|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
This Edwardian house is surrounded by Golden Gate Park, the Pacific Ocean, Lincoln Park, and the Presidio, with easy transportation (buses 5, 31, 38, 2, 1, 29) to every corner in the city and beyond. Only half a block to Golden Gate Park – a 3 minute walk to most event sites. It's 1.5 miles to Ocean Beach (Cliff House). It has easy access to Academy of Sciences, Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Lands End, Baker beach, Legion of Honor, the Presidio, the San Francisco Zoo, Downtown, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Lombard St., Chinatown, Japantown, and more! The house is within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores and local produce and fish markets.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 playroom (could be set up as the 5th bedroom), 1 formal dinning room, 1 huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a sunny back yard, and a laundry space. Total 2200 sq. ft. It has original period gumwood and built-in furniture, a fast Internet connection, big movie screen with HD home theater projection system, a fire place, Wolf stove with built in grill for BBQ, a huge collection of books, and nice and helpful neighbors. Driveway parking is available.
This single-family house is also very kid friendly. We have stair blockers, high chairs, baby utensils, hundreds of children books, toys, many kid’s corners, a large black board, a painting easel and supplies, home theater for entertainment, and a sunny and safe backyard for play. A Pack-n-Play and a stroller are available upon request.
Setup is as follows:
* Master bedroom: King-sized bed with a high-end memory form mattress. Private full bathroom. Reading corner. Home theater with a big movie screen, Blue Ray player, HD data projector with surround sound. Iron with ironing board and printer in the adjacent office space.
* 2nd bedroom: Queen-sized bed with the best possible mattress. Reading corner. Awesome red wood tree outside of the window.
* 3rd bedroom: A new and fun loft bed (enclosed on 3 sides to keep those kids who like to roll nice and safe) and a single-sized mattress on the floor underneath. This room is for kids or two single adults.
* Sunroom / 4th bedroom: A double-sized futon bed with an extremely comfortable innerspring futon. Has 4 windows with the beautiful redwood tree view outside.
* The downstairs playroom can be set up as the 5th bedroom if needed.
Comfortable beddings are provided.
* Master full bathroom: Newly remodeled. Large bathtub, separate walk in shower, TOTO Washlet (once you try it you’ll never go back!), operable skylight.
* 2nd full bathroom – kid’s bathroom: Shower over bathtub. TOTO Washlet.
* 3rd half bathroom: Conveniently located on the main floor. A toilet and a sink.
Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, towels (three sizes), are all provided.
* Kitchen: Recently upgraded. All top appliances including a new dishwasher, a WOLF stove with built-in grill for BBQ, a 36 inch refrigerator, Breville microwave and toaster ovens, blender, coffee maker. All kitchen utensils and equipment provided. There is an island between kitchen and dinning room to create a big open space. This well-lit kitchen has everything you need for a quick snack or a gourmet dinner.
* Dinning room: The dinning table can be extended to sit more than 10 people. The built-in furniture contains all the little things you would need for a home, including a First Aid kit and stationary.
* Living room: TV and DVD player. Comfortable sofa sets. Kid’s corners. An extensive collection of books for readers with a wide variety of interests and at all levels.
* Laundry area is right off the kitchen with a top of the line LG front-loading washer & drier. Laundry soap provided.
* Driveway parks one car. Street parking is seldom a challenge.
* Backyard has vegetable boxes and chairs. Safe for kids to play and great for adults to enjoy a cup of coffee and a newspaper.
* Keyless lock – No worries about getting or losing the keys.
* Free hi-speed Wi-Fi is included.
* The house is a no smoking, no pet property. No worries about pet or smoke allergies.
* Extensive local tips provided: Restaurants, attractions, detailed resources for kids, super markets, etc.
6-8 people can stay in great comfort. All of the details have been carefully considered to make this your home away from home in San Francisco.
The Neighborhood: Richmond District is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safe neighborhoods. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Sunday morning farmer's market on Clement Street; walking through the so-called “New China Town”: Clement St. and Irving St.; eating out at wonderful restaurants at Geary Blvd, Clement St. and Balboa St.; walking to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio (Baker beach), Land’s End, the Ocean Beach (Cliff House), and many nearby attractions. Locals are friendly, approachable and laid back.
Keywords: San Francisco luxury home, kid friendly, 3+ bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, parking, yard, WiFi, home theater, close to Golden Gate Park, walk to attractions and restaurants. Fully equipped. Corporate rental.
Please also check out our Sonoma house at: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3651917.
We are a family with three little kids. We've been living in this area for a very long time and we love here. We are sharing our local info with guests.
Lan Marvit purchased this house in 2002
Great location. Close to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the ocean, and it's very easy to take buses to go to downtown. The house is spacious, has a lot of wood inside, very comfortable.
