About the property
- Villa3500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
5 Bedrooms 7 Bathrooms Sleeps 10
The house is situated in the heart of Provence in Eygalieres, a lovely Provençal village full of character and charm.
The 4 acre property has landscaped gardens with large lawns and spectacular surroundings, with a magnificent view of the Alpilles mountains.
The 3500 sq. foot house is in perfect condition, has a 40ft x 20ft pool (heatable for a fee) with electrical cover and security gate inside a hedge, and 5 air conditioned bedrooms (each with a private bathroom with shower, two also with bathtubs) which can accommodate up to 10 people.
The rooms are large and bright, the 4 acre serene property with no visible neighbors is a delight for families with a large level lawn surrounding the enclosed pool.
Add to this the gentle country and Alpille views, shaded outdoor dining and poolside areas and you have an idyllic, restful holiday retreat.
When you just want to relax, you will enjoy our lovely pool and exceptional surroundings.
Five bedrooms, each with heating and air conditioning, and private bathrooms. Comfortably sleeps ten people.
- Master bedroom, with a king-sized bed, private bathroom (with shower, bathtub, toilet, and two sinks) and a private terrace. Upstairs.
- Queen bedroom, with a queen-sized bed and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Upstairs.
- Twin bedroom, with two twin-sized beds and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Ground floor, with a secondary entrance.
- King bedroom, with a king-sized bed, private bathroom (with shower/bath, toilet, bidet, and sink.) Ground floor, with a secondary entrance.
- Queen bedroom, with a queen-sized bed and private bathroom (with shower, toilet, and sink.) Ground floor.
- The ground floor also holds a common bathroom, and a powder room.
Spacious living and dining room with a fireplace.
Large covered outdoor dining room.
Fully equipped kitchen between both dining rooms.
Patio with additional cooking facilities.
Sprawling shaded terrace facing the Alpilles, with a sofa, armchairs, chairs, and tables.
- All five of these areas have splendid views of the gardens and the Alpilles mountains.
- 42' LCD Television
- International satellite television
- Multi-Zone unlocked DVD player
- High-speed wired and wireless internet.
- Phone calls to America and Canada. Western European landlines, as well. For other countries, please inquire.
- Two high chairs, two cots, and a playpen.
- End of week cleaning service included for multi-week stays.
- 40x20 ft. pool with an electric cover, solar shower, stairs, and child-proof fence.
- Indoor garage with a remote-controlled door.
- Two covered parking spaces also lie separate from the garage.
- The fenced property is reach through an iron gate, opened via remote.
- Pool heating is available for a weekly fee of €150.
- Cleaning service is also available any time at a rate of €12 per hour.
The property is located 1 mile from the old village of Eygalieres, via a small country road.
The property itself lies at the end of a 1/5 mile private access road.
Eygalieres is located at the center of Provence:
Within 15 minutes drive is St. Remy de Provence.
Within 30 minutes drive are the medieval town and fortress les Baux de Provence, Avignon, Arles, Tarascon and le Lubéron region's hilltop villages Gordes, Ménérbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux and the Sénanques Abbaye.
Within 60 minutes drive are Aix en Provence, the famous Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, le Pont du Gard, Nîmes, Uzés, la Camargue, the Mediterranean, les Calanques de Cassis, Marseilles...
There are two grocery stores with excellent local fruits, vegetables and cheeses. There are also two bakeries, an excellent butcher & caterer, a newspaper stand, a post office, a pharmacy, ten restaurants, two hair salons and three lovely bistros/bars with shaded terraces. The peak of the town offers tremendous provencal views, as well. The city of Saint-Rémy de Provence, just 6 miles away, has many great shops and restaurants as well.
The home is roughly fifteen minutes walking distance from Eygalieres, and five minutes from the Chappelle Saint Sixte (pictured above.)
- Major Festivals - Avignon, Aix en Provence, Orange, La Roque d'Antheiron.
- Bullfights in Nîmes and Arles.
- Numerous local fairs.
- Major flea market and small antique stores in L'Isle sur la Sorgue (15 miles.)
- Marchés (markets selling fruits, vegetables, and local food/products) in surrounding villages such as Eygalieres, St. Remy, and l'Isle sur la Sorgue on alterating days of the week.
- Several local wineries, including the Chateauxneuf du Pape, can be visited.
- Four beautiful golf courses (Servannes, Port Royal, Avignon, and Les Baux) within 15 miles.
- Horse rising for adults and children.
- Cycling roads with nearby rentals.
- Rock climbing.
- Tennis courts in Eygalieres.
Numerous fine restaurants in Eygalieres, St. Remy, les Baux de Provence, Avignon, and other local villages. For personal recommendations, feel free to inquire.
Of note are:
- Michelin 2 stars 'l'Oustau de Beaumanieres' in Les Baux de Provence, 20 minutes away with its charming provencal setting.
- Michelin 3 stars 'Le Petit Nice', Marseilles, 1 hour away, a Mediterrenean sea jewel, and its spectacular ocean front.
- Airports - Marseilles and Nîmes, both 45 minutes away.
- Train - Avignon TGV station 30 minutes away.
On the TGV, Paris is 2h45 minutes away.
A cancelled reservation is refunded if and when a new renter is found.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 13, 2018
About Janette Rapaccioli
We have been living in Eygalieres for 20 years. We lived in this house for fifteen years, and are now renting it and welcoming visitors from all over. We have had many American renters, all very happy with their stay in the house and in provence.
