Located at the end of a winding country road and nestled against the base of Mount Anthony, the property has 350+ private acres to hike or walk, two lovely ponds for swimming, stunning views of Pleasant Valley from the wraparound front porch, and spacious, modern living quarters. The property includes two residences. The main house (pictured above) has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms with first and second floor master bedrooms with king beds and en-suite bathrooms. The 2 additional bedrooms share a hall bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub. There is a modern, gourmet kitchen with vaulted ceilings and skylights and floor-to-ceiling, fieldstone, wood-burning fireplace. This well appointed home can accommodate up to eight adults.
Also located on the property is separate lodging, the Brookside Cottage, which can be rented for $250/night as additional accommodations for up to 4 adults. The Brookside Cottage (see final photos of our listing) has a gourmet kitchen, open floor plan, wood-burning fireplace, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom.
Here you can enjoy a wide range of sporting, cultural, and restful activities. The expansive acreage of our estate includes clean, crisp ponds for swimming and trails that will lead you across the fields and into the woods and hills. With Pleasant Valley Country Estate as your base of operation, you may enjoy the delights of Southwestern Vermont and return to your luxurious and inviting “Green Mountain” home.
Our gourmet kitchens are fully equipped for your cooking pleasure. Concierge services, such as pre-arrival food shopping, appointments for spa treatments, and catering are available upon request. We can help make your visit easy, carefree, and relaxing.
On the property and in the the Bennington area, there are many activities:
- Hike or bike the trails on our 350+ acre private estate preserve
- Swim each day in the refreshing ponds
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables
- Cross-country ski and snow shoe on untouched snow
- Relax and enjoy the views of the ponds and the valley beyond
- Enjoy nature at its finest
Tour the local Bennington area and visit covered bridges, historic homes, the Bennington Battle Monument, Bennington Pottery, Bennington College, and local museums. Williamstown, Tanglewood, and the Berkshires are all in nearby providing additional cultural activities.
Also, you may:
- Golf at beautiful Mt Anthony Golf Club
- Horse-back ride on local trails
- Canoe or fish the renowned Battenkill River
- Visit one of the area's sugar shacks to see sap turned into maple syrup.
- Ski the mountains of Southern Vermont: Bromley and Stratton are only 30 minutes away and Mount Snow is only 45 minutes away.
Pleasant Valley Country Estate is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy at any time of the year and in any season.