About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 2500 square feet (Sleeps 6 adults, 4 children)
This beautiful home (sleeps 6 adults and 4 children) is extremely close to the ocean and a Florida sugar sand beach which is often uninhabited except by wading birds, ghost crabs, osprey and snook. This property features direct beach access so you can walk right onto the beach and into the Gulf of Mexico located about 100 steps from our front door. North Captiva Island features some of the most secluded beaches in the continental United States. Many times of the year, your family may be the only ones on the beach.
North Captiva Island is only accessible by water taxi and there are no cars on the island. Transportation on the island is by golf cart which is provided with your rental, walking or bicycle. There are no paved roads, only sandy paths winding through tropical vegetation. It is truly a unique setting. Palm trees, gumbo limbo trees and beautiful flowers are everywhere.
Our favorite activities are fishing, shelling, swimming and exploring the beach and state land. There are a large number of wading birds, gopher tortoises, raccoons, brown pelicans, osprey, egrets, cormorants, bald eagles, ibis and sanderlings. There are two very nice swimming pools maintained by our island club a short walk or golf cart drive from our house. Kayaks and bicycles are also available at no charge through the island club. Tarpon, sea trout, red fish, snook, and snapper may be caught from the shore. Shelling is a daily activity on the island. North Captiva is often described as the shelling capital of North America.
Our house, Perfect Placement, is beautifully appointed and completely remodeled after hurricane Charlie. The kitchen is large and modern with Corian counters, new appliances and gulf views. The house is large enough that 2 families of four can stay comfortably. There are 2 bedrooms on the first floor: a master bedroom with a gulf view and a guest bedroom with a double bed. There are 2 full baths on the first floor. On the second floor there is a large bedroom with a private porch and an excellent gulf view which could serve as a second master bedroom. There is also a bunk bed room with 2 sets of bunk beds providing sleeping for 4. Both bedrooms share a hall bath.
Because the house is on the west shore of North Captiva we are often witness to stunning sunsets which can be observed from your bedroom or the back deck. Don't forget your camera to help capture some memories. If you are lucky you may see Dolphin playing in the surf, Tarpon showing past the first breakers and the legendary stoop of the brown pelican fishing. This has got to be one of the prettiest and most unusual places you will ever see.
Keywords: House, beachfront, family vacation
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
About Alicia Kahler
Our family includes Mark and Becky and our 7 grown children, 2 grandchildren, and 4 dogs (2 Airedales and 2 Shihtzus). We have 1 in Maine with her daughter, 1 in Philadelphia, 3 in Kansas City, 1 in Texas with his wife and son and 1 in California. Mark is a Family Practice physician in Kansas City and Becky is a homemaker who loves children, animals, jail ministry, and working with kids in the inner city. Alicia, our daughter-in-law, enjoys answering inquiries on VRBO/HomeAway and helps our guests plan and book their vacations to the island and our home.
Alicia Kahler purchased this House in 2001
Why Alicia Kahler chose Captiva
We love the island, the trees, flowers and the uncrowded beaches. We have had our best vacations here walking the beach, playing games, praying, reading and enjoying the wildlife.
What makes this House unique
This home is a 10 second walk to the beach from our front door. We have one of the few homes on the island which has direct beach access. Driving around the island in the golf cart observing island flora and fauna is unique to this place. We are members of the North Captiva Island Club and you will have access to all the amenities of the Club including 2 large swimming pools and a hot tub when you stay in our home. The beaches are the least crowded we have ever been on. The nighttime stars are spectacular and we have watched sea turtles digging a nest on the side of our house.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect Placement Indeed!
We had a wonderful week on the island and in Perfect Placement. The house is really well laid out for two families (with a "master-esq" bedroom on each level and a kid bedroom on each level), and we felt incredibly comfortable there. Having the beach just steps from the front door was also fantastic!
Perfect Placement was Perfect!
