|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Enjoy wine country living in our vineyard and experience the wine country lifestyle at it's source! World class vineyards and wineries, Bernardus, Julien, Heller Estate, Galante Family Winery and Georis, surround our Carmel Valley Vineyard. We are a licensed winery and produce Rombi, Carmel Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot both estate grown. Our first release was the 2006 vintage which was sold privately and thru selected fine restaurants. The 2006 vintage produced less than 100 cases and won a Silver award in the Los Angeles International Wine and Spirits Competition. We are currently selling the 2012 Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The property is spectacular and the second level cottage has views of our Carmel Valley Vineyard. The private deck offers stunning views of Julian Vineyards, Heller Estate and the Ventana Wilderness on the horizon.
The charming wood cottage is 800 square feet and features a private deck off the bedroom and living room, quality bed linens, a full kitchen with everything a gourmet chef will need, satellite TV, full movie and book library, high speed internet and your own washer and dryer. The decor highlights artwork by local artists. The living room features cozy comfortable furniture to relax in and enjoy the ambience. You will also have the use of the beautiful swimming pool (heated May through September), which overlooks the views of the local vineyards.
There is a cat Peanut on the property. He loves people but does not see many of them and he will leave you alone. He is an outdoor cat. We also have two vineyard puppies Bella and Ali.
The estate sits on its own ridge with fabulous views. The down side is it has very steep side hills and is not child friendly. We are sorry but this is an adult only property.
The cottage is peaceful, cozy and lets you experience living in the country on a working vineyard. It is close to great restaurants, shopping, golf and wine tasting. We are 45 minutes from the Monterey Peninsula Airport and Carmel By The Sea, and we are 25 minutes to the Carmel Valley Village.
All guests receive complimentary wine tasting at the Rombi Wine new tasting room in the Carmel Valley Village. Located at one Center Street just off Carmel Valley Road.
Keywords: Vineyard Cottage
Salvatore Rombi viticulturist, winemaker and Kathy Baker (official taster) were both born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula and Carmel Valley. We know the area intimately and enjoy sharing it and love all it has to offer. We began the process of developing the vineyard in 1994. The Winery was completed in 2007 and the first commercial release of the Rombi Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot was the 2006 vintage. The Merlot won a Silver in the Los Angeles Wine and Spirits Competition. The process has been challenging, exciting and rewarding. It is wonderful to see it come to life. In 2012 we opened the Rombi Wine Tasting Room in the Carmel Valley Village. It is open on Saturdays and Sundays noon to 5. Sal (winemaker) works the tasting room on the weekends. Sal owns Carmel Valley Realty Company and has been in the real estate business since 1972. He also is the vineyard manager and winemaker. Kathy was an executive with a radio broadcast group in California for over 25 years and now owns a marketing and consulting company. We have rented houses for years in Italy and France and understand the amenities and accruements we enjoy and will respect guest's privacy. The cottage is yours during your stay.
kathleen Baker purchased this house in 1985
Unique wine country living but close enough to everything the Monterey Peninsula has to offer.
Walk in the vineyard, hiking and taste world class wine! Quiet peaceful setting with all the modern conveniences you will need.
We spent Thanksgiving week in this fabulous home up above vineyards. The view is amazing, and the space is incredibly comfortable. Sal and Kathy are helpful, welcoming hosts. We hiked every morning before returning to read and relax every afternoon, before transitioning to food we cooked in the lovely kitchen, accompanied by fabulous wine. Sal's Rombi Cabernet was a particular favorite. We slept really well in the very comfortable bed. Everyone probably says they'll return, but we truly plan to make it happen!
A wonderful, quiet, and bucolic retreat where we spent time relaxing, watching the most amazing sunsets, and swimming in the lovely pool. Appointed with all you might need and plenty provisions in the kitchen ready for us. Highly recommended.
Just an amazing weekend at the cottage. Gorgeous views, grilling and a fire every night. And of course the wine is sensational! Sal and Kathy are amazing hosts! We hope to be back soon!
