Like & follow Hanley Lake Hideaway on facebook & take $10/night off future pop-up specials! Plan ahead for Indian Summer and fall colors.
Paddle off in our single and double kayaks or canoe, one of our new stand-up paddle boards or your own boat, on a placid 75-mile-long chain of lakes and paddle past kingfishers and great blue heron, turtles nestling in the tall grasses, and weeping willows along the shore. Then roast s'mores at the fire pit under a sky full of stars. Or just nap on one of your private decks or in one of the hammocks.
Inside, settle in with your complimentary bottle of up-north wine or a homemade cappuccino. Gaze out through walls of windows overlooking a tranquil lake and the woods beyond. It's country living with modern comforts: 50-inch smart TV with cable, WIFI, a PS3, many dozens of CDs, DVDs, books and games, a fully-stocked kitchen and more.
Get cozy in freshly laundered robes and lounging-around socks (for kids AND adults) in our comfortable year-round cottage. Nothing to do but relax.
Heading out? You're centrally located between a handful of quintessential up north "cities" and sweet towns. You're close to Michigan's largest water park, wineries, galleries, antiques and the renowned Short's Brewery.
Drive 10 minutes to Grand Traverse Bay, where you can wander the beach and swim (soon!), or (come winter-again!) climb frozen waves and cross-country ski on groomed trails.
Tucked into a glacial valley and nestled in the hills of northwest Michigan, the village is located on a 75-mile chain of beautiful lakes. We're halfway between the Equator and the North Pole on the 45th Parallel. Minutes away, visit Bellaire's restaurants, cafes, or Schuss Mountain's championship golf courses and ski slopes. Dine at a gourmet restaurant a few miles north of us or at dozens of lovely small-town cafes.
It's a 2-minute drive or 15-minute walk to Central Lake, a sleepy, peaceful village with a handful of charming shops, a pub and several restaurants. And it's an easy drive to Charlevoix, Petoskey, Traverse City, and Gaylord, and the sweet towns of Elk Rapids and Alden. (We have a 40+-page welcome letter with details about the area.)
And about your cottage...
In the master bedroom, enjoy a queen bed with an antique headboard and a luxurious mattress topper while looking out at the lake through sliding glass doors. In the second bedroom: two solid wood twin over full bunk beds. Enjoy our completely updated bathroom.
Eat out or cook in with our fully outfitted kitchen-- with gadgets ranging from an espresso machine, Kitchen Aid mixer and electric pancake griddle to fresh herbs and tomatoes growing outside the front door summer through fall.
Here's a quick tour. Fully remodeled in 2007 with yearly updates since, the light-filled single-level open-plan design includes a:
• Master Bedroom: Queen bed with a luxurious mattress topper, where you can look out sliding glass doors leading to a private deck and the lake beyond; ceiling fan and window a.c. unit; TV and DVD player, and a comfy chair. Linens included.
• Second Bedroom: Two sets of bunk beds each with a double and single bed; DVD player, flat screen TV and cable, toys and children's books.
• Living Room: Three sets of sliding glass doors stretching across the lakefront wall. They lead to a deck w/a gas grill, picnic table, and a glorious view of the lake a few dozen steps away; two full couch/sofabeds and an overstuffed chair; ceiling fan and air conditioning unit (for summer, of course); 50' flat screen, high-def TV, DVD player, stereo, a large collection of movies, music, books, toys and games.
• Dining Room: Sliding glass doors; queen couch/futon; dining table(s); ceiling fan and a library.
• Kitchen: Open to the living and dining rooms with a lake view and a breakfast bar with seating. Fully equipped and well stocked
• One and a half bathrooms: ceramic tile floor; shower/tub & double sinks in primary bath, completely remodeled in December 2013, and a second small bathroom. We supply towels.
• Garage: for storing bikes, fishing rods, snowmobiles (plus a few adult and child-sized bikes you can use at your own risk).
You're located on a country road less than a mile from the village of Central Lake. Our neighbors are a mixture of vacationers and year-round residents and have been rarely heard or seen. You're down a curving driveway from the village road so the "traffic" you notice will be occasional passing cars plus the occasional passing fishing boats (ice fishing in winter!) or, weather permitting, passing pontoons.
Come on up to what our son lovingly named 'Our Hanley Lake Hideaway' and a repeat guest calls 'Our Little Slice of Heaven!'
Keywords: Family-friendly cottage; pet-friendly retreat, dogs welcome; secluded lakefront all-season cottage; year-round vacation home; sunny guest home, country house with walls of windows, Hanley Lake Hideaway; up north cabin; northern Michigan retreat; private lake; boats; kayaks and canoe; dock; private decks; birding; morels; skiing; fall colors.