House, 3 Bedrooms + Den, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-11)
About Vonda Rogers
My wife and I own the lake house with my best friend. I am from Cordele and grew up skiing on Lake Blackshear. We have enjoyed many trips to the lake house with family and friends. The sunset is like no other and I realize that every time I go. We are excited to share our love for this beautiful home and area with others.
Vonda Rogers purchased this House in 2009
Why Vonda Rogers chose Cordele
Two hour interstate drive from Atlanta or Hartsfield International Airport. Two great golf courses within 10 minute drive (one is a 3 minute drive). Three great restaurants nearby (no small feat for a small town) Beautiful sunset views
What makes this House unique
Breathtaking big water sunsets through the Cypress Trees. Sandy beach. Well decorated home with high end amenities Large pool completely remodeled with huge deck overlooking lake. Grill shed with charcoal grill. Massive custom fireplace. Kitchen with Viking appliances and stainless steel fridge and dishwasher.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Beautiful view! A little overpriced for lack of upkeep.
The view and location was beautiful! We enjoyed lounging and playing in the pool overlooking the lake! The house is very spacious and has potential to be very very nice. However, it seemed as though just the bare minimum had been done to keep the house up, over a long period of time. The house was mostly clean, but there were broken chairs and lightbulbs blown. The grass was overgrown, weeds overtook the flowerbeds, and the pool had lots of pine straw and bugs floating around that needed to be cleaned up. The gas tank, which powers the kitchen appliances and water heater, was empty upon our arrival. But the owner communicated well with us and got it filled the following day. Overall, we enjoyed our stay but think the price is not indicative of the overall condition of the house and property.
Great Family Vacation
This house was perfect for our family vacation. We loved the large wood table to gather around for meals. The sitting room overlooking the pool and lake was awesome as well as the screened in porch. The pool was enjoyed by all and the weather was great all week!! My husband brought his boat and the marina is so close it only took a few minutes to get to the house. The only thing we want to add is that we weren’t able to get the gas oven to work so had to cook our meals in the convection oven. We just decided to be flexible and changed some of our meals. We had a great week and hated to leave!!
It was just okay. Pics can be deceiving.
The house and property itself are beautiful, but definitely needs some updates and LOTS of TLC. We had our annual family vacation here so we didn’t let things with the house ruin it. Lets start by saying the Pool guy is a joke. My father in law did a much better job, but he spent a lot of time tending to the pool so his family could have fun. Oven didn’t work. Was promised someone would come, they never showed. Then was told I could be reimbursed a little on price due to the oven, never happened! It’s not fair that we had bought tons of groceries and then couldn’t even cook some of it due to the oven not working. The house smelt horrible of gas at times and I informed owner when I let her know of the oven issues. The house is for sale, so during our stay the real estate lady came in with electrician to look at things. Not to big of a deal but heads up would have been nice. Overall my family enjoyed it because we made the negatives into positives, but when you pay as much money as we did for 3 nights and don’t get what your promised, it’s frustrating!!
Enjoyed our stay!
This home has plenty of room for everyone. The kitchen was well stocked with items. The pool was awesome and our dog really enjoyed playing in the lake.
Had a great time and family enjoyed it alot...thank you for allowing us to stay in your rental home..
TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED AND UNFIT
◦ Railing on left by kitchen is loose.
◦ Chair at high table in sunroom facing lake is loose. Could not sit in it.
◦ Chairs by pool are dry rotted.
◦ Pool was very dirty. Kids could not use it.
◦ Boat slips did not work. Uneasy leaving boats in water. Belts on boat lifts were rotted.
◦ Yards were a total mess.
◦ Shower in downstairs backs up. Could not use.
◦ Half lights would not work.
◦ Could not get TV’s in bedroom to work.
◦ Shower curtain rod in bathroom to bedroom on main floor to right of stairs would not stay up. Was down when we arrived.
◦ Downstairs bathroom shower would overflow when taking shower. Took hour for water to drain. You were standing in water while trying to bathe.
◦ There was an extension cord that ran across room that the TV was plugged into which several tripped over.
◦ Husband stepped in hole at end of dock and big root jutted up and tripped and turned his knee which is now swollen and probably need to see doctor.
◦ Banana tree growing up between boards on deck.
◦ Worse place we have ever rented.
◦ Only one queen bed downstairs. Sofa nor love seat did not make beds.
◦ Oven door would not close completely. It fell open twice while we were trying to cook.
◦ Place is not suitable to even rent. Totally unsafe. Not fit to be on market.
◦ Will never rent this place again.
Really feel my money should be reimbursed. It was a miserable stay. Family hated it.
The renter never contacted me during the entire stay to address anything or contacted me after with any complaints or requesting reimbursement.
Conveniently located 2 hours south of Hartsfield-Jackson International airport.