|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Located right above Zuma Beach. Zuma, is the Chumash word for abundance, come see where the mountains meet the sea. Close to hiking trails, public swimming pool and tennis courts. Restaurants close by and markets. Large landscaped property behind electric gate. Rope swing, pond with seating area.
We provide, boogie boards, umbrella, chairs, cooler and beach towels. If your flying you can leave all that home.
There is a gas bar b que, in the private patio with chairs and a lounge.
The cottage is fully equipped with linens, stove, oven, microwave, wifi, fireplace and a fan. We do not have air conditioning because this close to the beach we usually do not need it. We are having some very unseasonal weather now, so a fan is needed.
We provide some amenities to get you started, salt, pepper, olive oil, sugar, coffee and tea. We find when we stay places it is helpful to have these supplied because you often overlook them at the store.
Keywords: Studio Cottage
We have lived in Malibu for 45 years, we raised 4 children here and now our 9 grandchildren call it home. They love visiting us and enjoy the beautiful yard, the tennis courts, right outside the gate, baseball fields and public swimming pool. Then of course, we have the beautiful Zuma beach.
judi hutchinson purchased this studio in 2004
We turned our guest house, that we built for our children, into a vacation rental, four years ago, and have enjoyed our many visitors, from all over the world.
I am so fortunate to live in this beautiful area. I ride my bike down to Zuma Beach every morning and see many friends that I have met at Zuma Beach, we watch the dolphins play and see the whales, when they make their migration. I am an artist and there is always a wonderful scene to paint.
Our house that was built in 1952 has the original large front window which we love to sit there and watch the beautiful sunsets out over the Pacific. We never tire of the beauty of nature that we are surrounded by.
We really enjoyed meeting you and Thoreau. Buddah loves your place, his fav by far. Love the nature feel and welcoming atmosphere of your home. Thank you for sharing.
Judi and Bob were great hosts, making sure I had everything I needed. The cottage was detached from the main house, private, quiet, clean and tidy.
The location was about 5 minute drive from Zuma beach, and a few minutes further from the main shops and Point Dume Village in Malibu.
Hiking trails are easily accessible, again a few minutes by car.
At night it is dark and the view of the stars is incredible!
I was there towards the end of August and did not need the fan.
Thanks so much for a great stay! :D
It was convenient to Zuma Beach, Pepperdine and hiking trails. Judi was friendly and informative. They also have a friendly dog. We enjoyed sitting outside for morning coffee and at night.
We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed our time there. We liked the concrete floor, the firm bed and the open layout. The cottage was the perfect spot to rest and relax between our Malibu outings. It's quiet, airy and we loved the sound of the water fountain.
Owners are very nice. Accommodation is clean, however very basic and a little rustic.
We stayed Thursday night through Sunday morning (July 2016) and had a great visit. Hosts couldn't be more welcoming, cottage is the opposite of funky: quality construction, safe, clean, roomy, thoughtfully furnished, nice bathroom and an overall nice feeling. You park adjacent to the cottage, go through a gate into a small fenced yard and enter the cottage through a sliding door that faces southeast.
Two important location** notes:
(1) The actual property location is *not* right on the beach, it's on the *inland* side of PCH and accessed via Busch Road. This is a problem with Homeaway's website and not the owner's fault: they've tried to get the map location corrected. (Tech Support, listening?) Get the property address from the nice owners, the location you'll receive from Homeaway is *wrong*.
>> We arrived after dark and location was quite different than what we expected, but we didn't mind: it's quiet, and we had an ideal place to exercise our dog (see below).
(2) The property is adjacent to the back of Malibu High playing fields and, in fact, the cottage's small yard shares a fence with one of the sports fields.
>> This was great for us because school is not in session (quiet!), and we started every day by walking our dog down a short path, through a gate and onto huge grassy fields that we had all to ourselves. We did periodically hear people or pets through the fence and light shrubbery but it was all pleasant background noise for us.
Other notes & highlights:
* they provided a PIN to open the driveway gate for our arrival, there's a remote inside the cottage for use during the visit
* we left the slider and screen doors open when home, no bugs bugged us
* weather was somewhat hot while we were there--mostly 70s, some low 80s--and one of us whines & wilts in heat. The fan did the job just fine, no A/C required
* small yard is fenced, no worries of dog escape (we never left her on the property unattended)
* we felt welcome to sit or walk around outside small fenced yard and welcome to let our dog trot around (we always watched her, the driveway gate is not dog-proof enough for our mischievous one)
* the kitchen had all the hardware we needed: sink, stove, microwave, toaster, Mr. Coffee-type coffee maker, dishes, utensils, etc.
* we didn't really cook but definitely bring any and all cooking staples needed (spices, sugar, oil, butter--everything)
Great visit & hosts, thanks!
This was the perfect place for my husband and I to have a bit of a vacation while visiting our son in Topanga. Private enough and near the beach. Lovely spot!
We are with in walking distance of the Famous Zuma Beach, where suffers abound along with kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and boogie boarding.
The Adamson house is a historic house and gardens located within the Malibu Lagoon State Park. Built in 1930 For Rhoda Rindge Adamson. The Getty Villa is a little further down the way where you can get a taste of old Europe and enjoy the beautiful collection of art and antiques.
Malibu Family Wine is only 4.8 miles from Zuma Beach. Take a picnic buy a bottle of wine and listen to local musicians out under the stars. Tasting room is open 7 days a week from 11:00 to 6:00.
Malibu and Vine Bar & grill at Malibu Golf Club. 4.5 miles
We have endless trails to hike, Escondido Falls, Boney Mountain State Wilderness, Zuma Canyon Trailhead, Backbone Trailhead, Charmlee Park, Solstice Canyon and more. One of the most beautiful hikes is our Headlands Park, where you look down at the beautiful waters of the Pacific and watch seals play on the rocks or see the grey whales on their migration.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.