About the property
- House1850 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 5)
A stunning view of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline greets you upon arrival at our Rockaway Beach house. The ever changing view includes ferries, cargo ships and pleasure boat traffic, along with sea lions, porpoises, and bird life all set against the background of the Space Needle and the Seattle skyline. The open floor plan allows you to take in the views from almost anywhere in the house with most rooms having spectacular water views.
You will also appreciate the tranquility and natural beauty of our south island location while being just 4.9 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Winslow, along with your own private beach.
Living and Dining Area: While our location puts you in close proximity to many outdoor activities, you will also find your indoor time can be enjoyable as well. The house features:
• Propane Fireplace
• Queen sofa sleeper sofa along with two leather swivel chairs
• 42” LCD television with an extensive list of cable channels including HBO, HBO on Demand, ESPN and Showtime.
• Sound system to accommodate mp3 players and phones
• High speed wireless internet.
• Dining table with seating for up to six
• Alcove with desk
• Library area with a wide variety of hardcover books, games, and playing cards.
Kitchen: You will enjoy cooking and the view from this well equipped kitchen.
• Stainless steel appliances
• Dishwasher and disposal
• Twelve sets of dishes, and flatware
• Coffee maker, coffee grinder, and electric tea kettle.
Bedrooms (2): Enjoy waking up to dramatic sunrises and the sounds of the waves and sea gulls from the master bedroom. The master bedroom features a balcony overlooking the Puget Sound, king bed, LCD television with cable and ceiling fan. The loft bedroom features a queen sized bed.
Location and Activities: In addition to an outstanding view, our convenient location puts you in close proximity to a wide variety of activities. Some fun things to do include:
• Launching your kayak (provided complimentary) from your front yard beach and paddle to Winslow for breakfast (2.5 miles) or Tillicum Village on Blake Island ( 4.0 miles) or historic Port Blakely just a 100 yards away. Two kayaks are available for guest use from April 1st through October 31st.
• Cycling on the many lightly travelled roads of the island. Bikes available for rent from Classic Cycles in Winslow.
• Stretching your legs on one of the nearby forested hiking trails that are within easy walking distance. Maps and directions to nearby trails provided.
• Treating your palate to some great wine from the seven great, yet small, wineries on Bainbridge Island by visiting one or all of four wine tasting rooms in Winslow (4.9m)
• Enjoying some local culture by visiting the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art or the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum.
• Taking in a current run movie at the Historic Lynwood Theatre which first opened in 1936 (2.4 m)
Keywords: Beachfront, View, House
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
About Pat McShane
We have been fans of Bainbridge Island for a very long time and when the opportunity to acquire this home arose, we couldn't resist. We have spent over three decades managing award winning hotels and saw this house as a great chance to blend our professional experience with a love for the island. Both of us are avid cyclists, and kayakers which are some of the many outdoor activities that you can enjoy on Bainbridge. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us and enjoy all that our location has to offer.
Pat McShane purchased this House in 2012
Why Pat McShane chose Bainbridge Island
We fell in love with this house because of the stunning view of Seattle and Puget Sound from every room in the house. The other advantages are its low traffic south island location, great cycling, kayaking, diving and wonderful light filled rooms.
What makes this House unique
This is a great house for activities such as sipping coffee while watching the sun come up over Seattle and the cascades, sitting on the beach with a campfire or just walking the dog to Halls Hill Overlook. For those wanting more physical activities the south island location is convenient to cycling over to Lynnwood for a morning pastry, jumping on one of the hiking trails close by or kayaking to Blakely harbor.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
A wonderful retreat!
The property was absolutely lovely, quiet, quaint, beautifully situated, and well stocked. The owners, Pat and Carla, were very helpful and attentive. Our time on the island was magical!
Fantastic house with incredible views!,,
Great set up in beautiful neighborhood with amazing views. Very clean and well stocked with everything you need for a relaxing get away. Best of all was watching the clouds come and go across the Seattle Skyline while enjoying a cocktail.
We really enjoyed our stay here. Very comfortable bed in the master. Best part was the quiet. I would stay here again for sure!
A relaxing oasis!
The best thing about this vacation property is something that is difficult to describe in words - it is the overall relaxing feeling this house has! You walk in, look out at the amazing views of the water and city and all of your cares melt away. Of course it has all the modern day things we want on a vacation as well - comfy beds, up to date appliances, great WiFi etc. but sitting out on the porch (even in January!) enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the eagle nearby was our favorite. We hope to be back next year for our sister’s weekend. Thanks for a wonderful time!
Enjoyed every minute of our stay!
Almost don’t want to tell anyone how great this house is so it will be available when I want to stay again. Comfy, cozy and has everything you need, including the best view on the Island. We want to come back in the spring to kayak and walk the beach. Thank you for your hospitality!
The only reason we would hesitate to write a review is because this place is so spectacular, we want to be selfish and keep this hidden gem to ourselves. Then we won't have to worry about availability!
Honestly Pat & Carla - thank you for sharing your lovely property with us. We look forward to returning in the future.
Rockaway Beach Road is one of most sought after locations on the island because of its outstanding views and quiet south island location. The south end of the island is the quieter location and does not have the traffic of 305 to contend with.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Credit Cards may be used for payment but will incur a 2.5% fee. Memorial Day Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving Week and Christmas / New Years December 20-31st stays, require a four night minimum at a rate of $345 per night.