|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This property is in a fantastic area close to the west entrance of the National Park. Seriously... the drive is 12 minutes from the door to the West Entrance of the park, a lot of places claim this but really aren't that close. The house originated as a 50's homestead cabin and has been remodeled by the Palm Springs Architectural firm O2 Architecture. It is a very special space with great architectural details.
The house is spacious with a great flow, yet very cozy. There is a lot of glass with incredible views in every direction. The house is on 5 acres loaded with natural flora and fauna. You don't have to leave the property to feel like you've gotten away from everything. Feel the desert, drink in the night sky, cook a killer meal and enjoy you're stay!
Keywords: Rental Cabin, Joshua Tree, vacation rental, modern, quite, cozy, private, national park, desert, rock climbing, wildlife, music, retreat, peaceful
We are completely enamored by this part of the California desert. We enjoy Joshua Tree year round and are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to come here as often as we do. We hope you come out and get your desert fix.
The Owner purchased this house in 2002
We simply love the area.
Views, relaxation, solitude, hiking, star gazing, pure fun.
- Aesthetic of the house was fantastic, enough to overlook the cons
- House is actually a lot larger than it appears in the photos, kitchen is very spacious, living room can fit two full size air mattresses comfortably
- Outdoor campfire (not shown in the photos) was great, we brought our own firewood as instructed
- Access into the house was simple and pretty clear
- Record Player - was broken so we were not able to play the records
- Master Bath shower - leaks and floods a LOT, we had the use the extra bath towels in the linen closet to soak up the water each time after we shower, water even floods on to the carpet in the room
- Master Bath - if you are conservation and have multiple people staying at the house, this is not a good place for you. The bathroom is completely see through and you can see someone nude in the daylight and at night as the bathroom glass doors are by the front entrance to the home
- Amenities - no hand soap in kitchen or guest bath, no dish soap in kitchen
My friends and I had an amazing weekend at this house. The style of this house was super cool, while also being incredibly comfortable. The tub is AMAZING. It was so close to town and the park. After hiking in the park it was so nice to come back to the house and enjoy the outdoor space there as well. Great kitchen with everything you could need to cook awesome meals. I would definitely stay at this home again!
We really enjoyed our stay. The location is wonderful for exploring Joshua Tree national park as it is about halfway between town and the park, but it is also a wonderful place to hang out. The house is on five acres in the JT highlands, accessible from dirt roads (bumpy but easy and fun to drive on). When we were there a lot of the plants were in bloom and we saw lots of jackrabbits, quail, doves and other wildlife every day.
As other reviewers have noted, the property and house are not pristine, but we didn't mind and had no problems. Everything was clean, comfortable and just quirky enough to be really fun, although it was disappointing that the stereo was out for repair as the record collection looked amazing but we couldn't listen to it.
The master bedroom was great. The second bedroom would probably be best for older kids as it was pretty far away from the master bedroom and the bed is basically a futon. The kitchen was well stocked (there were even sharp knives!), and the outdoor grill was handy (although we ran out of propane after only 1 use). It was too windy to use the outdoor fire pit and too warm to take advantage of the indoor fireplace, but both looked great.
When I booked the place, I was really focused on proximity to JT national park, but I was surprised how much we enjoyed coming back to the house in the afternoons after a full day of hiking and climbing. The shaded outdoor eating area was perfect for an afternoon cocktail and snack while appreciating the beauty of Joshua Tree.
Did not want to leave! This home was so welcoming, clean and comfortable, as well as beautifully decorated and equipped. The hillside views were spectacular. We enjoyed lingering over our breakfast and watching the morning rituals of the local jack rabbits and quail. The patios enhanced each meal and the cozy campfires were perfect endings to our day. (Thanks for the wood bundles!)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay