|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Owner's Personal 3BD, 3BATH Mountain Contemporary Home
- Offered for Occasional Rent: Select Holidays, Special Events and/or when Owner takes vacation
- Ideal for 2 Couples OR
a Family w/ 2 Older Children
- Recently Updated/Remodeled throughout
- Not your typical 'tired & worn' rental property'.
- Designer Furnished for a Professional Couple with No children
- Not purchased or furnished with the intent of renting or for investment purposes
- Sleeps Up To 6 (Maximum) IF each person shares a bed
* 3 Beds Total (1 King and 2 Queens)
* Sofa does NOT make into a bed.
* NO Sleeping allowed on floors, balconies, or on top of sofa
(This isn't the type home to "pack-in" lots of people & kids)
* Note: The Living/Dining/Kitchen area is tight for 6 people
PRISTINE SETTING & SPECTACULAR VIEWS
- Located in the 'Sunny' area of Vail and on a Private homesite
- Surrounded by Mature Pines and Aspen Trees
(Not located in a noisy condo/townhouse complex with people coming & going at all
hours of the day & night.)
CLOSE-IN & CONVENIENT to VAIL, LIONSHEAD & BEAVER CREEK
- FREE Shuttle Bus & Covered Bus Shelter -- Just Steps From the House on a flat street
(To see distance, Click on Photos Icon in Navigation Bar above & Scroll to last three photo)
-- Save $25 DAILY Parking Fees during Ski Season!
(Parking is Free after 3pm)
The FREE Bus comes every 30 Minutes in the Winter; 40 Minutes in the Summer & Fall.
- Just a 3 Minute Bus Ride to 1st Bus Stop & High-Speed, Quad-Chair Lift & Ticket Office
- Ride 3 more Minutes to Lionshead with many shops, restaurants and Gondola to Mtn
- 6 more Minutes to Vail Village with Gondola, Ticket Office & lots more shops, restaurants
- The Bus will also take you to the Grocery & Liquor Stores on the N. side of I - 70; but it's
faster to drive.
IS PRIVACY IN YOUR BEDROOM IMPORTANT?
- Each of the 3 Bedrooms is Located on a Separate Level
- Master Suite with Fireplace enjoys the entire upper level to itself!
- All have Comfortable Beds, Pillows & high thread-count sheets & pillow cases, soft cozy
1. Romantic King-sized, Vaulted Master Suite enjoys the Entire Upper Level to itself. Highlights include
- Flatscreen TV - watch comfortably from bed
- Walk-in Closet w/ drawers and shelving
- Huge Window Views River and Mountains covers in Pines & Aspen Trees
- Ceiling Paddle Fan
Plus a Spacious Bath with
- Heated Tile Flooring
- 2-person Jacuzzi Jetted Tub;
- Separate Shower Stall with Clear-Glass European-style Door;
- Dual sinks in expansive Granite Vanity top with full length mirror above
- Elongated toilet bowl for comfort
2. Queen-sized Guest 'En-suite' on the Lower-Level (off Entry Foyer) w/ Private Bath: Tub/Shower Combination, toilet (WC) and vanity with granite countertop
- View of River through Two Walls of Glass - View is Great Even From Bed
- a Private Glass Door opens to Wrap-Around Deck & the River is just 30' beyond
- Built-in Wet Bar
- Mini Refrigerator
- Drip Coffee-Marker
3. Queen-size Guest Bedroom on the Main Level with
- Views of the Mountainside and Vail Valley beyond
- a 3/4 Bath located just outside the door w/ Slate Tile Vanity top & flooring; Separate
Shower Stall (No Tub) and elongated toilet bowl for added comfort
NOTE: this bathroom is typically used by others when watching TV in the Living Rm or
Eating at Breakfast Bar / Dining
LOTS OF WINDOWS; LOTS OF SUNSHINE -
- If you like a Light, Bright, Cheerful home you'll Love staying in the Sunny Part of Vail -
specifically, West Vail on the South side of Interstate 70
- Most homes in other areas of Vail are dark & dreary by 3PM when the sun begins going
down & it is blocked by the tall mountains.
