|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: El Faro 101 is one of the premier 'end cap' oceanfront condos to be found on Playa's Main Beach with a Prime wrap-around corner ocean front terrace.
Offering the privacy of two private master suites with full baths, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a beautiful décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water. EVERY OTHER DAY HOUSEKEEPING INCLUDED; 4 NIGHT MINIMUM.
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace, (and private side porch) fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers and a large refreshing infinity edged pool. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool. These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere block from the gates of El Faro Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
So make your reservations now and travel to Playa and enjoy the privacy of a spacious beach condo that is not just another of the many all inclusive, luxury hotels, or Cancun resorts. Luna Encantada is prime Mexico beach real estate that is like an island in a sea of small town local charm. Ask about our travel deals, vacation packages, seasonal specials. Luna Encantada is vacation lodging at its finest. Please take a tour of our website with pictures ,maps, and other info about your trip to the Mayan Riviera, land of the ancient Maya.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $185 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? El Faro is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 10 and the beach, one block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS El FARO TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Playa have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF El FARO? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. There are several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN EL FARO ? Yes, just click on our Luna rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building. (We handle the rentals for 14 out of a total of 24 Luna condos).
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
The villa was lovely. The best spot on the beach. We had a wonder time. Thank you!
Recommended for: Age 55+, Adventure Seekers, Girls Getaway, Tourists without a Car, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway
My husband and I just got back from a week at Reef 101 and it was perfect. The condo was located right on the beach and steps from the pool. Loved being on the first floor and able to just step out the patio door to the beach or the pool. The condo itself was well maintained and comfortable (bed was too firm for our liking, but could just be our personal choice). The location to 5th was just what we wanted. This was our first visit to the area and the option to walk to everything was key. Just a block from 5th and was easy to walk to the more local restaurants on 10th or 15th. Highly recommend for anyone who loves the beach, a great pool, wonderful staff and great food and shopping just steps away.
The property was literally on the ocean with great views and so close that you were by the pool and beach in seconds. The interior was great too. Very nice kitchen, living room, bedrooms and bathrooms. There were 2 complaints that we had and one was a big one to me. The big one was that the hot tub they had on the balcony that my kids were so excited to sit in and enjoy the view and have fun as a family was broken and not even filled with water, so it probably was broken for a long time. Essentially 2/3 of the balcony became useless because of this. I feel like this should have definitely been told to us. Not when we show up. The second was that there were cockroaches in the space. We eventually just kept the lights on during our stay when we were out at night to keep them at bay. Would I go back? Yes. It did not ruin my vacation, but cockroaches are Mexico sometimes and we only say 6-10, but I would ask for discount based on the hot tub being broke for sure.
This condo was exactly as described online. The other reviews were accurate as well. We traveled over Spring Break with our 7 year old daughter. Area was fairly quiet for the time of year.
*Location, location, location...literally walk outside and you are three steps away from the pool and/or the ocean. It was absolutely amazing! The view from the condo is out of this world!
*The wrap around patio was gorgeous and well maintained. We spent a LOT of time outside first thing in the morning and late at night.
*5th avenue - perfect! Two blocks away, anything and everything you could ever want from a Mexican walk. There were also cabs right before you get to 5th avenue...very easy access for travel.
*The condo was well maintained. Housekeeping every two days was a bonus with new jugs of water and clean floors. Suggestion - schedule ahead of time the $15 to have housekeeping change out your sheets and towels. It was well worth it.
*Pool is huge! Our daughter was kept entertained with sand toys, surfboard, and noodles provided in the condo. Pool is also fairly quiet. Great place to have kids without a huge amount of adult partying.
*Security is a non-issue. The guards get to know you, look out for you, and ensure non-guests are kept off the property.
*Desk people are very polite and can answer most questions.
*"Best beach in Playa" is NOT an exaggeration.
*Master bedroom sliding glass door lock has not been fixed although we were told it had been.
*Noise level at the bar next door was not an issue, although you can hear the base until three and four o'clock in the morning. Our daughter slept right through it.
*Headboard in the master bedroom was a struggle while trying to sleep. It either needs to be tightened or replaced as we woke up constantly during the night because it would squeak every time someone moved in the bed. That being said, we didn't comment on this to the desk, so we recognize we didn't give anyone an opportunity to fix this. We also figure waking up allowed us to hear the bar next door, which we probably wouldn't have otherwise!
