|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Nice 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom condo on top floor of Mountain Lodge. Convenient location in village area of snowshoe.
See all my Snowshoe Condo listings
vrbo 114394 1 BR
vrbo 148235 2 BR
vrbo 219833 1 BR
Recently updated. In wing of building closest to village center but right out the backdoor you are at the top of the Ballhooter lift.
Mountain Lodge features large open lobby with a stacked rock fire place (a great gathering place).
IN WINTER, SNOWBOARD RENTAL DISCOUNTS FOR ALL WHO RENT FROM US!
NO SMOKING in the condo. NO PETS in the condo.
The condo location is the closest wing to the Split Rock Pool Complex, the Village, and the Slopes. Aunte Pastas Restaurant is in the lower lever of the building. Several village restaurants are available around the corner.
Mountain Lodge is a very family friendly complex. There is a video game room with about 25 games, an indoor toddler play area, a movie area which shows movies all winter on weekend nights, and quiet hours beginning at 10 PM. There are also a couple of fitness machines available on-site. (summarized below)
Mountain Lodge features:
Internet access in large lobby
Kids Play Area
Ballhooters Pub - during ski season
Aunte Pastas Restaurant - during ski season
Comedy Act on Weekends - during ski season
Movies on Weekends - during ski season
Best Parking at Snowshoe
Mtn. Bike Lockers in Summer
Keywords: condo,1 bedroom - village location
Here are the pros and cons that we noticed:
- Let's face it, Mountain Lodge is an older property, not on the luxury scale, but you are coming here to ski, not sit in the condo. However, if you do stay in the unit while your loved ones ski, this Unit was cute, warm, comfortable, clean and perfect for a long weekend stay. You are RIGHT on the slope and in walking distance to the village where the shops and restaurants are located.
- Lodge is at the top of a lift right outside of the back door, but if you need to get to lessons or green slopes for less experienced skiers, it is a very short walk / ski to get there. Also, it's great if you want to save some $ and come inside the condo for a quick lunch.
- There is an Italian restaurant in the basement of the building which was SO nice to have if you didn't feel like getting back into coats, scarves, gloves, hats and boots to walk over to the Village (where restaurants on Fri/Sat nights can easily have 1hr + wait times). It's not Carmines, but food was definitely decent (we ate there twice).
- When you arrive at the lodge with all your bags and gear and then have to walk it in multiple trips to your room... there are bunch (like 20) of hotel luggage carts in the lobby for you to use - very helpful!
- You are right around the corner from the outdoor heated pools and hot tubs (we didn't use these, but saw people in there apres ski)
- We didn't have many CONS that pertained specifically to the unit - couple of suggestions:
1.) Maybe replace the current shower head with a better one
2.) There was dishwasher detergent, but not dish soap. We were only 2 people and had breakfast (eggs) and lunch in the condo, but when finished we didn't have soap to wash the pans and dishes. We improvised and used a few sprinkles of the DW detergent on the wash cloth provided to clean the items.
- Those who stay at the lodge should be aware that the bedrooms of the units butt up against the hallway. That means if the other people in the lodge are talking, yelling, laughing, or clunking around in their ski boots in the hallway, you are going to hear it like it's in the room with you. Got a little more noisey on the weekend, but it's just something you have to deal with.
-Also, be aware about the area in general - if you don't have AT&T, you don't have cell service/GPS. Unit has wi-fi so that was useful.
Overall, a good stay and we would both recommend this unit and would stay in it again!
This place suited our needs perfectly. It had everything we needed to make all our own meals including a full size refrigerator. It was budget friendly and a very short walk to the slopes. (Go down the stairs instead of taking the elevator-its a much shorter walk!) The sofa bed was not too comfy (are they ever?) but fine for our small kids. There were plenty of extra blankets and pillows in the closet. We have stayed at other places with a pull out couch and they never seem to include enough bedding for it so this was a nice change. Martin was a great host and promptly answered all our questions. (This was our first time to Snowshoe so we had a lot of questions!) We would definitely stay here again. Thank you!
Mountain Lodge has been a favorite of ours for years due to the location right at top of Ball Hooter lift. It is overshadowed by the newer buildings slopeside in the village, but it is hard to beat the combination of location & lower cost of M L. This is a nice unit. Top floor facing the parking lot, and a few of the furnishings are due for replacement, such as the sofa and ottoman, but overall still nice. I would stay there again. Owner communication was timely.
Building is clean. Gives you the rustic feel of a true ski lodge. I wouldn't hesitate to rent here again.
We enjoyed our stay at Mountian Lodge room 309. You could not ask for a better location. We were just steps from the slopes, shopping, and restaurants. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. We had plenty of room for 4 snowboards and all our gear. The kitchen was well stocked with appliances, cookware, and dishes. I was able to cook several meals with ease. Very nice staff fresh towels brought to the room daily. We will definitely be back.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Late Ski Season
Mar 13 2017 - Apr 1 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jun 22 2017 - Jun 25 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Resort Fee||$15 + Tax|
Certain Festival and Event weekends are $100/nt
Contact me for other Holiday Rates not listed including
MLK Weekend is Jan 16th - 19th (3 nights) - rate is $250/nt.
President's Day Weekend is Feb 13th - 16th (3 nights) - rate is $300/nt.