Close to Golden Gate Park, beaches, the Presidio, Lincoln park, Land's end; walkable to many restaurants in Geary, Balboa, Clement, and Irving st. Buses run every other street (#5, #31, #38, #2, #29). Fresh air from the ocean. Parking available. Beautiful back yard. Laundry in house. Home theater. Free-WiFi. Spacious. High-end beds and bedding. Top appliances.
We had a really enjoyable week – incredible to think that what was once an imaginary landscape is now familiar to us!
Thanks for leaving such a catholic supply of books on the shelves – highly appreciated!
Thanks also to Dave for coming round to sort out a few minor issues… everything worked out perfectly
All in all a great experience. Best wishes to your family, greetings from
Douglass and family
PS Shalimar on Polk St is outstanding!! Best curry I have had, including Pakistan and Glasgow!
We thoroughly enjoyed the use of this home. As a family of 5 with young kids, travelling across the country, what a relief it was to arrive at a nice home opposed to a cramped hotel room. We really enjoyed staying here, so much so it would be hard to visit SF again without the use of a house.
The kids had a great time here! We got to visit many fun places, Golden Gate Park, Pier 39, Chinatown, Exploratorium, and visited with family and friends.
The house provides plenty of room for play, meals, and hanging out. We even enjoyed the quality of the linens and towels. Thanks again!
This large, comfortable and quiet home provided an enjoyable experience for my brother, niece and husband, their two very young children and me on our recent visit. A well stocked kitchen, toys and gear for the little ones, easy access to public transportation as well as walking access to grocery and restaurants all contributed to this being a very good value rental. Lan was attentive and accommodating to our needs and I would definitely recommend this property.
The house is roomy and kid friendly, which I really enjoyed because I had grandkids with me. The location is great. Right by Golden Gate Park and in a quiet neighborhood versus staying by Fisherman's Wharf. Would rent this house again in a heartbeat!
Our family visited San Francisco for the Labor Day Holiday and to travel to Palo Alto for the Stanford vs Kansas State football game. There were five adults and a 9-month old. Lan and Dave's house was perfect for our large group. Lan provided all the baby essentials including stroller, high chair and pack-n-play. We used Uber to get around, including to and from Palo Alto and it was very reasonable and we never had to wait long for a pickup. Lan and Dave are wonderful hosts and I would highly recommend their property to others and would rent again. Also, Lan was very helpful to answer questions ahead of our visit.
With all promised amenities working well, plenty of local information provided, an eclectic book collection to sample and plenty of room provided this was exactly what we hoped for after reading the presentation and booking it. Truly a home away from home!
Very spacious property, nice location, and Lan was absolutely wonderful before and during the trip, offering suggestions or answering questions -- even though there was very little need for clarifications. Highly recommend.
Golden Gate Park: walk 1 min (Bluegrass festival, Summer events, Botanical garden, De Young Museum, Academy of Science, Japanese tea garden, Rose garden, lakes, Conservatory of flowers, playgrounds and tennis courts, Buffalo paddock).
Pacific ocean: drive 5 mins (Large beaches, The Cliff house, Sutro Baths, the Beach Chalet).
Land’s End (the best spots and trial to see Golden Gate Bridge): drive 4 mins.
Legion of Honor/Golf: drive 4 mins.
Presidio (Golden Gate National Park): drive 3 min (Baker beach, Crissy field, Museums under the Bridge…).
New China towns (Clement or Irvine): drive 4 mins or walk 15 mins.
Restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Russian, American, Italian, Ethiopian…) : walk 5 to 10 mins.
Japan town, China town, Marina, Castro, Hayes Valley, Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Bridge, Zoo, Moscone Convention Center are all short drives...
Downtown: Bus 20 mins (Fishman’s wharf; Union square, cable cars…).
Easy access to Napa, Muir Wood, Monterey, Yosemite, Tahoe...
Other Activities: Shopping, local events, sightseeing, eating, relaxing.
This neighborhood can be a good vacation base comparing to others, it has below benefits:
1) Surrounded three sides by Golden Gate Park, Pacific Ocean, and the Presidio. There are many wonderful attractions nearby: Japanese tea garden, Botanical garden, Science Museum, De Young Museum, Cliff house, Sutra bath, Land's end, Baker beach, Golden Gate Bridge.
2) It's very quiet and safe comparing to downtown. Parking is easy everywhere.
3) It's very easy to get to downtown (Bus #5, #31, #38, #29 right nearby).
4) There are several interesting streets, Clement st. and Irving st. (so called new China towns), Geary blvd, Height st. etc. Walking along those streets can be very interesting.
5) There are all sort of restaurants in the neighborhoods, some are the best in SF.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Bay to Breakers
May 19 2017 - May 22 2017
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
For more than 6 persons, $50 will be charged per person per night.