2 bedroom accommodation in Doorn
- english, french, german, spanish, italian, dutch, czech, hungarian, romanian
Your holiday home is close to the center of the Netherlands, so everything is conveniently nearby.
You can start in the National Park "the Utrecht Heuvelrug (Ridge)" with a variety of landscapes and animals. The woods and rural estates are ideal for hikers, while there is even constructed a wheelchair path in the Kaapse Bossen at the St. Helena Hill near Doorn. At the reception of the park you can get information, directions and tips.
Many country houses and castles, protected villages and towns (Amerongen, Driebergen-Rijssenburg, Rhenen and Zeist), the countryseats and parks of the Lustwarande are worth visiting. The tobacco barns and sheep pens are quite interesting. It pays to go to the historic town of Wijk bij Duurstede or one of the castles in the area such as Kasteel Huis Doorn and Amerongen Castle.
Shopping can be done in Veenendaal, Amersfoort or Zeist. The enjoyable recreational area Henschotermeer is within cycling distance of the park. The Aviation Museum in Soesterberg and the Utrecht Cathedral Tower are worth a visit. A day with the kids to Ouwehand Zoo in Rhenen or the zoo in Amersfoort is an unforgettable experience.
Tips for culture lovers:
- Huis Doorn - Doorn (4 km). Museum.
- Museum Dorestad - Duurstede (7 km). Museum on this important former trading city.
- Cheese Museum "de Weistaar" - Maarsbergen (11 km).
- Mondriaanhuis - Amersfoort (18 km). Birthplace and pictures of the famous painter.
- Kade Kunsthal - Amersfoort 18 km. (Modern) Art, architecture, design & design.
- Military Aviation Museum - Soesterberg (20 km). On the former airbase Soesterberg.
- Dick Bruna house - Utrecht (28 km). Visit Miffy and many other creations in the Dick Bruna house.
- The Utrecht Domtoren - Utrecht (30 km). Climb the highest church tower in the Netherlands and enjoy the view over the city.
- Railway Museum - Utrecht (30 km). A beautiful museum with historic trains.
- Kasteel de Haar - Haarzuilens (38 km). The largest castle in the Netherlands with towers, moats, gates and drawbridges.
Fun rides for young and old:
- Pyramid of Austerlitz - Woudenberg (11 km). Amusement in a wooded area.
- SuperFun - Amersfoort (19 km). An active day with bowling, laser games, space golf, super jumping and an indoor playground.
- Zoo Amersfoort - Amersfoort (20 km). A day among the animals.
- Ouwehand Zoo - Rhenen (21 km). Adventure.
- Ballorig Wood - Houten (23 km). Inside and outside plenty of playground equipment.
- Glow Golf - Houten (28 km). Spectacularly lit indoor miniature golf course.
- KidZcity Utrecht - Utrecht (33 km). Indoor playground, packed with exciting and fun rides.
- Farmer Maze - Kamerink (40 km). Nicely getting lost near a playground and a petting zoo.
- Monkey Town Leerdam - Leerdam (45 km). Climbing as true apes, squash and disco bowling.
- Dolfinarium - Harderwijk (50 km). Watch dolphin shows and other aquatic animals.
- Wijk bij Duurstede (9 km). Deserves a look. See also Dorestad Museum and castles.
- Rhenen (16 km). Nice center and sites such as Cunerachurch and estate Prattenburg.
- Zeist (17 km). There is always something to do. In summer, shows and concerts in the Castle Garden Theatre.
- Amersfoort (18 km). Varied range of events, annual Jazz Festival and the Art Look route (3rd Sunday of the month).
- Veenendaal (20 km). Wander around and take a terrace.
- Utrecht (28 km). Great shopping, attractions, festivals, interesting exhibitions and lively markets.
For the nature lovers:
- Cape Forests - Doorn (3 km). The forest is to walk through different routes. There are also the Stone Table and by Serbian Kei.
- Bosbad Leersum - Leersum (5 km). Large outdoor pool, surrounded by forests.
- Recreatieplas Henschotermeer (9 km). Leisure lake with white sand beaches in the forests of the Utrecht Heuvelrug.
- Kromme Rijn (13 km). Canoe trips along this river to Utrecht or Wijk bij Duurstede. Maximum length of the route: 28 km.
- Manege Zeisterbos - Zeist (15 km). From there horse riding for rides of an hour.
- Out of Action - Amersfoort (19 km). Altitude Trail, laser gaming, kick biking and much more!
- Visitor's Centre "de Boswerf". Starting point for a walk or bike ride. Workshops, markets and shows.