|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This Edwardian house is surrounded by Golden Gate Park, the Pacific Ocean, Lincoln Park, and the Presidio, with easy transportation (buses 5, 31, 38, 2, 1, 29) to every corner in the city and beyond. Only half a block to Golden Gate Park – a 3 minute walk to most event sites. It's 1.5 miles to Ocean Beach (Cliff House). It has easy access to Academy of Sciences, Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Lands End, Baker beach, Legion of Honor, the Presidio, the San Francisco Zoo, Downtown, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Lombard St., Chinatown, Japantown, and more! The house is within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores and local produce and fish markets.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 playroom (could be set up as the 5th bedroom), 1 formal dinning room, 1 huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a sunny back yard, and a laundry space. Total 2200 sq. ft. It has original period gumwood and built-in furniture, a fast Internet connection, big movie screen with HD home theater projection system, a fire place, Wolf stove with built in grill for BBQ, a huge collection of books, and nice and helpful neighbors. Driveway parking is available.
This single-family house is also very kid friendly. We have stair blockers, high chairs, baby utensils, hundreds of children books, toys, many kid’s corners, a large black board, a painting easel and supplies, home theater for entertainment, and a sunny and safe backyard for play. A Pack-n-Play and a stroller are available upon request.
Setup is as follows:
* Master bedroom: King-sized bed with a high-end memory form mattress. Private full bathroom. Reading corner. Home theater with a big movie screen, Blue Ray player, HD data projector with surround sound. Iron with ironing board and printer in the adjacent office space.
* 2nd bedroom: Queen-sized bed with the best possible mattress. Reading corner. Awesome red wood tree outside of the window.
* 3rd bedroom: A new and fun loft bed (enclosed on 3 sides to keep those kids who like to roll nice and safe) and a single-sized mattress on the floor underneath. This room is for kids or two single adults.
* Sunroom / 4th bedroom: A double-sized futon bed with an extremely comfortable innerspring futon. Has 4 windows with the beautiful redwood tree view outside.
* The downstairs playroom can be set up as the 5th bedroom if needed.
Comfortable beddings are provided.
* Master full bathroom: Newly remodeled. Large bathtub, separate walk in shower, TOTO Washlet (once you try it you’ll never go back!), operable skylight.
* 2nd full bathroom – kid’s bathroom: Shower over bathtub. TOTO Washlet.
* 3rd half bathroom: Conveniently located on the main floor. A toilet and a sink.
Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, towels (three sizes), are all provided.
* Kitchen: Recently upgraded. All top appliances including a new dishwasher, a WOLF stove with built-in grill for BBQ, a 36 inch refrigerator, Breville microwave and toaster ovens, blender, coffee maker. All kitchen utensils and equipment provided. There is an island between kitchen and dinning room to create a big open space. This well-lit kitchen has everything you need for a quick snack or a gourmet dinner.
* Dinning room: The dinning table can be extended to sit more than 10 people. The built-in furniture contains all the little things you would need for a home, including a First Aid kit and stationary.
* Living room: TV and DVD player. Comfortable sofa sets. Kid’s corners. An extensive collection of books for readers with a wide variety of interests and at all levels.
* Laundry area is right off the kitchen with a top of the line LG front-loading washer & drier. Laundry soap provided.
* Driveway parks one car. Street parking is seldom a challenge.
* Backyard has vegetable boxes and chairs. Safe for kids to play and great for adults to enjoy a cup of coffee and a newspaper.
* Keyless lock – No worries about getting or losing the keys.
* Free hi-speed Wi-Fi is included.
* The house is a no smoking, no pet property. No worries about pet or smoke allergies.
* Extensive local tips provided: Restaurants, attractions, detailed resources for kids, super markets, etc.
6-8 people can stay in great comfort. All of the details have been carefully considered to make this your home away from home in San Francisco.
The Neighborhood: Richmond District is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safe neighborhoods. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Sunday morning farmer's market on Clement Street; walking through the so-called “New China Town”: Clement St. and Irving St.; eating out at wonderful restaurants at Geary Blvd, Clement St. and Balboa St.; walking to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio (Baker beach), Land’s End, the Ocean Beach (Cliff House), and many nearby attractions. Locals are friendly, approachable and laid back.
Keywords: San Francisco luxury home, kid friendly, 3+ bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, parking, yard, WiFi, home theater, close to Golden Gate Park, walk to attractions and restaurants. Fully equipped. Corporate rental.
Please also check out our Sonoma house at: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3651917.
We are a family with three little kids. We've been living in this area for a very long time and we love here. We are sharing our local info with guests.
Lan Marvit purchased this house in 2002
Great location. Close to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the ocean, and it's very easy to take buses to go to downtown. The house is spacious, has a lot of wood inside, very comfortable.
Close to Golden Gate Park, beaches, the Presidio, Lincoln park, Land's end; walkable to many restaurants in Geary, Balboa, Clement, and Irving st. Buses run every other street (#5, #31, #38, #2, #29). Fresh air from the ocean. Parking available. Beautiful back yard. Laundry in house. Home theater. Free-WiFi. Spacious. High-end beds and bedding. Top appliances.
