|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
4 Bedrooms, including 2 Master Suites: 3 King Size beds, 1 Double Trundle Bed with a twin bed that slides out / 3 Bathrooms / Sleeps 8
Large driveway will accommodate up to four cars tandem, with additional street parking available
SPECIAL THINGS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
Casa Del Sol, appropriately named for its sunshine location, is in the highly desirable Vista Las Palmas neighborhood near downtown Palm Springs. This four-bedroom retreat includes two Master Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and features spectacular southwest views of Mt. San Jacinto by day and unobstructed views of the starry desert skies at night. The stunning residence features large glass doors which fully open for great indoor-outdoor flow, a very spacious backyard with a large pool and spa, a large in-ground fire feature which you can sit around with your family and friends, an outdoor dining area with a built-in barbecue, orange and lemon trees, a hammock, and rustic Mexican architecture with a blend of mid-century modern and Spanish / traditional furnishings.
COOK / EAT / LOUNGE INSIDE:
• The spacious and open living room, with vaulted ceilings, exposed wood beams and fireplace, is the perfect place to gather with family and friends
• 42” flat screen TV mounted above the fireplace in the living room
• Hardwood floors and eclectic décor
• Newly remodeled kitchen with stainless steel appliances, fully stocked with cooking and kitchen-ware to enable you to prepare a fabulous meal
• Breakfast room with views of the outdoors and direct access to the covered patio with outdoor cooking area and pool
• Formal dining room with glass doors that open to create an indoor-outdoor flow and provide direct access to the patio and pool area
• Comfortable furnishings allow you to sprawl out and truly relax and unwind. There is also a separate game room off the kitchen with mini-foosball and games
• Convenience of an indoor laundry room with full-size washer & dryer
COOK / EAT / SWIM AND RELAX OUTSIDE:
• There is a beautifully covered patio and outdoor cooking area with built-in Weber Barbecue, sink, and ice maker. Perfect for grilling and dining al fresco pool-side
• Outdoor dining table seats six
• Large 16x38 pool and 7x9 spill over spa
• Plenty of seating and chaise lounges to unwind and relax poolside or under the large canopy of shade trees
• Indulge poolside taking in the views from the raised 7x9 spill over spa surrounded by fruit and shade trees
• At night, star gazing is a must sitting around the fire pit
• Enjoy relaxing, napping or reading in a hammock while taking in the great views
• The backyard is spacious and enjoys plenty of sun
REST / PRIVATE TIME:
• Spacious Master Bedroom /Suite No. 1 includes a relaxing sitting area with 32” flat screen television, ensuite bathroom with dual vanities, sumptuous bedding & linens, and private patio to enjoy your quiet time
• The adjacent Master Bedroom / Suite No. 2 includes clerestory windows exposing the natural light and exterior landscape also with ensuite bathroom, luxurious bedding and linens, 32” television and private patio
• The two additional bedrooms at the opposite end of the home are comfortably appointed and feature 23” televisions, comfortable linens, charming rustic walls and high ceilings. The two bedrooms share a hallway bathroom.
Casa Del Sol is the ultimate vacation retreat to enjoy the coveted Palm Springs lifestyle. This home is comfortably furnished and is a perfect getaway for you, family & friends. Located a short stroll from the Riviera Hotel and other shops and restaurants, and just eight short blocks from the heart of the downtown strip on Palm Canyon Drive you, your family & friends will enjoy every moment of your stay and are sure to create cherished memories at Casa Del Sol!
Excellent property, and quick and friendly service when needed, to resolve a couple of minor issues. It was easy to take care of everything online! The amenities, location, property, and style were excellent!
Casa Del Sol offers everything you could want in a vacation rental—excellent location, complete amenities, comfort, style, and ease. The house has a gorgeous clean, modern feel. And every room is comfortable for living. The bed linens are premium, so sleeping was a joy. Probably my favorite feature of the house is the magnificent tree in the back yard, which provides shade throughout the day. It—along with the large pool—makes it comfortable to be outside at anytime of day. The kitchen is large, allowing multiple cooks to work together and it opens up to the back yard, easily making outdoor entertaining a breeze.
The location is also great—only a couple of blocks from Palm Springs' main drag, where you can find great shopping and restaurants. I didn't explore the hiking opportunities from the house, but my friends did and said that walking from the house to explore nature is easy.
I look forward to returning to Casa Del Sol as soon as Fall rolls around.
