|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Work of art, award winning design, 7 bedroom house with private courtyard pool and terrace in Rehoboth Beach, DE, one mile to beach. 2 story dining room with fireplace seats 12 comfortably. Chef kitchen with marble center island with prep sink, wine cooler and ice maker. Adjacent 2 story living room with home theater and French doors opening to courtyard. The lines between indoor and outdoor are blurred by the 27 glass French doors throughout home, most overlooking or opening to stunning landscaped pool and hot tub terrace with wall of glass. Enjoy Al Fresco dining in the courtyard while the sounds of soothing water descending from the waterfall transport you to a private paradise resort. First floor includes kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms with jack and jill bathroom, master suite with mini bar, 3 head shower and shower deck, powder room and laundry room. 2nd floor features 3 bedrooms with bathrooms, 2 decks, 2nd laundry room. 2nd floor garage in-law suite includes huge bedroom with bathroom and mini kitchen.
This stunning home is contemporary furnished by B&B Italia, Minotti, Baker, Mcguire, beautiful artwork, Murano chandeliers.
This home is the perfect beach retreat with the ultimate in luxury and design in Canal Corkran development of Rehoboth Beach, DE.
I built my dream house with a spacious courtyard with pool and waterfall being the center of the home...an extension of the indoors and bringing the outdoors in. When all the french doors are open, it feels like you are living in a resort, where there are no boudries between the outside and inside. My passion for architecture, art and cooking has influenced every part of the design of this home. As a real estate developer, I unsured the highest level quality in construcion and materials. I'm sure you will fall in love with this house as I have.
The Owner purchased this house in 2007
I have been coming to Rehoboth Beach for 25 years and wanted to build a house close enough to the beach, yet with enough property to build a large house with expansive pool courtyard. This setting is idealic with privacy near the end of a cul de sac bordered by woods, yet close enough to shops and dining in town. You can walk or bike to town which is under a mile, and a wonderful hiking, biking, jogging trail which goes from Rehoboth to Historic Lewis, is just one block from Canal Corkran. This is turly the best of all worlds in a Spa like setting.
My review is very late but that is no reflection on this wonderful home we rented June 2015.
We did encounter a major problem upon arrival that should not have happened but it was quickly taken care of.
The home is beautiful, very clean and spacious. We loved the pool! The pool was used daily by the adults and children. We were a party of 12 arriving from NY, GA, WA and IL. Since I was the person arranging the rental I was hoping the home met with everyone's approval. No complaints about the home or amenities from any of us. In fact we are starting to plan another trip to Rehoboth July 2017. Everyone wants to stay at this house again!
Thank you for a wonderful week in Rehoboth!
The house is exactly as the photos depict--beautiful inside and out!
Title should say it all. My wife and I, three married kids and their combined 6 kids - plus one nanny, yet once again, we had a fabulous week in a beautiful home. Everyone has their comfort, the open areas are simply wonderful and the courtyard pool seals the deal.
It took no time to get a consensus - everyone wants to return next year! Rehoboth is a wonderful destination - this was probably our 9th time there. While the first year I was concerned about having to drive, it's truly no big deal. Parking near the beach is easy with meters and all can be paid with your smartphone. Lots of restaurants ranging from family fare to fine dining. But at the end of the day, it is returning to the house, it's beauty, warmth and comfort, that makes the week that much more special.
David, we thank you again for the care you lavish on this home. And we're glad we finally got to meet. All the best-
The house was lovely and perfect to entertain a larger group. The pictures and description do the house justice, it is spacious and filled with many luxuries. We all enjoyed the size of the living room/kitchen, which happily accommodated our full party. The pool area is just delightful, with plenty of space to lounge or swim. We all had a wonderful time, and appreciated the opportunity to stay at such a lovely home. Thank you.
My family has stayed in many vacation rentals and this was best. The house was impeccably maintained both inside and out. The floors so clean that I didn't have issue with my toddler crawling around on them....there were even outlet covers on outlets as prevent measures. The pool maintenance person was finishing up pool and hot tub cleaning when we arrived and was very courteous, and suggested we call if we had any questions about the pool or hot tub during our stay. She left both in crystal clean condition. The house itself is a tranquil compound with complete privacy on a very quite street. Having a large family, everyone felt the roominess this house has to offer. We called the owner on one occasion as a light bulb went out during our stay in one of the bathroom fixture, and to my surprise he answered the phone on the first ring on a Saturday morning at 8:00AM (I was sure it was going to go into voice mail). He assured me it would be taken care of promptly, and sure enough, within 30 minutes his handyman was there to replace the bulb. My wife loves to cook and we were delighted that the house is fully stocked with spices and other cooking needs such as olive oils, etc.. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans, serving dishes and platters and and table settings for about 20! I can't say enough about this home and will certainly rent it again.
I booked this house for my wedding weekend to host my closest friends. I must admit that I was pretty embarrassed at times. I don't know if it was because I booked it during the "off season" that we had many issues. To be fair lets start with the positives, THE PROS:
- The house was made for entertaining. Great common spaces & awesome layout that allowed us hang together and still enjoy our separate rooms.
- The house had some great amenities (pool, jacuzzi, courtyard, etc)
- The dining room table was big enough to accommodate everyone. Often times a house will say it can sleep 14 but the dining table can only seat 8.
- They had lobster pots and lots of other nice items for us to use.
- There is some signs of aging and wear and tear but the rooms are still gorgeous and nicely decorated.
- When I called the owner to address the problems, while he was pretty unfriendly, he was willing to address some of the issues but it was an extreme inconvenience to be on the phone for one hour with a defensive home owner who obviously didn't realize he has staffing issues.
Now for the unpleasant part,THE CONS:
- I paid additional for the pool to be heated and not only was it dirty and covered but not turned on. He didn't offer me any refunds.
- I had to wait for the pool guy to come and uncover the pool. Not what I want to be doing on my wedding weekend. When I mentioned to the cleaner that they were tons of worms and leaves in the pool, he didn't blink an eye in telling me that a pool cleaning was not scheduled. Note to the owner schedule your pool cleaning before renting it out.
- The same with the jacuzzi. Filled with green slime.
- The house looked like it needed a proper cleaning. Dust bunnies, dirt, streaky windows, etc were an obvious sign that management needs to hire a new cleaner.
- None of the linens were on the bed so I initially assumed they were dirty. I know some places have different linen policies but none was indicated in the agreement, so I scrambled to cover all 7 bed myself before my guests arrived.
- Many issues with the bathrooms. The shower drain was clogged and one faucet wasn't working in the garage bedroom. Two sink drains didn't work properly and some bulbs in the bathrooms were out.
Now none of these issues would have been deal breakers on their own, but combined they were too many. The house deserves a 5 star but the management deserves 2 thus my 3 star rating.
Other Activities: Beach, community pool, boardwalk, arcade, state park, hiking, jogging, bike trail, shopping, dining.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 9 2016 - Sep 2 2016
7 night minimum stay
Jun 3 2017 - Sep 9 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Rates subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Pet fee is daily.