*Take advantage of the massages right outside the condo! Fabulous price and wonderful time!
*Rentals Your Way provided perfect transportation and delivered groceries prior to our arrival. Highly recommend!
*None of the above negatives would keep us from coming back! The views are fantastic and the location is second to none!
I stayed with family at this condo (101 Reef in El Faro) for about ten days over the holidays this year. I walked along the beach and looked at many other properties, and also walked around the El Faro complex - my conclusion was that this condo was the best property in Playa for the vacationer. The condo sits right on the beach, with a walled patio in front that overlooks the sand. The pool is right to the side, both ocean and pool a few steps away. Yet this condo feels remarkably private since it is at the front (oceanfront) of the U-shaped condo complex, so there are no units on either side. You can simply slide open the glass door and step out onto the beach, as if you were in a private isolated home. Unlike many areas of Playa, the beach right in front of El Faro is swimmable, without rocks. The sand is very nice, and the city or the complex keeps the seaweed off by cleaning the beach early every morning. Farther down the beach where this is not done, the seaweed lies in stinking heaps. The El Faro complex maintains many beach lounge chairs both on the expansive wooden deck (at the front of the U-shape) and on the sand, and a vigilant guard makes sure that only condo residents can use these chairs. There is a guard at all times, day and night, walking along the beach front of the complex as well as all along the rooms, and I felt that security was excellent.
Inside, the condo is a dream. Very clean and well-maintained, luxury fittings like new appliances, microwave, marble counter tops and modern bathrooms with rain showers. There are two bedrooms, each with private bathroom. The smaller room has a full sized bed, and is somewhat less nice because it has no window, but is fine. The larger room with king bed has lots of light and a very luxurious master bathroom with glass shower and tub. Both have separate AC and ceiling fans. Someone comes in daily to collect trash, and every other day to clean. There is an ample supply of filtered water, kept in huge jugs and exchanged into a dispensing unit in the kitchen. WalMart, with a full grocery and liquor section, is a 3 block walk away, and Starbucks is half a block away on the corner of Fifth Ave. Fifth Ave has all of the shops and restaurants one could possibly imagine, and is hopping at all hours. If you want the busy vibe of Playa, and still want to feel away from it all in luxury, this is the place.
When they say right on the beach they arent kidding... just open any of the sliders and your steps away from the pool,sand and surf. Was a little worried about the noise from all the people and beach bars but once the doors were closed not a sound.
Close proximity to all the shops of 5th avenue and the local food stores. As fun as 5th ave. can be with all the great shops and bars the locals can be a little pushy trying to get you into their shops.
The unit was great (just a few issues) and the staff was amazing. The one real negative was the amount of SEAWEED on the beach.
Would recommend this unit to anyone that asked...always something fun to do in Playa and that included having a 14 & 24 year old with us.
DO NOT HESITATE!!! BOOK THIS LOCATION!!!!
If you are like me and right this minute, you are trying to find the perfect location for your vacation, STOP, you have found it. I was so particular about my choices. I wanted RIGHT on the beach, (not beach view or ocean view), I wanted to step out onto my patio and hear the waves crashing (not just see them from a 20th floor room or a "gardenview" room), I wanted to be sooo close to the pool AND beach that I didn't have to pack a cooler for the day, I could just go back inside. THIS WONDERFUL CONDO HAS ALL OF THAT!
The staff is very nice and helpful. The security is ALL DAY people!! This uniformed security guard stands there all day and WILL NOT, let anyone come onto the property OR lay in one of the beach chairs, unless they have a writstband on.
We didn't rent a car because you can walk to everything. We just took a taxi to anywhere further than a mile or two. We had our airport shuttle stop off at a liquor store and then we walked to a Walmart for groceries. The taxi ride back was $5. You are even walking distance to the ferry that takes you to Cozumel, it's $13 each way.
Oh! The A/C was amazing and every sliding glass door has a privacy blind and in the bedrooms they have a second "block out" blind. If it wasn't for my internal clock, I would have slept til noon. There is a Starbucks that opens early.
We had a wonderful time!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2016 - Dec 19 2016
1 night minimum stay
Dec 20 2016 - Dec 26 2016
7 night minimum stay
New Year Week
Dec 27 2016 - Jan 2 2017
7 night minimum stay
Jan 3 2017 - Apr 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE FEES AND TAXES