|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Terrasol unit 231.
This beautiful condominium is in one of Baja's most exclusive private, gated condominium complexes, away from the timeshare salesmen and beachfront hecklers. Terrasol is located on the tip of Land's End.
The Terrasol complex is a luxury, low-rise development built on the beach with spectacular views of the beautiful blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and of the unique surrounding rock formations. It is renowned for being exclusive and perfectly located, within easy walking distance of the Marina and town. Enjoy active days and quiet nights watching the stars – or party all night.
Cabo San Lucas features some of the world's greatest deep sea fishing, and offers six golf courses; three of them 'world class'.
This inviting and desirable second floor condo, which will accommodate 4 comfortably, affords you beautiful views of the Pacific from every room. We are located just steps from the ocean, next to both ocean front pools, the palapa bar with swim up seating and the restaurant. If you want to whale watch or just enjoy the sun and fun, Cabo and Terrasol in particular is where you want to be. There is something for everyone in Cabo.
With over 1650 sq. ft. of living space, this two bedroom, two bath condo has been newly painted and updated with all new beds/mattresses and offers a well stocked kitchen with all the amenities of home.
There’s never a bad day in Cabo!
We've been drawn to Cabo San Lucas for many years through friends and vacations. Lifestyle, unlimited activities, great weather and wonderful people finally convinced us to purchase a second home in Cabo. Come share our dream and make some of your own.
Nancy Paya purchased this condo in 2008
Everything exceeded our expectations with the condo.
"For everything you get, you give something up."
WHAT YOU GET:
- perfect location with short walk to marina and tons of restaurants
- excellent beach with no peddlers and even few travelers - though you can't swim the waves are awesome to watch
- just steps to both pools and bar - doesn't matter if you forget something in the room
- balconies are great - we loved happy hour watching the sun go down
- nice people everywhere including staff and residents
- no need to "reserve a chair" at the pool - so great to have less people around vs at the resorts!!!
- walk over the mountain to lover's/divorce beach
- beautiful views of the ocean without the skidoos!
WHAT YOU GIVE UP:
- As a Minnesotan, the condo felt more like staying in a "rustic older cabin". Though I understand the Mexican flavor referenced in other reviews, it is just a nice way of saying dated decor. It gave the feeling of not being clean, although it maybe was.
- The furniture was not comfortable. After a long day of walking and sun, you want to relax and it was difficult...especially for 4 people.
- There were ants on the floor and counter most of the week in both baths. In order to spray the front desk said we needed owner permission. We decided not to risk poison where we brush our teeth so didn't ask - not to mention we were very disconnected due to vacation. It was the most annoying part for sure!
- Though AC is not usually needed, we were there during an unusually hot period and wanted the AC the last couple of nights, but it didn't work the last night and be careful about leaving the front door open as there are mosquitos as my husband's arm was bit up. The screen door on the other patio was not repaired so you can't even leave that door open. We were very disappointed that the ants and screen door issues were not addressed per reviews we read.
- The fan in the master BR is either on fast or off. Would have been nice to have a middle setting. Not an expensive change.
- I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5 star atmosphere, but it was barely a 3 in my opinion. It just is not well maintained or managed.
In summary, we loved the location and Cabo again for the 3rd time, but am not sure it is worth giving up the room experience we look for on vacation as well. It's all what you want and it's pretty impossible to have it all...just wanted to put the facts out there so others can choose :)
Condo was well equipped and in a perfect location. Watched whales, sunrise, and sunset on the beach. Palapa Bar has good, fresh food and Margarita's at a good price. Very happy with our stay.
This was our 5th visit to Terrasol, each time staying in a different condo and this condo compared nicely. I'll start with addressing some of the issues mentioned in the previous review. This condo is spacious with nice décor which is true to Mexican flavor, comfortable furniture and beds (did not feel any were outdated), tons of towels, sheets, extra pillows, etc. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes and utensils and a nice bar cabinet with beautiful glassware. The ceiling fans all worked but we did not use often, even in the 90 deg. weather, because of the delightful cross-breezes throughout the condo. Also, we could have used the air conditioner or one of the several standing fans available. Brand new microwave, no problem with kitchen sink (or ants), shower has been repaired, and screens were in good shape. I do agree that the bathroom tiling and grout should be redone and the water pressure was pretty wimpy, the cabinetry is heavy and outdated thus the 4 star rating as opposed to a 5.
The 2 decks, each facing a different direction, provided wonderful options for sun or shade and choice of views. Whales every day! The condo was spacious, private, and comfortable. Just steps away from the palapa pool or the second pool and the beach. The owner was fantastic to work with and we hope to return to this condo again.
The owners are probably the nicest folks in the world. However, the master shower leaks into the condo below it and is thus unusable. All the tile and grout in the condo need replacing. The kitchen sink drain is mounted wrong and the sink doesn't drain (sugar ant swimming pool). The dishwasher is the loudest I have ever heard (its amazing). The TV is smaller than my computer screen and gave me a headache squinting to focus on it. All the furniture needs replacing (28 years was a good run). The ceiling fans are shot (swelled up blades and rusty metal), the one in the living room growls(mounted wrong) and the bedroom fan only has one speed and quite a bit of fuzz and rust growing on it. The microwave does not work at all and the nice new little tiny fridge needs the hinges switched. The big sliding screen door jumps the track regularly and is extremely hard to fix! The main entry door has no screen and must be closed early or you will get mosquitos and they will keep you awake all damn night (that sucked much)!! There is only about 8 psi of water pressure (but you can drink it).
We would have left if we thought we could have gotten our money back from the owners. My wife and I do carpentry for a living and my mom and dad (a retired welder) are not picky people. We worked hard to save up for our trip and it was sad as hell that the owners of this condo did not care for it, or us, enough to do the basic maintenance!!!
On the up side. The humming birds were cool. The location was very nice. The palapa bar was nice and very reasonable. There were no venders bugging us at Terrasol.
We stayed two weeks and we had one maid service and no phone calls or other charges. The front desk billed us $350 usd for maid service and $20/day fee.
This was our fourth trip to Cabo and this was our first real bummer. A little maintenance would go a really long way on this unit.
For our first trip to Cabo we may have hit the jackpot staying at Terrasol in this unit. Our stay there was punctuated by perfect Xmas weather, great treatment by the staff and owners. the only problem now is negotiating when and how to return for another visit.
The house (calling it a unit or condo undervalues the completeness of the home stay quality of this place) made a perfect home away for me, my wife, and two teenage daughters. The owners who themselves stay several weeks and months throughout the year, clearly maintain the unit for comfort and ease. A large pantry space, amply stocked with pots, pans, and dishes made cooking during our 9 day stay a breeze.
The location is great. The second floor space is well aired and offers views to the pool(s) and Oceans from either side. Sunrise from one side and sunsets from the other. Which translates to offer Sun/shade from the comfort of the private balconies at any time.
The beach is terrific, and only a short walk from town. Quiet area that is only accessible from private drives. Gotta make it back sometime soon.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed and without prior notice.