|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
A beautiful, charming colonial style house off of the Silverado Trail which contains some of the best wineries in Napa. New/modern amenities in this 1930's house. Luxury Aloe Vera mattresses with high thread count sheets. Walking distance to downtown with fantastic restaurants and entertainment. 2 blocks from the Oxbow Public Market, one Napa Valley's best attractions. To view additional photos please search Napa Yellow House. Yard includes charcoal BBQ, picnic seating and softub suitable for 4 people.
License #27748 and Permit # VR09-0036
In 2005 my husband and I were married in Napa Valley! We fell in love with the area so much that we purchased this house a year later. This is our vacation home when we want to get away from the city. Please come and enjoy our vacation home.
This home is very charming and close (within walking distance) to Main St. The house is decorated with cute pieces and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again!
We planned a trip to CA for my birthday and the first leg of our vacation in Napa. I am so glad and lucky to have found the Napa Yellow house. It is the most charming, most quaint, cutest place in Napa. It's close to everything in the area, walking distance even, which makes it super convenient. The house itself is adorable we enjoyed breakfast on the patio every morning and dips in the hot tub at night. What a fabulous place to stay. I'm the type to find vacation spots and repeat them yearly (hopefully more frequently than that) and I will DEFINITELY be back!
I have been coming to Napa for the last 5 years to participate in the Napa to Sonoma 1/2 marathon. This was my second time renting the Yellow House - I would be heart broken if its not available next year! Although I may need to come at another time due to the fact the more I talk about Napa and the Yellow House - the more family member want to tag along!!! Highly recommend to all groups.
So comfortable and quiet. The beds are perfect and the house had everything we needed as far as staying in and cooking. The back patio is so nice to sit and enjoy wine and conversation.
My one mishap (OF MY OWN DOING) was getting locked out -and owner and staff were so quick and kind to help me out!!!
We try to do one extra exciting thing while we're in CA. besides all the wonderful restaurants and wineries. Are great restaurant find this year was Tarla. Delicious!!!! Last year was zip lining the Redwoods. This year we did a day trip out to Coppola Winery (its a bit of a drive but so worth it) - had reservations for use of the pool there - WONDERFUL!!!
Looking forward to our next visit to the Napa Yellow House.
my girlfriend and I had an absolute blast at the napa yellow house, it was in good proximity to both napa and sonoma, both of which we spent days at, as well as some nice restaurants and markets for breakfast food when you just want to stay in to eat in the morning.
We had no problems what so ever as we found the house to be cozy and and had plenty of the amenities one would need for an extended stay.
After a day of wine tasting and brewery touring it was really nice to spend the evenings in the hot tub outside sipping more wine in privacy as it is nicely fenced in and out of view of the neighbors.
Everything inside was clean and ready for us when we got here, they are running a top notch operation and cant stress how much i recommend staying here if you are planning on visiting wine country.
We WILL be back ASAP.
A few things to note:
On the other side of the bridge from downtown (only 10-15 min walk the!)
Beds are super comfy with amaaaazing bedding, but they are fairly soft mattresses
Hot tub is more like inflatable adult bath, but works if that's cool with you :-)
Seemed like a lot of cleaning requests when the cleaning fee is already kinda high
We enjoyed our stay immensely and are thankful that we found everything as advertised!
Ok, this place was just not for us, and let me list the reasons why:
1. VERY small. It was just my wife and I, and we felt very cramped in this tiny structure. We have stayed in places this small before, but this house is not cute or quaint -- it is just rundown and sad.
2. Every towel provided was VERY old and smelled strongly of mildew. Not sure why they all smelled like mildew, but they did, so badly that we had to buy a couple of new towels to get through our five day stay. It's really time for the owner to invest in some new towels.
3. Appears that this place has not been updated for at least 10 years. The furniture in the living room consists of a tiny thrift store style love seat that barely seats two, and a matching chair. Oh, and a beat up wooden coffee table. Everything looks threadbare and overused. The decor in the master bedroom is basically two old nightstands and a couple of hideous pictures on the walls that look like they came from a low rent garage sale.
4. Seriously, we're not big TV watchers but this is ridiculous -- one super outdated TV that is tiny, and it takes three remotes to get it working. Has the owner not heard of a universal remote? The instructions (as well as all the rest of the info on the house and surrounding area) is in this dogeared old photo album thing that looks like it's circa 1978 and has been handled by who knows how many people over the years. Honestly, you can't get a new house book?
5. And most importantly, DO NOT be fooled by the photo of the bathroom on this site. It is SO SMALL that there is no way two adults can be in there at the same time - in fact it is difficult for one person to be in there due to lack of any counter space.
I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. This place is just neglected and rundown, there was some random pile of wood and stuff just off the drive way, I mean, there's just nothing here that says the owner cares at all about the guests who stay at her property. I mean, why not at least provide free coffee? Or towels that are comfortable and smell clean? Or spend a little money on the decor so it's a bit more cheerful? We have rented two other houses in Napa and both were very nice -- this one may have been the worst place we have ever stayed in, and we have been married 12 years and are not rich -- we knew the house would be small, but lordy, there's a a difference between small and cute, and small and miserable. Rent at your own risk.
An hour to San Francisco.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Apr 1 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning Fee||$125 + Tax|
An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required to secure the reservation. The balance is forty-five (45) days before your arrival. There is a 4% surcharge if you pay by credit card, no fee if you pay by check.