OTHER ADVANTAGES OF THE HOMESITE
- Minimal Freeway Noise compared to homes located on mountain slopes Above I - 70
- The sounds of the river current in the backyard muffles road noise;
- Most every room in the house views the River (except the main level bedroom and master
Bath -- and they both view the Mountains and Vail Valley
MAIN LEVEL / MAIN LIVING AREA
- Vaulted Kitchen & Informal Dining plus Living Room All Flow Together for easy
- Hardwood Flooring; New Carpeting in ALL Bedrooms & NEW Paint throughout
- Lots of Glass including Two Enormous Trapezoid Windows w/ Breathtaking Views
The VAULTED KITCHEN features
- Center Island with Breakfast Bar and 3 Swivel Bar Stools
- Slab Granite Countertops with a Double-thick Chiseled Edge in rich gold & black tones
- Full Travertine-Tile Backsplash
- Two Pantry Closets stocked with
* choice of Cookware, Baking & Serving Dishes
* Baking Pans & Cookie Sheets; Skewers for Kabobs
* Blender, Food Processor,
* Slow-Cooker (Crock Pot)
* Most every Spice you'll want and Lots, Lots More.
- BOSCH Dishwasher (so quiet you don't know it's 'running'),
- NEW Side-by-Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel finish; Ice (Cubes & Crushed) & Water
Dispensers in front of the freezer door
- Self-Cleaning, Electric Jennaire Downdraft Range
- 1,000 Watt Microwave
- NEW 'Weber' Outdoor Gas BBQ Grill located on outdoor deck for Year Around Use
(there's a shovel just outside the door if you need to make a short path to the Gas Grill)
VAULTED INFORMAL DINING AREA
- Two Walls of Windows with Magnificent Views
- Table Seats Up To 6 (but more comfortable for 4)
COZY LIVING ROOM
- Seats 5 comfortably around Gas Log Fireplace & to watch TV or Movies
- Perfect for Conversation, Listening to a variety of Digital Music Channels or Bose "Wave"
From the Heated 1-Vehicle Heated Garage, step into the Slate-tiled Entry Foyer
- Guest Coat Closet w/ storage rack for shoes and hanging shelf for gloves, goggles &
- Brass Box by door has Slippers in various sizes.
* Please wear slipper to protect hardwood floors from gouges and scratches.
- Nearly-New Whirlpool 'Duet' Stacked, Full-Size Washer & Dryer behind Folding Closet Door
A PRIVATE GUEST En-SUITE is also located on the Entry Level
- Fabulous View of the Gore Creek River, even from BED
- Newly Updated Full Bath w/ Granite countertop, Tile Floor, faucets & light fixture
* a private commode (WC) and Tub/Shower combination in a private room
- Built-in Wet Bar w/ Granite Countertop and Sink plus
* Coffee Maker and Electric Hot Water Pot
- TV, DVD/VCR
- Two Walls of Windows with Lovely View of the
Gore Creek River -- even when laying in Bed
- a Glass Door opens to a large Wrap-Around Deck with Cafe' Table & two Chairs to enjoy
your morning coffee in the summer and fall.
- River is located just 30' from the Deck (Backyard is Not Fenced, making it unsafe for
young children under 12 yrs.old)
RENTER'S COMMENTS INCLUDE . . .
'We loved the open & airy floor plan and all the sunlight"
"Our two high school kids loved the privacy of having their bedrooms on separate levels."
" The Bus Stop was so Convenient, Easy to Use and FREE"
" Ideal Location -- close to everything we wanted to do in Vail, Lionshead, Beaver Creek."
" Everything was so well organized - the labels on kitchen cabinet door & drawers made it
so easy to find everything we needed"
* We loved having the Gore Creek River in the Backyard"
NOTE: Owner does NOT accept children under 12 years old due to safety issues:
1. the Icy-Cold River that runs along backyard is a Serious Safety Hazard for young kids
- the backyard is NOT Fenced
- If a child slips/falls into the ICY-COLD, SWIFT-MOVING River, there's little chance of
2. House is Not suitable for toddlers or anyone with knee problems due to 2 sets of stairs:
- One set of stairs from the Entry Level to Main Living Area;
- a 2nd set of stairs from Kitchen to the Master Suite located on the Upper Level
*Both staircases are "switchback style" w/landing at mid-point; Not a straight flight of steps
3. Guest Bedrooms are located on separate levels w/Master on Upper Level
- Kids can easily walk enter or exit the house & parents would not hear them!
