|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
You have a unique opportunity when considering Harbor Creek Lodge for your vacation rental.
Getaway to an idyllic Northwest location with your family, friends, and co-workers! Rain or shine, Harbor Creek Lodge offers something for everyone. Relaxing spaces for the grown ups and plenty of adventures to be had for the young ones.
Harbor Creek Lodge is a 17,000 square foot log estate dramatically overlooking a sparkling fresh water pond with sweeping views of old growth timber and an incredible sanctuary of birds and wildlife.
Inside the lodge you will enjoy 6 furnished bedrooms with king & queen size beds, a bonus bedroom (includes a queen bed, laundry, and shower), as well as a bunk room with total sleeping capacity for 15.
The pond is fresh water & fully stocked with trout. It features a large dock with a diving board, a raft at the center, and is roughly 15 feet deep and 100 feet across. The lodge sports a hot tub outside, 1/2 basketball court inside with climbing rope, 1,700 square foot game room with foosball, table tennis, dance floor with disco ball, pool table , poker table and a built in wet bar.
The owner collects classic cars and has an indoor collection of 12 for viewing with couch , stereo, bistro tables, and memorabilia. A gourmet kitchen with a huge dining room table provides great views of nature from inside.
There is another home on the property with year-round renters as well.
Keywords: Private Home
I am 59 years old and own a large catering company in Seattle. I am very active in a number of ministries in Seattle, Young life and have a heart for kids and people. I often have large groups of college kids from the UW and UPS for small retreats of 50 people for the weekend. I am a non smoker and drinker and love to collect cars, Alaskan art work, have lived in Alaska, and enjoy the outdoors.
The Owner purchased this house in 1999
I bought this incredible estate as a wedding venue and ended up enjoying it so much that I have lived there the past 14 years and commute to Seattle everyday for work. Everyday I wake up and realize how fortunate I am to have a property like this and to have shared it with thousands of college and high school kids over the years. I bought in Gig Harbor because it was within an hour of driving from Seattle.
The property is totally private and has a 4 block long driveway into the property and a wonderful small lake with fresh water that is great for wildlife and swimming. The estate has a 1/2 basketball court inside, outdoor hot tub, game room with foosball, pool table, table tennis, dance floor with disco ball and a full wet bar. Inside I also have my collection of 13 classic cars with couches, bistro tables and memorabilia. There is a full gourmet kitchen for cooking and entertaining off the large living and dining room.
We had a WONDERFUL time at the house and will definitely be back! What a great space for retreats, both large group and small group conversations! We just wish we had more time there!
This place is MASSIVE. Every time I opened a door, I was surprised that the place kept going. We had a large group, and all slept comfortably. We had room to gather, space to play, and everyone could have a couch of their own to read on. We relaxed n the hot tub, played in the gym, sat by the wood fire, wandered in the woods, swam in the pond, and played night games in the yard. I need more excuses to visit.
This was my first time out to the lodge although my group has been coming to this lodge for quite a few years. We had a group stay here this fall and found it to be the perfect space for our needs. The location can hardly be beat; feels like a woodsy-get away yet is only a convenient, quick drive from Gig Harbor...what more can you ask for? We had a group of around 25 for our weekend retreat and had no issue with space! Plenty of room for gathering together for meals, programming and other activities. The fully stocked game-room, car collection, gym-space, and hot tub, quaint pond, and diving board kept us occupied during non-program times. Although our weather was less than ideal, there was plenty of space for outdoor games that we'll be sure to take advantage next time. Jim, the owner did his best to ensure our stay was a great one. We will definitely be back in the future.
We rented this property last week for the Christmas break. It was filthy and had several significant safety/health hazards that I reported to the owner in a letter. along with shocking photos documenting my concerns.
Here are just a few of the many examples that were unacceptable and dangerous:
- a substantial roof leak in the ceiling above the car garage with toxic black mold, linked to health problems, easily visible. On the outside of the house, the wall is completely destroyed with visible insulation and open to the interior.
- the furnace in the car room died after three days of use rendering the room unusable.
-Smoke alarms were non-functioning and presented fire hazards of their own via bare wires
- Multiple electrical outlets sparked when plugging in small devices, posing an additional and substantial fire hazard. Some outlets were taped over with shipping tape and others in the gym simply hung loosely by their wiring.
