About the property
- House3000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Den, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 10 adults + children)
• North end of the Black Butte Ranch property - easy access from either the front or back gates
• Located on the 7th fairway of the Big Meadow Golf course
• Just a few minutes from the main Lodge, new Lodge pool & Bistro, tennis courts, Big Meadow Clubhouse & Robert's Pub, the playground and the sports field
Large 3000 square foot home is well-stocked and maintained
• Generously-equipped kitchen with plenty of counter space, two new ovens, microwave, dishwasher and large refrigerator (extra refrigerator in laundry room downstairs)
• The dining bar, lodge table and game table provide sit-down eating space for 20 people
• Plenty of dishes, flatware and cookware
• Air conditioning
• Wood-burning fireplace (plenty of wood supplied!)
• 4+ bedrooms sleep 10 adults + children on comfortable mattresses with high quality pillows and linens
• 4 full baths AND vanities in three bedrooms; no waiting time; plenty of hot water; quality towels
• Three TV’s and many books, games and puzzles
• High efficiency washer/dryer
* No Pets / No Smoking
• Large second story wrap-around deck with tables, chairs, umbrellas and BBQ overlooking the 7th fairway and the backyard
• Two horseshoe pits
• 2-car spacious garage and plenty of additional parking on site
The Ranch offers lots to do for everyone:
• World-class golf
• Endless, well-maintained bike paths
• 4 swimming pools
• Dozens of tennis courts
• Fine dining
• Fishing (on property and nearby on Deschutes River)
Winter at Black Butte
Wintertime is also an extraordinary time to enjoy our home and nearby activities:
• Indoor pool and Jacuzzi at Recreation Complex
• Hoodoo ski resort just 12 minutes from our door
• Numerous sno-parks within 10 miles
• Acres of trails for snowmobiling or cross country skiing
• Fun sledding on Santiam Pass – 10 miles from door
• Sledding and cross-country skiing on the golf course right out the back door
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 4, 2018
About Joyce Towle
We are a family of 13 children who built this home as a place to get together after our mom died. We built it to accommodate large, extended family/groups like we are. Living space encourages great food, conversation and togetherness. Accommodates generation age groups very well!
Joyce Towle purchased this House in 1996
Why Joyce Towle chose Black Butte Ranch
We love the large lots, high quality, low key lifestyle of Black Butte Ranch over the busy-ness and congestion of other resorts. There's lots to do here for everyone in a beautiful, tranquil setting.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Amazing location, but room for improvement
This home is in a perfect location in the Black Butte Ranch, and is well furnished and very well kept. There were plenty of bathrooms and bedrooms for our group, and a large outdoor deck / backyard for hanging out and playing horseshoes.
Overall our group had a great stay and enjoyed the home, but there a few areas for improvement in terms of logistics and communication:
1) Max. guest count should be 8 adults. Although there are many beds, the bedroom layout was too tight to comfortably fit our larger group.
2) Extensive check out process. On the morning of departure, we were tasked to do laundry and driving all trash/recyclables to the maintenance center (no bins provided), in addition to standard clean up. We took great care but this was quite time consuming.
3) Insecure payments & mail-in paperwork. Once we booked the home on VRBO, I received paperwork in the mail which I had to fill out and return along with checks for payment. I would highly prefer to use VRBO's built-in features for efficiency, convenience, and payment security.
4) A few days after check out, I followed up with the host to inquire about returning the $500 security deposit check. I received a surprisingly rude email in response, accusing us of moving furniture and turning the TV at a different angle, and as a result threatened to lose at least some of the deposit to cover "additional staff time". The accusations weren't true, and the host ended up returning the full deposit a couple weeks later. However this left me with a pretty awful feeling - especially since this was untrue and we meticulously followed their instructions after check out.
We rented this house for my daughter's wedding at Black Butte Ranch. The area is beautiful and the house very nice and clean. We didn't have much time to hike, bike or use the pools (wedding activities) but plan to get back soon and enjoy all of that. Joyce was super helpful and quickly responded to all of my questions. Hope to rent this house again soon.
This works good for our group - second year we rented and the owner is really good to work with. Weather was perfect!
Beautiful, Light-filled Home
Our extended family loved this bright, beautiful home with its peaceful views of the trees outside. The kitchen was large and well-stocked and the family room was large and yet cozy too. Having a bathroom in each bedroom was absolutely wonderful! That's a rare find for vacation homes. We also appreciated the two dining tables, which we filled up completely at meals and could also use for puzzles and crafts. The house seems to be on the "outskirts" of Black Butte Ranch, so we enjoyed the extra quiet and the beautiful mountain view out the front door. Only suggestions would be a coat rack for the downstairs hallway (all our snow coats & gear needed a home!) and a little more lighting for the living room (it got dark early during our Christmas visit and we could have used a bit more light). Wonderful vacation getaway that will meet all your needs and exceed all your expectations. The owner is very helpful and quick to respond to all questions.
Terrific layout for our extended family.
The spacious, bright great room in this home made for easy family time with all age groups. Awesome kitchen with new appliances. LOVED the sink/vanity set ups in 3 bedrooms so the 4 bathrooms were not tied up. What a great idea!! Dad's loved the horseshoe pits in the yard. Fun watching the golfers go by. We WILL book this home again. Owner response to our questions was very quick.
Great time at Black Butte
Our group has been coming to Black Butte for 30 some years! This is the first time at this house, however, and it met our needs perfectly. The kitchen was well stocked and plenty of dishes, silverware and space for our group. The guys enjoyed the horse shoe pits, and we had lots of room for everyone at the table, plus using the small round table for the puzzles we all like to do while there. Had a nice easy walk around Fiddleneck and Bracken, and also not far to the lodge, meadow, Paulina Springs, etc. The owner was great to work with. This house will be on our list for next year!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Housecleaning upon your departure is included in the rate. No housekeeping during stay. Black Butte Ranch Guest Access Fees are charged to you separately when you register at the Welcome Center to enter the ranch. 2017-2018 Fees are $8 per night per person for those 7 years old and older.