|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Kona Riviera Villas is twenty minutes south of Kona Int'l Airport and is an easy 1.5 walking distance south of downtown Kona. Your condo is just a short distance from Magic Sands Beach a local body surfing favorite and Kahalu’u Beach Park known for sea turtle viewing and some of the best snorkeling on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Recently remodeled, this one bedroom-one bath condo is Absolute Ocean Front! A quiet complex... all you hear is waves that lull you to sleep! A full sized washer and dryer inside unit for your convenience too. If you like to watch the surf and hear it at its best, this is the place. Unit #102 is the most private unit at Kona Riviera.
3 Night Minimum Stay-10 during Ironman & Christmas Season.
This is a non-smoking unit with a secured entry gate as you enter this small 12 unit complex.
Kona Riviera Villa #102 is the most private unit in the complex. Downstairs and direct oceanfront, not just oceanview from upstairs toward the middle of the complex. You will hear the sounds of the ocean not just see them from a distance.
We had a great time in Kona Riviera Unit #102. The most important attribution of this unit is its proximity to the water. It is literally right on the surf. The lanai is where you want to be - we watched whales, dolphins, turtles, eels, surfers, sailboats, fishing and excursion boats and various birds - all from the comfort of the lanai. The location was great - handy to town - a half-hour walk to nice restaurants. Three miles in the opposite direction provided great snorkeling.
To make the unit even better, we'd suggest some shelving in the bath and bedroom. While we were there, new landscaping improvements were made and a new fence was installed. Even with these activities, we enjoyed the private, quiet setting (quiet, except for the wonderful sound of the surf).
Having spent two weeks, we would definitely recommend the unit for any visitors who enjoy the water, wildlife and views in a relatively quiet and private setting. Just remember space is limited - more than two occupants is a little tight - and we wouldn't recommend it for more than a family (or very close friends) of more than a total of four. We plan to return!
Love this space! Perfect view with the ocean crashing right in front of you! Turtles, spinner dolphins, whales and surfers daily! Pool is wonderful and clean and the property managers are so helpful and have great recommendations if needed. We brought 2 small children and everyone was so kind (even if a tantrum occurred). I highly recommend this condo - thank you!
Fantastic. Great location. Friendly condo neighbors. Smallish pool but there are options in Kailua Kona (and of course there is the ocean)
Close to everything. Had all amenities you would ever need. Well worth the price and morr
We had a great time in the condo. The lanai was perfect and we spent most of our time out there when we were at the condo. The outdoor cushions were a little dirty, but comfortable. The kitchen was nicely furnished with everything we needed to fix our meals.When we were there it was more humid than our past visits to Hawaii and an air conditioner for when we were sleeping would of been nice. But all in all it was a great place to stay.
We stayed in this beautiful condo the first week of September. We really loved how private this particular unit is. It is really ocean front!! Even though the bedroom is in back of the unit, you can hear the waves crashing! The kitchen is well equipped. High end dishes and cookware. Having a washer and dryer is key! There are beach towels, fins, snorkel gear, beach chair and boogie board. The pool is very nice and many times, we were the only ones there. Take advantage of the gas grill by the pool. Enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sunset! Oh, and just off the lanai you can see the eels come out at night! Simply magical!
This place was perfect and absolutely the best of the Big Island! Great place to make your home base to explore the rest of the island, and you can't get any closer to the ocean than this place! We are planning to come back in the winter.
The condo had everything we needed and more. Super comfy bed and good pull out in the living room.
Here are some of the (duh) things we learned from our trip:
1. Go to the condo FIRST before you stop for food if you are planing on cooking. The condo had a lot of condiments that we didn't need to buy. Don't buy anything for breakfast that you have to cook. The kitchen gets really warm as we should have expected, its July in Hawaii ; ). Stick to yogurts, maybe bagels and fresh fruit. Plus you won't eat nearly as much as you do at home, you just don't.
2. The condo is gated and locked. If its going to be warm consider leaving the doors open with the screen shut, you get a great cross breeze in this unit.
3. Eat outside, EVERY time, its an incredible view, nothing beats it!
4. If you plan on swimming the salt water can be harsh on the skin and especially hair. Bring extra moisturizing conditioner, consider a swim cap, bring body butter and Dermalogica Skin Repair for sun burns.
5. You are closer to the sun in Hawaii so its harsher. If you are susceptible to burning come prepared (bring your favorite sun repair). Pure Aloe 100% is awesome too but we couldn't find any in the 6 stores we tried. Dermalogica is great fast acting, healing and soothing sun repair.
6. Of course you will be watching the sunsets (INCREDIBLE!) but don't miss out on the eels in the tide pool directly outside your lanai. They come out at dusk and are so cool! Oh and the black crabs are great too!
7. BBQ! Use the grill for everything. Most days it was pretty quiet at the pool and we had it all to ourselves, other days we were in the company of very friendly neighbors. BBQ and watch the sunset with a warm breeze, and if you accompany it with an icy cocktail even better!
If you eat out try Umeke's AWESOME poke and grilled FRESH FRESH fish! Big Island Grill for local luau traditional food. Skip the expensive luau and go to Big Island Grill and drive to Mauna Lani on a Monday at 6:00 for a FREE hula show and lessons, lots of fun.
- I'm out of characters lol. IT WAS AWESOME!
Our condo is just 1.5 miles from town & about 1.5 miles from White Sands beach.
Golf: There are 20 magnificent Golf Courses to choose from on The Big Island. Including Hualalai Golf Club, Kona Country Club (just 9 minutes away, 3.84 miles), Mauna Kea Golf Course, Waikoloa Resort Golf-Kings Course & More......
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
|Departure Cleaning fee||$125|