GO TO VRBO #816319 TO BOOK!! SAME GREAT COTTAGE. NEW VRBO NUMBER.
This upscale, hurricane resistant vacation home, completed in September 2006, situated on the best spot on the Alabama coastline offers discerning vacationers the best there is to enjoy a quiet relaxed time on the beach. The home has been specifically designed to cater to all those little things you would have wanted in order to provide for a hassle free time on the beach. Gulf Shores and adjacent Orange Beach to the east are rapidly expanding 'tourist towns' and offer all the typical amenities expected from Gulf of Mexico beach resorts.
A $500 security deposit is required to guarantee the reservation. This deposit will be refunded within 7 days from the end of the stay, provided there is no damage or staining of the premises. Dogs are permitted with a strict maximum of 2 dogs. A $50 dog fee will be added to the rental.
To view the terms and conditions of rental please scroll down past 'Owner Information' until you see 'Links to more Information' By clicking here you will be able to read the terms and conditions of rental.
WE OPENED THE GUEST BOOK FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS VRBO WEBSITE IN MARCH 2009. THE SYSTEM IS CONTROLLED BY VRBO AND HOMEAWAY/CONNECT. OWNERS CAN ENTER COMMENTS MADE BY GUESTS IN THE 'GUEST BOOK' AT THE COTTAGE. WE HAVE SELECTED A FEW AND ENTERED THEM INTO THIS VRBO COMMENT SECTION. ALL CAN BE AUTHENTICATED IF NECESSARY.
On one of the quietest sections of beach and being able to step down onto the white sands while staying in an upscale home, that is designed for living at the beach, is probably as idyllic as it can get.
We so enjoyed our visit to your shore! Thanks for making our stay so "homey". We lacked for nothing. Ralph, we truly enjoyed the lesson of the turtles - you are such a gracious host!
I had high hopes when I booked this fun getaway for my Sister's Birthday and it delivered in a BIG WAY!! So much attention to detail and comfort. Beautiful views of the coast. The house is sitting at the end of a row of houses that sit close to the beach making it ideal for beach walks all and night. New builds have to be further back so you can see all the way down the beach. This was the first time I brought our pups to the beach and they had a wonderful time. Thank you Mainstay for making this a wonderful vacation for all of us!
When we arrived the view took my breath away. The house is adorable, very beach themed. Once we got there I didn't want to leave. House is roomy and open. Hoses everywhere, which was a plus. Puzzles, games, toys, movies right at your finger tips, bathroom and shower outside well thought out. I got a kick out of the turtle nesting spot right outside the bottom deck. The way the house is setup you get the sunrise and the sunset over the gulf, beautiful . I would rent again. Thank you Mainstay Cottage.
We spent a week at Mainstay Cottage in October 2015. We found the accommodations to be top notch and were very pleased.
1. The location is perfect. It is a gulf-front house, not gulf-view, waterfront, etc.. There is nothing between the house and the ocean. It is on the closest row of houses AND it is on the end of a row.
2. The house set up was very nice. It has great window exposure of the ocean from inside. We used the outdoor deck quite a bit when we needed to duck under some shade. Our dog loved the deck and it is very secure from a pet standpoint.
3. The house was very clean. The AC worked great. There are flat screen TV's everywhere, 2 DVRs and a DVD player. The kitchen was well appointed. The ice maker is what my ice maker wants to be when it grows up. Seriously, it should be tested for steroids.
4. Parking is in the shade. The carport area is very clean. No splinters. The owner has placed hoses in 4 places to make washing off easy.
5. Keyless lock makes it easy to come and go and keeps the house secure while one is on the beach.
6. Probably the cleanest rental I have ever had.
7. I only have one minor complaint: The owner has DirecTV which has hundreds of channels and can be cumbersome to scroll through. Unfortunately there are no ESPN (or other sports) channels available. I realize that I didn't go the beach to watch sports, but I would have loved to have DVR'd my favorite college football team's ESPN game and some major league baseball playoff games (Fox Sports) and watch later, fast forwarding through commercials, when off the beach for the day.
When we return to Fort Morgan, this is where I want to stay.
We could not have been happier with our rental decision! The house is well maintained; so many details have been thought of - down to the bedside rugs/mats for brushing any remaining debris off your feet before climbing into bed! Loved all the hosing off options and the outdoor shower/potty was one of the main draws of the house and became our favorite amenity! House was well-stocked with games/puzzles/activities/movies/books. Kitchen was also well stocked which was helpful since we ate all meals in. The beach is ideal being so near and we saw dolphins from the house nearly every day. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation!
First time in GS and the house had everything we could ever need for our beach vacation. Clean, well maintained, lots of hosing off areas for our sandy feet and a totally cool outdoor shower/bathroom that my son claimed as his own. We liked that we were a short drive from the "downtown" area of Gulf Shores which has a huge wonderful grocery store where we stocked up for the week, Publix. Our beach never seemed overcrowded at any point, we always had a huge area for ourselves and our dog. Can not imagine anyone staying here and not enjoying themselves.
We absolutely loved this home! It is so clean and beautiful. Loved all of the details they have in the house. They've thought of everything. The beach is so clean and manicured. We did have a huge storm while we were there and we felt safe in the house. Its very well constructed. I would definitely return to this house and recommend it to others. In fact I did - on the beach!
Great area for birding. Dolphins are often seen from the cottage. Gulf Shores is a tourist town with numerous amenities, restaurants and shopping.
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Bookings are only accepted for a 7 day period and only from a Saturday to the following Saturday
Check in times are after 3:00 pm on the arrival and before 9:00 am on day of departure.
Refundable amounts will be made within 7 days of departure. If the guest would like to make a future booking a request to retain the deposit may be made prior to departure date.