We invite you to call this special place your home.
Definition of baraka
: a blessing that is regarded in various Eastern religions as an indwelling spiritual force and divine gift inhering in saints, charismatic leaders, and natural objects.
Become immersed in a creative and inspiring space that will touch your soul.
Emblematic of Antigua's historic style & Betraying of world travel influences.
Take time for yourself!
Why come to Baraka Antigua?
A getaway from Antigua's charming buzz. Looking for serenity whilst maintaining easy access to the colonial city? Baraka Antigua is minutes away. Jardines de Antigua is our neighborhood - peaceful, beautiful, safe.
Choose from numerous intimate spaces to occupy - both indoors and outdoors with over a dozen shared spaces: informal kitchen gathering space, panoramic rooftop terrace, fireside lounge sofas, formal dining table, library reading corner, yoga&meditation room, relaxing front porch rocking chairs, garden coffee table corners, traditional Guatemalan sauna, garden dining room, outdoor lounge & sweetheart coffee table.
- Garden: aesthetic, colorful, tropical, fish pond, plants, mural, green bamboo wall, jasmine.
- Yoga&Meditation room: symbolism, colors, chakras, energy, 5 elements, peacefulness, light & darkness, candles & incense.
- Library corner: inspiring, fiction, healing, reality, beauty, humanity, living, serenity.
- Moroccan lounge: travel, exotic, romanticism, music, informal connections, bohemian, evenings in good company, escape to another world.
- Front porch rocking chairs: candles, garden views, sheltered, outside, glass of wine, conversations, scents of the night, read a book.
- Kitchen: heart of the house, social hub, home grown organic coffee, cook at home.
Each room is unique. All rooms are calm and comfortable, most with en-suite facilities.
On our Rooftop Terrace: watch erupting volcanoes from the best vantage point! Savour mesmerizing scenery over your breakfast while sitting with your morning coffee soaking in the view of the volcanoes and dissipating mists as the sun rises above the hills.
We love the social buzz - inviting you to connect with some new friends:
- cute (yet discreet) garden hens,
- tropical bees: reassuringly they are stingless! They are much smaller than regular bees, often mistaken for funny flies. See if you can find the different beehives and let use know!
- our garden cat: Indie! She talks a lot and is rather social. She lives outside, but will come inside if invited.
Nowadays with our often complicated lives, luxury lies in simplicity.
After you complete your reservation with us, we will offer logistical services for booking:
- private transportation/taxi
- private tours
- at home massage
- at home sauna experience
- at home Guatemalan Cooking classes
- home-cooked breakfast, lunch and/or dinner
- pre-arrival shopping
- at home spanish classes
- Guatemalan organic coffee grown by the property owner
- any other private service you may require
More than a building - where the sum of the parts deliver so much more! Nourish yourself from the wholeness of the spaces here. Please visit our other magical rentals on Lake Atitlán.
We also offer retreat hosting facilities on Lake Atitlán: teachers/facilitators please inquire.
All parts of house. Some cupboard spaces have been locked with owners private belongings.
Interaction with Guests:
On occasions we will have the opportunity to meet. You will otherwise be greeted by JB, the house manager. Nancy our housekeeper will come to the house multiple times per week to assume her duties of cleaning and putting order around the house. Gerwin, our garden and handyman, will also be present during week week days
The neighborhood is Antigua-like (cobbled stone street) yet 1.5 miles out of town center (less than 1 mile from the edge of town). It is very quiet around here - hearing countryside like night critters, roosters, different owls sometimes. No main road pass within hearing distance.
I would definitely encourage you to visit some of the neighboring colonial village around Antigua. Maybe we'll take a trip there together. They are so much more low key than Antigua... One almost gets a feeling of a forgotten era of Spanish colonialism when walking around some of the old main squares with pristine churches [... well sometimes crumbling... But still...]
I offer use of a vehicle. You can also walk to/from town (25mins) or take a tuktuk back (a few minutes).
• Not safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
• Not suitable for pets
• Check-in is anytime after 4PM