4. Not Wheelchair accessible
5. Not suitable for anyone with Knee problems due to two staircases
- NOT a Party House
(A retired surgeon & wife, live in the adjoining side of the duplex. Tenants & their guests must respect our neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of their home.)
- No Smoking of Any Kind Allowed, including Marijuana which is illegal per Federal Law.
- No Pets of Any Kind Allowed
SUMMER-TIME OUTDOOR COOKING & ENTERTAINING
- A Full-View Glass Door Opens to a Large Wrap-Around Deck w/ Gas BBQ Grill & a Slab-
Granite Serving Counter.
- Patio Table (w/ Leaf) and Umbrella, Seats 6
* A great setting for BBQ's, watching Sunsets and enjoying the sight & sounds of the River.
Professional couple in early 60's, no children.
- He grew up on a farm in Michigan, She was raised in Minot, North Dakota. They met at an athletic club in Denver and have been married 27 years.
- His IT career included IBM, JD Edwards, Sun Microsystems, Cisco & Sungard.
-She retired after 35 years in the new homebuilding industry in Denver, CO working as a vp of sales, marketing and planning for a large-volume builder her last 15 years..
-His passion is snow skiing and he's enjoys being a part-time Ski instructor for Vail Resorts.
- In the Summer and Fall we hike and gather edible mushrooms; take walks and bike rides on the asphalt trail located just 50' from house; fish in the Gore Creek River located in the back yard; attend concerts; golf.
We start our mornings reading the Free Vail Daily newspaper by the fireplace or along the bank of the Gore Creek River - affectionately called 'Our little Beach'. Happy Hour is enjoyed most afternoons on the Beach during the summer & fall
- The SETTING and AMBIANCE on the Gore Creek River provides endless pleasure year 'round
- CLOSE-IN Location and Convenient to most Everything.
- SUNNY area of Vail (many other areas of Vail are dark because the mountains block the sunshine, especially as it descends in the afternoons)
- PRIVACY & Peaceful setting (Unlike homes located on the mountainsides, elevated above I - 70 where you hear a lot of Freeway noise).
- Only One neighbor (Not a noisy condo/townhouse complex with people coming and going at all hours of the day and night)
- Fishing, Sunbathing, Picnics & Happy Hours in our back yard along the Gore Creek River
- STEPS to the FREE SHUTTLE which Saves $25.00/day in Parking Fees
WHY WE LOVE VAIL . . There's nothing like it on Earth!
- The Best & Largest Ski Mountain in North America
- The magical SWISS AMBIANCE of the town of Vail (Vail Village reminds us of our favorite vacations in Austria, Bavaria Germany and Switzerland. )
- Wide choice of Excellent Restaurants, Bars and Shopping.
- A Wealth of Outdoor Activities and Events to chose from year around
- The Weather is usually Great, the Sun Shines most every day and there's very low humidity.
- Year-round line up of entertainment at the Ford Amphitheater in Vail and the Vilar Center in Beaver Creek - just a 15 minute drive from the house on I-70
- Just Steps to scenic asphalt Walking & Biking Trails
- 2 blocks (east) to the Event Center at Donavan Park.
- 1 Mile to Lionshead & the Gondola which takes us to the Top of Mountains.
- 2 1/2 miles to Vail Village with a New Gondola
- Continue 1/4 mile to Gerald Ford Outdoor Amphitheater & Betty Ford Alpine Gardens
- 4 miles East of the house is Vail Golf Course
- Numerous scenic Hiking Trails 5 - 30 minutes away
- Spectacular Fireworks Displays in nearby Avon and Vail during the 4th of July holiday.
- Magnificent Ambiance on the Gore Creek River
- Spectacular Views of the Mountain Slopes covered with pine trees and aspen trees and the beautiful Vail Valley beyond.
- Love the Privacy - All 3 Bedrooms & Baths are located on Separate Levels.
- The Master Suite is very spacious and occupies the entire upper level to itself!
