|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
This 40m² apartment is perfectly adapted for 2. It sleeps a maximum of 4 guests with the good quality leather sofa bed. It is located on the 1st floor (with elevator). The apartment has been recently refurbished.
Located in a stone building, the apartment offers 5 tall and large double glazed windows with open view on trees.
On entering the apt, a corridor leads to the bedroom and bathroom on the right and the main living area straight on.
The main leaving area is wide. It offers :
• A living room area with convertible leather sofa for 2 and a low table,,
• TV and a small stereo for Iphones/Ipads.
• a “bistrot” table for breakfast ( 5 chairs available )
• a large bar with 4 stools where on can easily have dinner.
• a kitchen behind the bar
• it is lit by 3 large windows with curtains and metallic shades
The bedroom is directly linked to the nice bathroom. It offers a queen size bed, a large closet, a small desk and a bookshelf. Sunlight bathes the bed by 10 am.
The large bathroom ( for Parisian standard) offers a bathtub with shower, toilets and a sink & mirrors. It is worth noting that is has a large a tall window with curtains obviously.
The apt location is a perfect base to visit Paris : based in the heart of the old Paris, facing Notre Dame and the trendy Ile saint Louis with, at walking distance, the Marais where are the best clothes shops of Paris. The Sorbonne University, the famous Jardin des Plantes, the Pantheon, the arenes de Lutece, Luxembourg garden and the Cluny Museum of Medieval arts are all steps away. Cross the street and stroll along the banks of the Seine, enjoy a drink on one of the many barges or dance Tango in the “Tino Rossi” square in summer evening time.
It stays 10 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming and restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums.
- The Latin Quarter area and the neighbouring Saint Germain area are very lively and full of restaurants, cafés, Jazz clubs, cinemas and trendy shops.
- The Latin Quarter is a very lively area. Walk to “Rue Mouffetard” & “place de la Contrescarpe” to have an outside dinner, stroll in the nearby and beautiful “Jardin du Luxembourg”, visit Ile Saint Louis, Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Pantheon, the Sorbonne university, le “Paradis Latin” Cabaret and the Saint Germain area. One finds plenty of restaurants, shops, cinemas and many cultural sites to visit.
It is the main residence of owners daughter. She rents it when away.
Property Manager/Owner purchased this apartment in 2000
Quartier latin is the best central location in Paris, and so typically Parisian.
If you have ever wandered the streets of Paris (particularly the Latin quarter) and dreamed of living like a Parisian in one of those beautiful apartments - then this is your chance. Situated on the first floor floor (there is a lift if required) and on a street corner, the apartment kitchen/living area has 3 great windows - so lots of light and street views. When the windows are open you can enjoy all the sounds of a bustling Paris street - close the windows and it is quiet and calm. The apartment was very comfortable, a good size, well equipped, clean and well maintained. Self service check in and check out was very clear and straightforward. Responses from the host were prompt, efficient and friendly. Other reviews have mentioned the shower, the bed and the security refund. The shower has a side screen and keeping the water from falling directly onto this screen stops water dripping onto the floor - this is quite manageable and the shower pressure is great. The shower is located in the bath and the bath is quite high so this may not suit people with mobility issues. The bed was a good size and very comfortable. It is low to the ground on a proper bed frame (not on the ground) The washing machine worked perfectly and if drying clothes quickly is an issue, there is a laundromat next door. Our deposit was refunded within 4 working days of our stay. Overall - this is a great apartment in a wonderful location (very close to a Metro station and bus stops). We would certainly stay there again and recommend it to friends.
we spent a month in the apartment and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We should start with Location, Location, Location! The apartment is perfectly located for visiting central Paris. The Metro and bus stops are next door, the grocer across the street and the Maubert market and Boulangerie a half block away. The restaurants of the Latin quarter are but a short walk, as is Notre Dame, the Pantheon, Luxembourg gardens and of course, the St. Germain shops, which are a short bus or metro ride away.
We loved sitting by the windows with our morning coffee or a drink in the afternoon watching the activity on the street below.
We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.
My husband and I really enjoyed our recent stay here and found it perfectly suited for two people. The living/dining/kitchen area was a nice size and we had everything we needed in the kitchen. The windows overlook Blvd Saint-Germain and we had fun people-watching when we weren't out and about. The location is terrific with many shops and cafes within a short walk. It's also right by a metro station and there are numerous bus stops close by. It was great being able to grab a fresh baguette, fruit, cheese, and wine within a two minute walk of the apartment. Also, there's an ATM machine just downstairs and a laundromat as well. There is a washer and drying rack in the bathroom but it was very nice to have dryers close by.
The bedroom is a tight squeeze to get around the bed but we managed and it was comfortable for sleeping. There's ample storage space in the bedroom and lots of shelves in the bathroom. The main reason I'm giving only 4 stars is the shower. It is impossible to take a stand-up shower without getting water all over the floor, walls, and toilet and the bathroom shows sign of this wear and tear. Overall we really liked the apartment, especially the location and the front living area.
We enjoyed our stay at Beauvais. The apartment is a great vacation. We loved the 5 windows in the apartment and the view of the street and surrounding apartments. We loved being close to Place Maubert. The furniture in the apartment is serviceable. The apartment has a modern feeling. The restaurants and shops in the area are not noisy at all. We would stay in the area again, if for no other reason than Laurent Dubois nearby. Some people might appreciate the small elevator for carrying baggage. The building itself is very quiet. We would definitely stay again at the apartment, depending on availability.
We have enjoyed our stay in the apartment very much. It is in a great location, in the heart of the Latin Quarter. The apartment itself is very clean and comfortable, in a quiet building. The check-in and check-out procedures are very simple as well. I highly recommend this place for a stay in Paris. We will definitely go back.
If you have a hard time getting down on the floor to go to bed, this apt. is not for you. My husband and I stayed here in May and the location is great but the apt. needs some thoughtful upgrades, like putting the bed on a frame so you don't have to break your knees to get into it. The bedroom itself is not much larger than the bed and there are no dressers so pack light. The TV never worked (even though we called the number for help) but fortunately the view out the window was entertainment enough. In retrospect, for the price we paid, we should have stayed in a nice hotel with complimentary breakfast and slept much more comfortably. Also, it's much smaller than the pictures show.
- We may accept 3 days stays : simply send us a mail for 4 days and add actual dates in the comment.
-Additionally, we would like to mention:
• Electricity, heating is included (not included only in case of monthly rental).
• Internet is included
• Phone is free to many destinations (US, Canada landlines & cells please ask for details)
• Full end of stay cleaning is mandatory and charged additionally 84€ (includes Linen&Towels)
• Paris City tax of 0,83€/day/guest is charged extra on behalf of Paris City
- Tax/Handling charges will depend on payment way
- Rates may change at any time. Rates vary depending on season, nbr of guests if applicable, occupation & owner.
- Damage protection will be requested with 2nd and last payment
- Our cancelation policy might differ from that of VRBO, please contact us directly to know more.
- Note that this site automatic estimated quote system calculates rents in a basic way : it may result in higher quote for 6 days than for 7 days or other discrepancies. Therefore, we may resend a detailed quote with description, & process via mail.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.