Janette Rapaccioli purchased this Villa in 1994
Why Janette Rapaccioli chose Eygalières
The weather is marvelous. Eygalieres is in the center of Provence and is a beautiful, typically Provencal village, fashionable yet small enough to be quaint. Saint Remy, a beautiful and fashionable town with plenty of bars and restaurants is fifteen minutes away. Walk it's old streets, admire the architecture, and discover the birthplace of Nostradamus. Twenty minutes away is l'Isle sur la Sorgue, a marvelous town and its renown antique shops A mere half an hour away is Avignon with its renown summer Festival d'Avignon, and the Papal palace dating from when the Popes settled in Avignon. Forty five minutes away is Aix, the famous university town.
What makes this Villa unique
The house and its surroundings is amazingly quiet and peaceful, with great views of the Alpilles mountains and countryside. Yet, the village of Eygalières and it's shops and restaurants are barelly five minutes away. You can take a pleasant ten minute walk from the house to the Saint-Sixte Chapel, an icon of Provence. On fridays, you can go to the Eygalieres market and savour local specialties, admire local crafts or just take in the old world atmosphere. You will find traditional markets in neighboring towns on every day of the week. You will find a great butcher in Eygalières, two excellent bakeries, a great grocery store with great produce, a pharmacy, post office, doctors, dentists, book store, bistros, cafés and restaurants and more, all five minutes away.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Two Weeks in Paradise
If this beautiful property is already booked for your vacation time, change your vacation time !! It is difficult to express in words the extent of the charm, the natural beauty and calm tranquility of the property, the quality of the accommodations, and the exceptional attentiveness of M. Francois. Every beautiful morning gave a new burst of excitement; the view of Les Alpilles is unforgettable. My family (nine of us were always comfortable) and I barely could bring ourselves to leave. Do not pass up the opportunity to enjoy your Provence vacation from this beautiful place.
Fantastic place and wonderful weather
We did have wonderful weather during our late October stay but it would have been just as lovely had it been cold. As a matter of fact, anticipating cold temperatures we asked Francois to have firewood available and piles of wood was there upon our arrival.Three couples enjoyed the spacious, comfortable, well supplied spaces both indoors and out. The location was perfect for visiting nearby villages, both large and small, without having to travel for hours. The village of Eygalieres was my favorite of all but being able to move around this part of Provence easily was a big plus. All the village markets are unique and worth a visit in the morning and then you can venture out for more exploring in the afternoon. Just relaxing at "our" house was wonderful as well. Francois was available for information and for assistance when we had a bit of trouble with the gate, always with a pleasant manner and smile. Definitely recommend this villa!
A large comfortable property with very private grounds
Our family (3 generations) spent two wonderful weeks at the property in September. The house was very comfortable and well equipped. The ground floor annex with two bedrooms (and en-suites) was particularly suitable for our two grandchildren and their parents and the master bedroom was outstanding. The pool is a highlight and was well maintained during our stay. Francois was available by phone or email to provide advice or help when needed. We have already booked for next year..
A wonderful, well equipped home in a beautiful area of Provence.
Stunning property with beautiful views of surrounding area. Owners were very helpful. The whole property is very well kept and would recommend it to anyone. Would definitely visit again.
Delightful holiday house
We are a family of four and took Mas des Deux Puits for four weeks and filled it with family and friends. We had a great time. The house is delightful, very well situated just outside one of the prettiest villages.
We ate every meal outside.
Master bedroom is a delight and with two beds and baths in a separate annex it is ideal for guests.
Great pool and garden.
Kitchen has everything you need, masses of glassware, cutlery, plates, pots and pans. Hob is a bit underpowered, dishwasher struggled a bit and an ice machine in one of the fridges would have been good.
Didn't spend much time inside but with mainly English speaking guests perhaps a Sky satellite system or similar would be good for the TV.
Francois, our host, was most helpful and solved what few problems there were very promptly.
Thoroughly recommend this house.
Perfect Holiday Home
We were a party of 9 staying at this most wonderful villa. It's location was fab being walking distance from the village and the villa itself was amazing. The bedrooms were all ensuite or had a private bathroom, the living areas were great with the kitchen being very well equipped. Best of all were the amazing outside areas with a greeting eating spaces and one of the very best pools. Apart from the great villa, Francois was an outstanding host. He made more than one trip into the villa to give our party a lift saving them the walk, was extremely helpful when one of our party needed a doctor and in general was incredibly helpful. Would definitely recommend this location and it is also our intention to go again.
Roman ruins, acqueduct and amphiteaters at Pont du Gard, Arles, Orange, and Nimes, the fourteenth century Palace of the Popes in Avignon, many typical Provencal villages such as Eygalières, Saint Rémy de Provence, Roussillon, Les Beaux..., hilltop villages Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, vineyards, olive trees, the Mediterranean coast with the beautiful calanques de Cassis and Marseilles, antics in Isle sur la Sorgue, daily Provencal markets... . You can also shop in beautiful Aix en Provence, canoe in gorgeous locations, play golf on beautiful golf courses, hike, or just enjoy the peace and quiet for an afternoon nap.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancelled rental week(s) receive(s) refund if and when week(s) is/are re-rented.