- Both Guest bedrooms & baths are located below the master bedroom and on separate levels
- The house is situated on a Private homesite that's Surrounded by Tall Pine Trees & Aspens;
- Tiered Walls made of large Boulders and filled with Shrubs and Flowers expand the full length of two sides of the yard
- Two Wrap-around Decks overlooking Gore Creek River are perfect for outdoor entertaining and viewing the River and watching Sunsets while dining.
- Very Impressive Exterior and Interior Architectural Style.
- Innovative, light, bright and airy floor plan with Walls of Windows to capture the spectacular Views and bring in lots of Sunshine.
- Interior is tastefully decorated in a warm color scheme providing a cozy ambiance.
Open-style Kitchen, Informal Dining & Living Room w/ Fireplace all flow together which is perfect for socializing and ease of conversation.
- comfort in the winter
- don't need to scrape the snow & ice off the windshield;
- plus extra storage space in the garage
Full-size Washer/Dryer at entry level so
- we don't have to share with anyone or
- haul our laundry to the laundry mat located behind Safeway (grocery store) and Ace Hardware store.
Thank you for allowing us to stay in your beautiful home. Your pride of ownership and great taste in decor' make it a superior unit for adults to stay and enjoy there time in Vail. It worked exceptionally well for us.
We utilized the free bus service and found getting around was a piece of cake.
We would most definitely look up your home on VRBO for our next stay in Vail.
Our family really enjoyed our stay in Vail, the house was perfect. A short walk to the bus stop and we were on the slopes in ten minutes. Could not have found a better place to stay, the home was comfortable and very well appointed. We look forward to our next visit to Vail and would recommend this home to any of our friends.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
The description of this home is spot on. It is lovingly cared for, warm and cozy, wonderfully organized, conveniently located, private and quiet, up to date, modern and beautifully furnished.
Donna and Murray, thank you again for sharing your home with us. You were helpful not only before we arrived, but after we got there. We hope to see you again in the future!
Our family of four had a wonderful stay in this beautiful home. We had two additional family members for two nights and had plenty of room. Convenient to everything in and around Vail. Wonderful hiking out the front door, fishing in the backyard and the wonderful water sounds of the creek from inside and both decks. Inside, the house is furnished with everything and more that you could need, so well organized that you don't have to think much. Very thoughtfully put together and feels like the private, well cared for home that it is.
The owners were delightful to work with and should we return to Vail (hope we do) we would definitely want to stay here again!
Donna and Murray.....thank you for the experience :) We choose different ski areas each year (since we only go once each year) to experience the different slopes. Now that we've been to Vail, this is it! The "Hess Home" is simply perfect. Very comfortable, roomy with upscale features. Even down to the crockpot :) We spent Christmas there and brought our two teenage (big) boys and had lots of space to move around and never bump into each other. The free shuttle is very close .... a short walk across beautiful Gore Creek. The creek is lovely. I would love to see it in the spring. We rented our ski equipment at Charter which allowed the shuttle to be a breeze. This company held our equipment each night so all we had to do was wear street shoes to and from the house. The day I chose not to ski, I grabbed the shuttle to Lionshead to shop then took the shuttle back. So simple. And the shuttles run according to the schedules posted all over. I was thrilled to find Donovan Park very close to their house. I walked over and hiked around the park. All in all, a perfect Christmas. We highly recommend!!
My wife and I spent two delightful weeks here in August 2010. It is a truly a charming and enjoyable experience. The house is beautifully decorated and in a perfect location...15 paces from gorgeous Gore Creek, and only a 4-minute drive into Lionshead and Vail. We loved the spot!
The Owners were gracious and a delight to work with as we arranged our vacation. They provided practical suggestions on what to do and where to go, and made us feel welcomed in their home.
Over the two weeks, we hiked, biked, golfed and fished, had some great food at local restaurants, and enjoyed the spectacular views from the deck of the townhome. We very highly recommend this home.
