|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: El Faro 101 is one of the premier 'end cap' oceanfront condos to be found on Playa's Main Beach with a Prime wrap-around corner ocean front terrace.
Offering the privacy of two private master suites with full baths, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a beautiful décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water. EVERY OTHER DAY HOUSEKEEPING INCLUDED; 4 NIGHT MINIMUM.
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace, (and private side porch) fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers and a large refreshing infinity edged pool. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool. These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere block from the gates of El Faro Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
So make your reservations now and travel to Playa and enjoy the privacy of a spacious beach condo that is not just another of the many all inclusive, luxury hotels, or Cancun resorts. Luna Encantada is prime Mexico beach real estate that is like an island in a sea of small town local charm. Ask about our travel deals, vacation packages, seasonal specials. Luna Encantada is vacation lodging at its finest. Please take a tour of our website with pictures ,maps, and other info about your trip to the Mayan Riviera, land of the ancient Maya.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $185 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? El Faro is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 10 and the beach, one block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS El FARO TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Playa have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF El FARO? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. There are several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN EL FARO ? Yes, just click on our Luna rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building. (We handle the rentals for 14 out of a total of 24 Luna condos).
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
The villa was lovely. The best spot on the beach. We had a wonder time. Thank you!
Recommended for: Age 55+, Adventure Seekers, Girls Getaway, Tourists without a Car, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway
Great trip and great accommodations. Only a few reasons why not 5 stars. At check in received only one door key. Asked for additional but they would only give one. That's a problem when you have multiple people staying in one condo. Front desk said to just come back to front desk and they would get someone to let you in, but the front desk is only staffed from 9am to 6pm. Internet WiFi only worked about half the time. Other than that it was a great stay.
We stayed here the week of Nov 14th 2016 and it was wonderful! It's exactly as you imagine and better. You are right on the beach so you wake in the morning to hearing the ocean. This unit is situated close to the pool so you have the best of both worlds. Only downfall was upon arrival 3 service people showed up to repair the TV and 2nd bedroom AC. They were able to quickly repair the TV but we didn't want any more visits during our stay so we didn't have AC in 2nd bedroom but it wasn't an issue. There was a ceiling fan and the kids were fine. Note to property management - do your repairs when the unit is vacant. To arrive and within 30 mins have 3 service people come wasn't the best first impression. But we'll be back!
My husband and I spent a week in El Faro, REEF 101 and while we enjoyed the location there were a few issues with the condo itself. We booked this condo months before we traveled so I did not see some of the more recent posts for El Faro until after we traveled.
The condo itself is exactly how it is described. The con with that is that it ends up being very dark because you keep the blinds closed a lot because it is right there on the beach and everyone can look inside. Beach goers can view inside and see you on the patio. At night it is even more visible without the blackout shades drawn. This was definitely a downside of the “right on the beach” aspect. Also, it is a public beach and one of the nicest places, therefor the most popular for everyone to sit out on the beach. Nice people watching, but definitely not private.
The hot tub was broken when we arrived and they were actively working on the hot tub while we were there. Upon arrival, they were literally jackhammering the tiles off, we immediate asked how long it was going to be. They did fill it the next day, and it didn’t work. Over the course of the next 3 days (Yes, 5 days of work total) we averaged 3-5 workers 8 hours a day. One day we were asked to keep our condo door open all day so the electrician could access the panel in the condo. By Wednesday of the week, I emailed the management company and said “enough”. Thursday and Friday of that week, they stopped work but began again Saturday before we headed out. I later read the reviews and it appears the hot tub had been broken for months prior to our visit, so I do feel that should have been disclosed prior to our arrival.
There were a few other issues, master tub did not work (seal was broken), lightbulbs were out in 2nd bath, TV in main room would lose sound every 10-15 minutes. We let the management company know this after we left simply because we did not want any more workers in the unit.
The music from the beach restaurant is an issue. We spoke with several couples who were further back in the complex and they did not hear it as loud. I believe that the music carries on the beach and you could hear the music loud and clear in the master bedroom until 4 am. In the 2nd bedroom it was more of a “thump, thump” until 4 am.
Location was excellent and we felt safe in the complex. The staff is kind, helpful and professional. I would recommend El Faro, but choose a different unit simply because of its specific location.
My husband and I just got back from a week at Reef 101 and it was perfect. The condo was located right on the beach and steps from the pool. Loved being on the first floor and able to just step out the patio door to the beach or the pool. The condo itself was well maintained and comfortable (bed was too firm for our liking, but could just be our personal choice). The location to 5th was just what we wanted. This was our first visit to the area and the option to walk to everything was key. Just a block from 5th and was easy to walk to the more local restaurants on 10th or 15th. Highly recommend for anyone who loves the beach, a great pool, wonderful staff and great food and shopping just steps away.
The property was literally on the ocean with great views and so close that you were by the pool and beach in seconds. The interior was great too. Very nice kitchen, living room, bedrooms and bathrooms. There were 2 complaints that we had and one was a big one to me. The big one was that the hot tub they had on the balcony that my kids were so excited to sit in and enjoy the view and have fun as a family was broken and not even filled with water, so it probably was broken for a long time. Essentially 2/3 of the balcony became useless because of this. I feel like this should have definitely been told to us. Not when we show up. The second was that there were cockroaches in the space. We eventually just kept the lights on during our stay when we were out at night to keep them at bay. Would I go back? Yes. It did not ruin my vacation, but cockroaches are Mexico sometimes and we only say 6-10, but I would ask for discount based on the hot tub being broke for sure.
This condo was exactly as described online. The other reviews were accurate as well. We traveled over Spring Break with our 7 year old daughter. Area was fairly quiet for the time of year.
*Location, location, location...literally walk outside and you are three steps away from the pool and/or the ocean. It was absolutely amazing! The view from the condo is out of this world!
*The wrap around patio was gorgeous and well maintained. We spent a LOT of time outside first thing in the morning and late at night.
*5th avenue - perfect! Two blocks away, anything and everything you could ever want from a Mexican walk. There were also cabs right before you get to 5th avenue...very easy access for travel.
*The condo was well maintained. Housekeeping every two days was a bonus with new jugs of water and clean floors. Suggestion - schedule ahead of time the $15 to have housekeeping change out your sheets and towels. It was well worth it.
*Pool is huge! Our daughter was kept entertained with sand toys, surfboard, and noodles provided in the condo. Pool is also fairly quiet. Great place to have kids without a huge amount of adult partying.
*Security is a non-issue. The guards get to know you, look out for you, and ensure non-guests are kept off the property.
*Desk people are very polite and can answer most questions.
*"Best beach in Playa" is NOT an exaggeration.
*Master bedroom sliding glass door lock has not been fixed although we were told it had been.
*Noise level at the bar next door was not an issue, although you can hear the base until three and four o'clock in the morning. Our daughter slept right through it.
*Headboard in the master bedroom was a struggle while trying to sleep. It either needs to be tightened or replaced as we woke up constantly during the night because it would squeak every time someone moved in the bed. That being said, we didn't comment on this to the desk, so we recognize we didn't give anyone an opportunity to fix this. We also figure waking up allowed us to hear the bar next door, which we probably wouldn't have otherwise!
*Take advantage of the massages right outside the condo! Fabulous price and wonderful time!
*Rentals Your Way provided perfect transportation and delivered groceries prior to our arrival. Highly recommend!
*None of the above negatives would keep us from coming back! The views are fantastic and the location is second to none!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 3 2017 - Apr 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
May 1 2017 - Dec 19 2017
3 night minimum stay
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE FEES AND TAXES