We had a really enjoyable week – incredible to think that what was once an imaginary landscape is now familiar to us!
Thanks for leaving such a catholic supply of books on the shelves – highly appreciated!
Thanks also to Dave for coming round to sort out a few minor issues… everything worked out perfectly
All in all a great experience. Best wishes to your family, greetings from
Douglass and family
PS Shalimar on Polk St is outstanding!! Best curry I have had, including Pakistan and Glasgow!
We thoroughly enjoyed the use of this home. As a family of 5 with young kids, travelling across the country, what a relief it was to arrive at a nice home opposed to a cramped hotel room. We really enjoyed staying here, so much so it would be hard to visit SF again without the use of a house.
The kids had a great time here! We got to visit many fun places, Golden Gate Park, Pier 39, Chinatown, Exploratorium, and visited with family and friends.
The house provides plenty of room for play, meals, and hanging out. We even enjoyed the quality of the linens and towels. Thanks again!
This house was a great home base for our trip to San Francisco. It is located on a quiet street near Golden Gate park. From the house it was a short drive to the Fisherman's Wharf area, AT&T Park, the Presidio, Sausalito. and other areas of the city/area.
The house itself is very roomy and well-maintained with four bedrooms with plenty of closet/drawer space, two full baths (and a half bath), a full kitchen, a large, sunny living room, a big dining area and a laundry room. It was perfect for our family of five as we had plenty of room to spread out after long days of vacation togetherness! The short driveway was key in that we had an assured parking spot in front of the house.
Lan was an excellent host. She was right on sending us information on how to find and access the house, she provided lists of good neighborhood restaurants, shops and services and checked in with us throughout the trip to make sure all was well.
I would recommend this house and would book it again
Everyone enjoyed our stay in the City. Having lived in San Francisco staying in a hotel would not have felt right. Being all together has always been important to this family. Our vacations have always a large beech house. Thanks for the use of your lovely home.
The owners are very responsive- always texted or called when I had a question, and were very helpful.
The house is a much loved family home, in a fantastic location close to both Golden Gate Park and The Presidio. We could walk to restaurants and markets, playgrounds and even a public Disc Golf course.
The house description says 'family friendly'- and it was. We went with 2 couples and 2 toddlers. The owners had permanent baby gate mountings on the top and bottom stairs- all we had to do was slip in the gates. The kids were in heaven- there were lots of kids books on the shelves (books in every room!) .There was a play tent, a blackboard with chalk, as well as an electric keyboard at their height. For adults- the wifi worked great, and while there are TVs we never even tried them.
The house was clean and comfortable. The kitchen was stocked with every appliance, pot, pan and utensil you'd need.
Having the driveway available to park our rental car made a huge difference- we never had to look for parking.
Thank you for a terrific vacation.
The house is very convenient. Lan was empathetic and took care of all our needs as if we were family. The kids loved the place and we all enjoyed San Francisco and the park nereby. I strongly recommend staying at Lan's place.
Very good experience! The owner is very responsive and helpful. The Wi-Fi is super fast. The location is perfect. We would consider the house if we come back to this area.
Golden Gate Park: walk 1 min (Bluegrass festival, Summer events, Botanical garden, De Young Museum, Academy of Science, Japanese tea garden, Rose garden, lakes, Conservatory of flowers, playgrounds and tennis courts, Buffalo paddock).
Pacific ocean: drive 5 mins (Large beaches, The Cliff house, Sutro Baths, the Beach Chalet).
Land’s End (the best spots and trial to see Golden Gate Bridge): drive 4 mins.
Legion of Honor/Golf: drive 4 mins.
Presidio (Golden Gate National Park): drive 3 min (Baker beach, Crissy field, Museums under the Bridge…).
New China towns (Clement or Irvine): drive 4 mins or walk 15 mins.
Restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Russian, American, Italian, Ethiopian…) : walk 5 to 10 mins.
Japan town, China town, Marina, Castro, Hayes Valley, Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Bridge, Zoo, Moscone Convention Center are all short drives...
Downtown: Bus 20 mins (Fishman’s wharf; Union square, cable cars…).
Easy access to Napa, Muir Wood, Monterey, Yosemite, Tahoe...
Other Activities: Shopping, local events, sightseeing, eating, relaxing.
This neighborhood can be a good vacation base comparing to others, it has below benefits:
1) Surrounded three sides by Golden Gate Park, Pacific Ocean, and the Presidio. There are many wonderful attractions nearby: Japanese tea garden, Botanical garden, Science Museum, De Young Museum, Cliff house, Sutra bath, Land's end, Baker beach, Golden Gate Bridge.
2) It's very quiet and safe comparing to downtown. Parking is easy everywhere.
3) It's very easy to get to downtown (Bus #5, #31, #38, #29 right nearby).
4) There are several interesting streets, Clement st. and Irving st. (so called new China towns), Geary blvd, Height st. etc. Walking along those streets can be very interesting.
5) There are all sort of restaurants in the neighborhoods, some are the best in SF.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 1 2016 - Jul 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
For more than 6 persons, $50 will be charged per person per night.