as a momento.
We slept great in the comfy beds. There are lots of hangars in the closets which isn't always the case. 3 of the bedrooms have outdoor showers which usually great. The master can be breezy & chilly. The others have less breeze. An indoor shower is available in 1 bedroom. The bedrooms aren't the same size but are well appointed.
The outdoor area by the pool is fantastic when hanging out at the house although it can be too windy for dinner or games.
You can watch turtles in the bay to the left of the villa - especially from the master bedroom patio. We were told the bay is too rough to swim with them.
The sound system is phenomenal. You can connect your own music through Apple TV or through an auxiliary port. There is Dish TV in each room.
Owners are super nice - even sent us a Christmas card prior to our stay!
Jane & Brian are great island hosts & will help answer any questions you have.
Loved that a private beach is a short walk from the house (slightly up hill walk on the way back). There is a pull out where you can park your car. The beach is rocky. You'll want good sandals (or watershoes) when on the beach. There was good snorkeling right or left from the beach. When we went left we saw 2 octopus. There were lots of fish along the rocks on the right. We also saw a big ray swimming along the rocks. We also enjoyed looking for shells on this beach.
Liked watching the cruise ships sail out of St. Thomas after sunset.
I would not suggest this villa for families with small children.
Amazing Views, fabulous warm infinity pool with fab floor plan outdoor space, sweet beach access
The builder/owner thought of every detail. Feels like 'home', spacious, cozy, inviting-stocked with everything you may need or want. From the built in cabinet ice maker to the two sets of laundry facilities and the out door showers, nothing was left out. And then there is the outdoor space, VIEWS -warm infinity pool, and private hot tub, relaxing loung area and turret with amazing views everywhere. And the beaches right at your doorstep....The only thing missing is our name on the deed!
Gorgeous views! Breathtaking when we entered the villa. We loved the floor plan/layout - so nice that each bedroom is separated from the main living area with no worries of waking anyone or bothering anyone with noise. The outdoor showers - the outdoor showers - the outdoor showers!!!!!! Aaaamazing. This was a once in a lifetime family vacation and this villa exceeded our expectations. Would not recommend this villa for families with small children only because of the height/rocks around the pool area. If you want memorable views, a high quality villa and exceptional service, this is it.
This villa is beyond amazing!
This villa is beyond amazing. It is our 3rd time to rent the villa over the past 5 years. It continues to be emaculantly maintained. The view from the property is absolutely breath-taking. St John offers great food and beautiful sights and activities. This trip we choose to spend a little more of our time on property so that we could relax and enjoy the villa amenities more. We grilled out one night and actually ordered in pizza another night. Watching the sunset while sitting at the edge of the infinity pool is pretty awesome. We did an all day boat trip one day for snorkling and island hopping. Our group plans to return once again for a spectacular vacation in a couple of years. You will NOT be disappointed.