- The house was filthy. I do not use this term lightly. Furniture was torn and stained. Bath towels smelled old and mildewed. The tub in the master bathroom was disgustingly stained and unusable. We could hardly see out the windows as they were completely covered with months of mold, grime, and mildew.
- Front porch decking had substantial dry rot, which was loose and near collapse, posing a safety risk for our elderly visitors. Multiple screws poked up from the decking.
-Bathroom off kitchen had a completely rotten floor in front of the toilet which was spongey, causing the bricks to be lifted and loose. The floor felt as if it would collapse just standing on it.
- In the bunk room, two doors open up easily to a nearly fifteen foot drop into the garage posing yet another substantial safety hazard to children
the front walkway was unlit
The road was unmarked and had several deep potholes that we bottomed out our vehicle on
a bat was visible in the basement of the car garage
A debt collector called the home
Simple cleaning will not fix this level of neglect
I feel like I was duped and that this house in no way was in the condition advertised. I'm sure at its heyday 25 years ago it was a beautiful property, but now is not fit to be rented.
I requested a partial refund due to the high cost and low quality. I was offered a partial refund only if I promised not to provide any negative feedback on the internet. I said I would report this listing either way. I feel it is important to share my experience honestly to save
I've been staying at this cabin for over 5 years, a few times a year, mostly on large retreats and it truly is a breakaway from the noise! Perfect space for a family reunion or a retreat. Not even 10 minutes from highway 16 and this location feels like you're hours into the quietness of the woods. It is a perfect getaway and very convenient to find. Only a short drive into downtown gig harbor makes it easy to go into town for the day- or you can spend your day walking through the trails of beautiful woodland right out the front door! Working with Jim has always been wonderful! He has accommodated us in every way possible; he always makes sure the place is clean and heated and ready for our arrival. Not to mention, he always makes sure the hot tub is ready for us too! The cabin itself is outfitted with lots of great seating areas including a fully furnished and decked out game room (Poker table, pool table, ping pong, disco ball and dance floor), several TV rooms, an entire indoor basketball court/gym area, plenty of bathrooms throughout the house, a bunk room, several bedrooms, a spacious front deck, a expansive field, a pond (you can swim in with a diving board!) and a hot tub. All in all the space is fantastic. We've had anywhere from 6-40 people stay the night here and regardless of the size of our group, we've never felt overcrowded or under-serviced. You MUST stay here- the price you pay for what you get is astounding! You won't regret it and you will visit again and again!
My family and I rented the lodge for Christmas and we will not be renting again. The lodge is extremely filthy and has a very strong rodent odor. We spent 3 nights and 4 daus at the lodge and with every passing day we were more disgusted.
1. Dish towels, hand towels, shower towels had a sour odor so strong that we went out and purchased our own towels and rags to use. After seeing that there was a load of moldy towels left in the washing machine we understood the odor.
2. Sheets, pillows, blankets were stained and smelled horribly.
3. Dishes were not clean. Both refrigerators were stinky and dirty and the kitchen had expired food.
4. Bathrooms....we had to clean each bathroom before any of us used them. The showers havery mold, the toilets were dirty floors around the toilets were sticky.
5. Inches of dust on every surface. The furniture is not moved to vacuum , sweep, or mop under. Side tables, night stands, lamps...every surface was caked with months of dirt and grime.
6. My elderly parents were sleeping in a bed that broke in the middle of the night.
7. Broken glass door was a safety concern. Double door in bunk room does not lock or even latch and opens to a second story drop into garage.
8. My Mom lost her cell phone and as we were packing up to leave we searched every piece of furniture every drawer and corner....there was rat droppings under the couch cushions and matress covers, in drawers and closets, under the refrigerators and microwave and toaster.
9. There was NO WiFi or working phone as we were told....we attempted to reach Jim multiple times via phone and email and he still has not contacted us back.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!
Gig Harbor has it all. Mountains, water, old growth forest, small town life & city life within 10 minute drive. The property is quite secluded, but only a short drive to shops, restaurants, grocery stores, & other amenities. Located midway between the Olympic Mountain Range & Mount Rainer, it's a great hub from which to explore. Highlights include a fully stocked trout pond on property (catch & release), multiple golf courses, the Tacoma Narrows bridge, and the Tacoma Rainers baseball team (Seattle Mariners Triple-A affiliate play just 10 minutes away).
We cannot host large events such as wedding, memorials, fundraisers, etc. on the property due to county zoning laws. The lodge is to be utilized as a lodging facility only, not an event venue. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.