The accomodations at this outstanding residence are so much more than the description! Beauty and luxury surrounded us inside as well as outside. A festival for our senses in the views inside and outside of this lovely property. Gore Creek providing the constant background for private picnics on the patio or above on the balcony, rushing river lulling us to sleep each night. Wonderful amenities in the fully equipped and marble accented kitchen, the peacefully accented bath with jetted tub. The multi-levels provided privacy and accomodations for a large group with creekside guest bedroom and bath on the lowest level, private second level bath and bedroom and master suite on the upper level. We enjoyed lunch a delectable European lunch at the Alpen Rose, guitarist entertainer in the lounge at theSonnenalp, the wildflowers in full bloom at the botanical garden at the Betty Ford Garden and many beautiful wanderings around town, along the miles of bike paths and trails,and hikes up on the mountain. Breakfast in Minturn at the cafe (only one that serves breakfast) was a tasty treat and a step back in time. The farmer's market and street fair there was a leisurely way to spend the Saturday morning. We were truly pampered, now delightful memories linger!!
Blue Ribbon Catch & Release Trout Fishing on the Gore Creek river in our backyard.
Just 50' to the Walking & Biking asphalt Trail to nearby Donavan Park; Cascade Village; Lionshead Village w/ lots of Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Library, Dobson Ice Arena & one of two Gondolas that provide access to Vail mountain to ski, snowboard, snow shoe, hike.
Continue 1/2 mile east to Vail Village and enjoy lots more shopping; art galleries & restaurants; The Gerald Ford Outdoor Amphitheater + the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens.
Then on to East Vail to Vail's premier 18-hole Golf Course.
Drive West on I-70 5 minutes to Eagle-Vail for Golfing &
another 5 minutes on to Avon that has the Vail Valley's BEST furniture, art & accessory Consignment Store called "NEST"
From Avon, go south 1 mile to Beaver Creek Resort with Outdoor Ice Skating Rink; an escalator ride up to the chair lift & ticket office for more World-Class Skiing; Upscale Shopping, Dining & Snow-Shoe & Hiking Trails.
To old town Minturn, drive West from the house 2 miles and Take the Minturn Exit. Drive a few more miles for White Water Rafting; casual, rustic restaurants & quaint little shops - Don't miss Holy Toledo clothing Consignment Store located in an old white church with red trim!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 19 2016 - Nov 30 2016
4 night minimum stay
Pre - CHRISTMAS
Dec 1 2016 - Dec 16 2016
4 night minimum stay
CHRISTMAS EVE WEEK HOLIDAY
Dec 17 2016 - Dec 23 2016
4 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
1. Guest must be a minimum of 30 years old and have no child(red) under 12 years old.
2. Acceptance of lease required within 5 calendar days of making reservation.
A. Guest must email a copy of valid Driver's license to Owner at time of acceptance of lease.
B. Each adult in Rental Party must show their valid driver's license prior to check-in.
3. Balance of Total Rent + 9.8% Tax + $79 NON-refundable Home Protection Plan OR a $700 Refundable Damage Deposit + $145 one-time house cleaning must be delivered to Owner a minimum of 30 days prior to Check-In Date or
minimum of 60 days prior if renting during any part of a Holiday or Event.
3. Owner prefers payment by e-check. If pay by Visa & MasterCard, Add 2.5% HomeAway's Transaction Fee.
A. If payment is by Electronic Bank Transfer, Add Fees that Bank charges Owner to receive an electronic bank transfer.
4. NO Smoking of Any Kind Allowed, including Marijuana as Marijuana in any form is Illegal per Federal Law
5. NO Pets or animals of any Kind Allowed
NOTE: Tenant may pay a Non-Refundable $79. for HomeAway's Damage Protection in lieu of a $700. Refundable Security/ Damage Deposit. Deposit is at Risk for Damage, Soiled Items, Misuse, Abuse, Negligence, Failure to Use For Intended Purpose, Missing Item(s), etc. per terms of the Rental Agreement.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% REFUND less a $100. Administrative Fee if cancelation notice is received by Owner a minimum of 30 Days prior to check-in date, OR 60 Days prior to a Holiday or Event, per terms of Rental Agreement.
If Cancellation Notice is received after Owner receives Full Payment, Owner retains Total Rent Payments received less any rent Owner collects for the same rental period IF Owner is able to Re-rent cancelled nights, less any offset for a lower rental rate and Owner's costs, if any plus a $100.00 Administrative Fee.
The actual nightly rent rate for a 3 or 4-day rental term may vary IF the rental term includes a weekend day(s)