|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Beautiful Cabin on Hiawassee River with mountain views. Tubing & fishing in trout stocked river in your back yard, game room including Foosball and X-box, 3 HDTVs (55 inch, 47 inch, and 27 inch). There is even a swimming pool, fire pits, picnic area and hiking all available on the property! Also, you are only 5 minutes from lake activities including a beach, 20 minutes from Helen, 10 minutes from Brasstown Bald (highest point in GA). Numerous waterfalls and hiking nearby.
The cabin is perfect size for a family vacation. Located close to both Helen and the town of Hiawasssee. Plenty of activities to do in the area and cabin is very well maintained.
We celebrated our family Christmas in the Hiawassee cabin. We enjoyed relaxing and playing games in front of the fireplace. The cabin had plenty of room and was very comfortable for six adults. The kitchen was well-equipped for meal preparation. We would definitely look at renting this cabin again.
We recently moved from New York and were looking for new weekend destinations a reasonable driving distance from Atlanta. This was the perfect location, in the mountains, close to Helen and so much to do. The cabin was perfect and had everything we needed. The kids were able to fish and have their smores at the firepit. We really enjoyed the weekend and accommodations. The owner is great to work with and was even kind enough to send us the clothes we forgot in the dryer. Highly recommend.
This is the 4th time we've stayed at one of the cabins in this little neighborhood, but the first time at this particular cabin. This cabin was well appointed and was well-enjoyed by everyone in our party. We had eight of our family with us on this stay (two of which were small children) and there was plenty of room for all of us and it never felt cramped or uncomfortable. We thought the cabin was well stocked with dishes, utensils and cookware. Having a full laundry room is also a great plus; we packed very light, bringing only a couple of days of clothes and washing as we needed. The weather was just cool enough for us to use the gas fireplace a couple of nights. It doesn't get any easier than pushing a button on the wall and having the fireplace start itself, and then shut itself off after an hour.. All of the appliances looked to be nearly new and worked exactly as they should. Additionally, everything was clean and orderly when we arrived.
The views out the back of the cabin are spectacular; the hills/mountains and the little stream running out back. The fire-pits down at the stream are where we spent just about every night of the week we were there. The front view is of course of the other cabins in the neighborhood. But since we've been here before we were aware of this and was not a problem for us. The location is ideal for us and our interests. You're only minutes away from Hiawassee, less than a half-hour from Helen, and just about an hour from some other locations we've gotten attached to in our stays here (Dillard, Highlands, various waterfalls, etc). We even found two new waterfalls we'd never visited before by using the reference map on the living-room wall.
All in all, everything was as great as could be expected and we had a wonderful time here... we definitely look forward to coming back the same time next year to the same cabin!
Our family enjoyed our stay beyond words. The cabin was immaculate and well staffed with linens, soaps, extras like tooth brushes ,etc. Kitchen is very nice, it does not have a dishwasher, but we did paper products as it is VACATION! so did not present a problem. Beds clean, comfy and we just had the best quality family week in many years. Loved we had a washer/dryer and did not have to bring many clothes as we just washed. Would def. return again. Loved the pool on site for the kids, gave us days to relax and just swim, etc River was fun. Overall this was the most relaxing vacation we have taken and my kids want to go back.
Cabin was clean and spacious, but there were a few drawbacks that can use improvement.
First of all - There is no dishwasher and no internet. If these are deal breakers for you be aware. We spent a lot of time doing dishes as well as everything that was in the cabinets was filthy and we had to wash everything before we could even use it, not a good start to the vacation.
- Next the pictures are a bit misleading...there is absolutely no privacy as it is actually a strip of cabins packed in super close to each other. We had brought a target and several bows in hopes of practicing some archery but there were so many houses and people close by this was impossible to do safely. Also the pictures of the bridge and the area by the river was not actually near the cabin, in fact that bridge is NOWHERE on the property. Also the cute little fire pit and picnic table in the pictures does not belong to the cabin but to the whole complex and other people were using it. The river does not run right behind the cabin as the pictures would lead you to believe , you actually have to walk past other cabins and across a field to get down to the river.
- Only 1 lighter on the grill was working, it also needed a thorough cleaning before it could be used.
- What bothered me the most is I specifically asked what toiletries and kitchen items I need to pack (what was NOT provided?) and I got a curt answer about we would have everything we needed in the kitchen. It would have been nice to know that no bath soap was provided? Or to bring our own dish soap and paper towels and such....(a tiny travel size bottle of dish soap was provided but considering we had to wash the entire kitchen before we could use it that was gone quickly) Also the kitchen cooking utensils were plastic thrift store quality. A set of mixing bowls or measuring spoons would be nice, we just found random mis- matched plastic things...A decent wine bottle opener and some wine glasses would have been nice considering how many vineyards are nearby.
- No broom and dustpan? No cleaning supplies? Traveling with kids a broom and some all-purpose spray cleaner is a must.
- Most cabins have a binder of helpful tips, directions, restaurants that deliver and information about the rules and how to reach the owner if there is a problem. This cabin had a stack of old brochures.
- Lastly my nephews were dissapointed that they could not play Xbox, the controllers had no charge and there was no charger on the property.
Hiawassee is located along Lake Chutage and the Hiawassee River and there are many water activities to enjoy including boating, jet skis, a lake beach, tubing, and fishing. There are numerous waterfalls and hiking available. Brasstown Bald (Georgia's highest point) is 10 minutes away. Helen is just 20 minutes away. The Georgia Mountain Fair takes place in Hiawassee. There are also multiple golf courses.
Other Activities: tubing
|Pet Fee||$75 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Cleaning Fee||$85 + Tax|
Holidays may be higher.
4 or more cleaning fee is $95
Standard Rate is $160 per night.