My husband and I give it a 5 star+ rating, so do all the kids who came! What a wonderful reunion I had with my greater family! Everyone one had their own luxurious bedroom and some us had our own bathroom. There is a comfortable luxurious elegance about the place. There is a spaciousness that allows everyone to do their own thing and everyone got along. Adults could relax and talk in one of the comfortable sitting areas, whether indoors or out, while the Kids could watch their favorite TV programs or do their computer games in one of the rooms. Some of us danced in the salt water pool while others sat in the Jacuzzi , while others played all kinds of pool games with the kids. The adults were able to make some gourmet meals in the kitchen, while we barbecued the kids favorite foods. At night we looked up at the stars and identified constellations. One night, we found a great restaurant Later, after we came home, we decided to walk 5 minutes to the hotel nearby and got some delicious ice cream. When we were leaving, the adults all felt we’d been on one the most relaxing spa vacations. Even the kids were in great spirits! We will certainly go back again and again.
Why share a pool at a hotel, when you and your family can have a lovely pool and spa all to yourselves? that was the feeling we got when we stayed here! Privacy, (including our own hammock under a yummy fig tree), was ours! A beautiful ficus tree gave a shaded area near the pool for those of us who wanted shade, while the sun bathers had plenty of sun! My brother barbecued dinner for us on the grill under the shaded patio. We sat enjoying the evening breezes around a comfortable dinner table. There are so many pleasant areas to gather in this house, yet the bedrooms give privacy. We walked down the street to a nearby hotel, and got date ice cream for desert. Yummy! Overall, 5 Stars! Will go back for sure!
The Paul Newman House! After years of renting homes in Palm Desert, we decided to make the switch to Palm Springs because the Strip is the hot new place! We selected Casa Del Sol because of the pool! The pictures are great; but in person, the pool is absolutely fabulous! No need to go anywhere else... You could spend your entire stay by the pool. The house is equally awesome, spacious, clean, modern amenities, beautifully decorated with a mid-century modern, Palm Springs feel! The home is decorated with the coolest art, including a large painting of Paul Newman. Another great feature is the location of the home. It is in a beautiful neighborhood within walking distance of the heart of the Palm Springs strip! We went with another family of 4 (total, 4 kids and 4 adults) and I will be returning with a group of girlfriends in a few months! I will never stay anywhere else!
WOW! This house is a WOW! We stayed at Casa del Sol in November. It's by far the best place we've stayed at in the Palm Springs area and we've stayed in quite a few over the past 4 years! It's in the Movie Star "Old Glam" area of town -West of Palm Canyon- and it's a perfect walk to town. The house is huge and very cool. It's a Spanish style with eclectic decor. The formal dining room is beautiful with a large table for entertaining. The dining room opens onto the outdoor patio. The kitchen is spacious with new appliances, and the living room is comfortable yet stylish with chandeliers and great lighting. There are 4 bedrooms all decorated tastefully and there are huge art pieces throughout the house. I was told the house was redone and it looks it! The backyard is fantastic! It's private yet spacious. Not only is there a tremendous pool, a jacuzzi and a fire pit at the jacuzzi edge, but there is a huge grassy area, lots of trees, and a large covered patio with a BBQ. Great for a large party. The house is near the mountains so the views are exceptional. I can't say enough!
5 Stars for this property !
Before I walked into the house, I was pleased to find the restaurants and shops on the main strip were walking distance away. This was a huge plus for me. The distance was great enough however to be away from any of the street or nightlife noise. Another plus.
Upon entering the house, I immediately noticed the attention to detail right away. There were beautiful fixtures, works of art, and above all else I felt the balance between new and old. I love that 'Palm Springs feel' to a house when I'm vacationing, the only downside is that sometimes you get old/musty carpet and furniture to accompany it.
At Casa Del Sol, they clearly upgraded the entire property leaving modern accents throughout. I felt like I was in a brand new home with a Palm Springs feel. Exactly what I wanted.
There was an ample amount of space, 4 bedrooms/3 baths, and an INCREDIBLE backyard that was just asking for full days of lounging about. So, that's what I did a lot of. I utilized the bbq, hammock, pool, and jacuzzi to the fullest. There's nothing wrong with feeling like a multi-millionaire property owner for a few days right??
Anyway, this is the spot for all of my future Palm Springs getaways. The price is very reasonable when you consider everything you get.
Today, Old Las Palmas is recognized as one of the premier locations in Palm Springs and many of the older estates & homes are being updated to enhance their unique properties. Some of the well known celebrities that have lived in Old Las Palmas include: Edgar Bergen, Liberace, Sidney Sheldon, George Hamilton, Mary Martin, Joseph Barbera, Donna Reed, Harold Mirisch, Alan Ladd, William Powell, Rona Barrett, Rudy Vallee, Harold Robbins, George Randolph Hearst, Sidney Korshak, Kirk Douglas, Kitty Carlisle, Jack Warner, Leo Spitz, Lily Tomlin and many others...
Other Activities: Snowboarding, health/beauty spa, miniature golf