Our family of 7 (3 adults, 4 teenagers) thoroughly enjoyed our week-long Spring Break stay at Perfect Placement on North Captiva. We've stayed at South Seas a few times so this trip we opted for the remoteness of North Captiva. It feels like a Caribbean Island but you're still in Florida! We had perfect weather for beach and pool days, the house was very well-suited and the access to and from the island was very easy. Bedrooms were all very nice, beds were comfortable, lots of closet and dresser storage. Kitchen had everything we needed. We had the luxury of a family member do the grocery shopping for us so we brought all of our own provisions, although a grocery service is available. In my opinion, Perfect Placement is on the best part of the island - steps away from the best beach, easy access to nature park hiking path & not too far away from the pool/NCIC clubhouse. This end of the island feels a little newer, houses aren't so buried in vegetation like others on the north end or in the Safety Harbor area. Would definitely return again! Thank you!!
Very Nice Property
The only problem we had was a miscommunication with the ferry. They were very accommodating!.
Tropical Paradise without Leaving the Country
THE HOUSE REVIEW
- Good: Great rental! Pictures don’t do it justice which is always a pleasant surprised when renting. We had 2 families totally 8 and the place was more than big enough. The kitchen was well equipped and a few spices provided. Bedrooms and showers were a cross between a great home to a fancy hotel. Beds are comfortable with plenty of soft pillows. We ate breakfast every morning on the balcony, looking over the gulf as the sun rised. The house has a "triple reverse osmosis" water filter! Same filter process used by Coke & Pepsi for their bottled water. The house stayed surprisingly cold at 75 degrees considering the amount of windows. The location of the house is ideal compared to the other rental houses on the island. Couldn’t have picked a better house for the price!
- Bad: The yellow & bunk bedrooms face east so the sun is bright in the morning so bring an eye mask.
THE ISLAND REVIEW
- Good: The clubhouse staff experience was great. They unload everything out of your car and deliver it to the house! We only carried small personal items from the ferry to the house. Having no concrete roads and only golf carts, it gave you the small island feel. We didn’t go out to eat but did get ice cream almost every night. There are a few souvenir/convenience stores but try to plan your supplies like everyone else’s review suggestions. The equipment rental was easy and the only thing you need to provide is the house number.
- Bad: Many bumps on the sandy roads. Watch out for them so you don’t damage the golf cart.
- Beach: There are beach chairs and umbrella sunshades at the house. We brought our own beach canopy which I recommend highly. Being a barrier island, the water is rough so smaller kids won’t be able to swim. Wear water shoes because of the sea urchins and lots of shells. I was able to watch a sea turtle lay eggs! The locals walk the beach every morning to get the good shells, however, the beach has plenty of shells and driftwood to make walks worthwhile.
- Kayaking: Go to the end of the runway to be with the dolphins. Important note: rent during “high tide” and not “low tide”. High tide, the water comes in and you won’t have to fight the current.
- Nature Hike: There are 2 trails. The east walking trail, we didn’t have any luck seeing any wildlife. The west road trial, take the bikes on it and go to the southwest end of the island for more beaches and shell hunting.
Great house for a big family; clean and well-maintained.
Great location with easy beach access and great views. TV system a little strange with lack of some major channels. Very well-equipped kitchen and comfy beds.
We enjoyed a gorgeous week in paradise. From being footsteps to the beach, fishing, nightly sunsets, NCIC pool , Boats and Fun, ice cream at Barnacle's, we couldn't have asked for a better week. The accommodations had everything we needed. The screened in porch was great to play games and eat. The porches off the bedrooms gave us even more room to spread out. I hate to give such a great review as this may be booked the next time we want to rent this house. I also think this has one of the best beaches on the Island. Hope to be back next year.
2/3rds of the island is a state nature preserve. Excellent sunset views on the Gulf of Mexico.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly rates are based on 7 nights (2 guests). Nightly rates are based on 5 nights (2 guests). Please inquire for other number of nights. Please contact me via E-mail or phone for the best and most accurate rate for your dates.