About the property
- Townhome1600 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom, Sleeps 10
Why stay at a Hotel, when your entire family can stay in the center of the District of Columbia, only blocks from the National Air & Space Museum in the DC waterfront area for Much less! Absolutely wonderful describes this house, a spacious Three-bedroom, 2 full + 1 half baths, 2-level town home located in Waterfront/SW, Washington DC’s beautiful marina district. Just walking minutes from L'Enfant Plaza mall, metro, Smithsonian, museums, and the Mall, this home is close to I-395 going to Virginia and Maryland. Walk to the Cherry Blossoms, the fireworks on the Mall, and the WWII & Vietnam memorials. Boasting a fabulous location, the Smithsonian Vacation House is on a quiet cul-de-sac with off-street parking, yet it is in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Don't delay, book today! We look forward to servicing you.
This lovely Capitol Hill property offers the option of 2 levels featuring 3 Bedrooms with 2 1/2 Bathrooms or 3 levels featuring 4 Bedrooms with 3 1/2 Bathrooms to accommodate up to 14 guests! Contact us today for details!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
About Wavely Veney
Home owner and caretaker to all! I love to please and I'm a believer in quality over quantity.
Wavely Veney purchased this Townhome in 1999
Why Wavely Veney chose Southwest Waterfront
I learned about this property a few years ago from a friend and fell in love with the vision to restore this property to its original beauty. Such an exquisite area deserves a beautiful home!
What makes this Townhome unique
The Smithsonian Vacation House is centrally located within walking distance to the Mall and the Monument.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 9:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Close to it all
House is clean and comfortable, window a/c units kept everyone cool and comfortable. Safeway store is conveniently within walking distance, so its the Metro station and Nationals Ball Park. Any issues were fast resolved with a simple text to Homeowner. This will be our only choice to stay next time we visit DC, and we will visit since there are still multiple museums and attractions we didn't get to visit.
We look forward to hosting you again!! We pursue perfection and strive to create a unique experience at The Smithsonian Vacation House.
Perfect vacation! We spent the week with another family. There was plenty of room for all. The owner was quick to respond to any issues and questions we had. I would recommend this rental. Everything was in walking distance. The neighborhood felt safe. We had 2 cars so one was in the assigned spot and we got a pass for the 2nd car. It worked out perfectly - just remember to check the street signs to move your car on the day of street cleaning for that side of the road. Even that was not a hassle - we went to the zoo and by the time we were back we got a great spot. Thanks for a great week!
Great Location near the Mall!
First let's start with the GREAT:
- Great, great great location near the Mall, only a 10 minute walk from museums
- Great location next to a school with playground for families
- Great quiet neighborhood just a 10 minute walk from the newly-developed Wharf with it's nice walk-ways, dock's, and restaurants.
- Fun small game room and family room for kids to play in
- Nicely updated bathrooms and kitchen
- Fun/unique dining room (looked a bit like a castle throne room to me!)
- Very responsive and gracious host, Wavely. Very accommodating and understanding.
- Great to have a dedicated parking spot in DC. This is super helpful for out-of-town travelers.
- Appliances and heat worked as expected (the microwave is very powerful, watch out!)
- Home is not one of those built-exclusively-for-the-Rental-Vacation-crowd types of places. It's mostly a normal row-house in DC with normal features. Unfortunately, this meant that our shower leaked. The good news is that a repairman was able to come same-day and fix it.
- Though promised early check-in, the place wasn't ready in time, in part due to a snow storm that hit DC that morning. Obviously Wavely and the cleaning staff cannot control the weather or traffic patterns, and though it was an inconvenience in the moment for our 1 yr old and naps, Wavely was very gracious and accommodating to us and I appreciated his effort to try and make things right.
Things to Improve Upon:
- The place advertised an optional/additional 3rd floor for extra room. We solicited and paid for this 3rd floor, but upon entering the home during our first day of our stay, we couldn't find it! Turns out it had been closed off weeks before and was not usable but Wavely had forgotten that we had paid to use it and failed to inform us about this. This was an inconvenience to us as we had specifically chosen this house over others for it's extra bedroom and bathroom to enable our party to all stay in one location. Despite the difficult situation, Wavely was gracious and understanding of our frustration in the situation and acknowledged his fault and took steps to accommodated us with refunds/discounts. I hope the listing for the house gets updated to avoid future issues.
Nice DC Rowhouse
Perefect for our trip with our kids and their friends for the March for Our Lives March. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have a set of twin beds. House is equipped with everything you need, including an off street parking space. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Close to everything. Walk to monuments or take a $5 Uber. Host was very accessible and responsive, although there were no problems at all. We just wanted dinner recommendations. Very nice stay. Will be back.
Great location and comfy beds.
Great location!! Easy to get to restaurants, museums, etc. Lots of space for our party of 6 adults. Wavely was super helpful when we had a plumbing issue dueing our stay. The only problem we had was parking... I would highly recommend this house if you only have one car, as Wavely has a space right behind the unit. However, our group had 3 different vehicles and things got a little tricky.
The location was excellent!
The location was excellent! We were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see, and everything we needed (i.e. Safeway and CVS stores). The three bedrooms were very comfortable for the 6 of us. All items necessary for daily living were provided. We would recommend this property to any group that wishes to tour Washington, D.C., and we took our host's recommendation and walked the neighborhood upon our arrival and felt at home and comfortable there. When we return, we will try to reserve this home again. We would give it 4.5 on the scale of 5.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
275 The Following Holidays are observed and specials rates are applicableThanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial, Cherry Blossom, 4th July, Memorial, Presidents, Veterans, MLK Come experience our beautiful Nation's Capital from a luxurious perspective! Enjoy the upcoming holidays in comfort and style. We are offering a special discounted weekly rate of $1600 for the entire month of December! Take advant