About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Lodge, 5 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Sleeps 14
Whispering Pines Lodge is a peaceful mountain home that is ideal for a family getaway. The Lodge is a two-story home with breathtaking views of Wheeler Peak and Monte Verde Lake and it is located just 3 minutes south from downtown Angel Fire and the ski mountain.
Downstairs you will find:
1. Two bedrooms and two full baths. One of these bedrooms is the 'Bunk Room' that holds three bunk beds and a pool table. It is a great room for the kids! It has French doors that open up to the side yard where we often see deer munching on the grass. The other downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and attached full bath.
2. A large den with rock fireplace and game table perfect for puzzles or a serious game of Monopoly.
3. A large utility room with full washer and dryer.
Upstairs there are:
1. Three bedrooms and 2.5 baths. The baths were completely updated in October, 2014. The bedrooms feature queen beds and large closets with plenty of extra pillows and blankets. One the bedrooms has French doors that lead out to a private deck. This deck overlooks the side yard and mountain view.
2. The upstairs family room has a wall of windows that overlook Wheeler Peak and Monte Verde Lake. This room is the perfect place to go first thing in the morning while you are sipping your coffee and relaxing with family and friends. The view is magnificent and so peaceful.
3. A large kitchen with a full dishwasher, oven, stove, refrigerator and freezer. There is also a big kitchen table that seats 10.
4. A half bath is tucked in behind the dining area. There is also an extra set of stairs on the outside of the home that you can access from the dining area.
Keywords: Lodge, Cabin, Mountain Home
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 09, 2018
The Brutons and Kennemers purchased this home in the summer of 2000. We love it and enjoy being in Angel Fire several times a year.
Denise purchased this Lodge in 2000
Why Denise chose Angel Fire
We love the mountains and the outdoor activities available in Angel Fire, New Mexico. While in Angel Fire we often go fishing, hiking, skiing and shopping!! Our families also enjoy just hanging out at the Lodge and watching the humming birds, reading good books, and playing games.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
It is older home but layout was great for large group.We had ten adults, a teenager and 3 small children. We also rented the small cabin next door. Kitchen is well stocked and kids had a great time in bunk room with pool table. Upstairs den had a beautiful view of mountains and lake in the distance. Fire wood was provided so was able to sit by fire and enjoy the view. Close to Angel Fire ski area but unfortunately there was not much snow this year. We hiked one of the many trails. It was beautiful. Some had a great time night skiing but next day went to Sipapu to ski. Ate at local restaurant called ZEBS. Great food and beautiful Christmas decorations. I would recommend this property for a large group.
Awesome Place Great Stay
Spacious clean and convenient!
Fabulous family reunion!
We had a 5 sibling reunion with spouses and grown children and grandchildren. Lots of space, beautiful vistas, and having the 4 1/2 bathrooms sure came in handy!
Plentiful hot water
Well stocked kitchen for cookware, flatware and dishes.
The fire pit was wonderful with lots of wood
Linens and towels were plentiful
Well appointed. Bathrooms were lovely, furniture nice
Lots of comfortable seating
Loved the big dining table for eating and card playing!
There were families from Idaho, Colorado, Virginia and New Mexico. Everyone was very impressed.
And got some good aerobic exercise climbing stairs. No need for the gym.
Thanks for a great time!
Nice cabin, we have stayed in lodge multiple years, but the small cabin was perfect for just the two of us. VERY ACCOMMODATING owners, super friendly. Our only wish was that there was a grill, but it didn't bother us too much, just ate out more! LOL
Great family get away
The cabin was absolutely perfect for our family. All the kids were thrilled to death that they could all stay in one room together ,it was spaceios, plenty of bathrooms and close to the town ,golf course and close to fishing.We highly recommend this cabin to all familys. We will definitely come back again.
Large home, close to town
Large home, good for famines with children. The property is close to town which is nice.
It's a very dated home and needs some work, there was duct tape in the bathrooms keeping things intact.
There was not any extra dish soap, hand soap, trash bags or toilet paper. We had to make a unnecessary trip into town to get these items that are usually left in rental properties.
Might be a good idea to take pictures on arrival and departure, some of our deposit was held back as there was 'too much' laundry (even though they request you strip the beds) and stated there was a mess left which was definitely not the case.
Directions from the north: Turn onto Hwy 434 going South. Drive through the town. Drive past the Country Club/Golf Course (on the right). Drive past Monte Verde Lake (on the right). The house is about 1/2 mile beyond the lake on the left. There is a sign by the road that says: "Whispering Pines" Directions from the South: On Hwy 434: Before you get to town the house is on the right. Look for the sign that says: "Whispering Pines". If you have reached Monte Verde Lake, you have gone too far. There is a fire pit area beside the house that is perfect for sitting around and roasting marshmallows during the summer evenings.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
There is a cleaning fee of $175.00 for the house. If there is a back-to-back rental, there is an additional charge of $50 for cleaning.