Absolutely beautiful views from every window. Loved sitting on our deck watching the sun go down with a glass of wine. Sal and Kathy were very nice and are there if you need them. If not, you feel as though you are on your own. Cooked in the first night. Sal invited us to use anything from the garden we might need so we took advantage and picked some beautiful peppers. We swam in the pool one morning and again we were assaulted with views that are just sigh-making. We were really able to slow down and relax by the end of the week-end. Look forward to visiting again.
How fantastic. This private little getaway sits snugly in the mountains atop Trampa Canyon, and offers splendid, scenic views of the valley below... I stayed there in the Summer, and enjoyed a panorama of lush green foliage that extended for miles in every direction. At night, the sky is a deep rich field of stars with a clear & distinct view of the Milky Way... probably the best that I've ever seen. As a bonus, I stayed with Sal & Kathy during the Perseid meteor showers, and WOW! The shooting stars were plentiful and stunning.
The cottage is open, friendly, and very comfortable. Overlooks the vinyard, and has an adjacent garden with vegetables for the taking. Refrigerator was generously stocked, bed was soft, shower was hot and the breeze coming off the mountains was cool. Complimentary internet and hardline phone in the cottage. It felt like home; I will definitely be back. Thanks Sal & Kathy for a great week!
The property has beautiful views of the surrounding hillsides and the vineyard. It is the ideal place for a romantic weekend - the stargazing is amazing! Sal and Kathy were the perfect hosts (as well as Bella and Ali). They made us feel both welcome and yet comfortably secluded. Sal's wine was delicious!
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• Café Rustica is a favorite in the Carmel Valley Village. Inside and outside dining with a nice menu.
• A new favorite addition to the Village is Roux. We have had great lunches there. Try the deviled eggs! I know it sounds strange but they are so good. Small plates are great!!! I would make reservations.
• Corkscrew Café for lunch or dinner in the Carmel Valley Village. One of our favorite lunch spots. It is on the right past Kasey's and the Chevron station as you are leaving the village. Outside Patio is a must. Open until 4pm for lunch. Georis Winery owns it and the tasting room is across the street. I love their Rose.
• Wills Fargo in the Carmel Valley Village. Been there for 50 years. Steak house with lots of Carmel Valley ambience. Good bar menu and outdoor seating.
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• Los Laureles Lodge for dinner. Good main menu and bar menu. Lots of Carmel Valley charm. On the right as you head to Carmel before you get to Bernardus.
• Bernardus Lodge has just opened a new restaurant called Lucia. It is really great! Try the $20 pizza. It is outstanding. Open for lunch and dinner but I would recommend reservations for lunch or dinner. It is really really good. You can sit outside for lunch or inside. For dinner sit in the really comfortable new white chairs. We have loved it each time we have gone . Just re-opened in April. The chef Cal who has been there for years has stayed in the cottage!
• There is a little place called Kathy’s Corner (no relation) that has really good Mexican food. Sometimes we get it to go because the place is really small. It is right on Carmel Valley Road in the village across from Wills Fargo Restaurant.
• You will receive Complimentary tastings at our tasting room. Your host and winemaker Salvatore Rombi works the tasting room on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 5. We are only open on these days.
• There are 21 Tasting rooms in the village and each one has their own unique specialty. It is always fun to taste wines made from individuals and not large corporations. Here are just some of our Carmel Valley Favorites!
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• All of these are in the Carmel Valley Village, We have a map in the cottage.
• Boekenoogan Wine Tasting Room, Great Pinot and Chardonnay. John Boekenoogan is at his tasting room most Saturdays. Great guy and wine! Nice people
• Georis Tasting Room, Walter Georis is an amazing talent. He owns some terrific restaurants and is a wonderful artist. And, he produces the best Rose. Try his Les Abeilles. Good wine and great packaging!
• Parsonage Tasting Room, Their Vineyard is just past the village. They produce some very good red wines.
• Joyce, nice people and good local wine.
• Mercy, they produce some nice whites
• Twisted Roots, see if he has any sparkling wine left. It was very good. His other wines are good as well.
• Cowgirl, not a big fan of the wines but fun tasting room.
• Chesbro, Good wines
• Heller and Joullian are what you see from your deck. They both produce some good wines
• Holman Tasting Room, Nice people. Say hi to Duncan! Owners of Holman Ranch and Wills Fargo Restaurant.
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Please e-mail or call us for availability.