ABOUT THE HOUSE:
The Meadows House is an expansive home that comfortably sleeps 18. With a large private swimming pool and tennis court, you’ll be glad you chose to stay here. The house has impressive views of the grounds and Blue Ridge Mountains in all directions. It has a chef’s kitchen, dining room, living room (with working fireplace), and patio. The home has 8 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms.
ABOUT CASTLETON FARMS :
Castleton Farms is a one-of-a-kind estate with luxury amenities and rustic Virginia charm. In addition to the original 1850s Manor House, the property comprises thirteen beautiful guest houses, intimate cottages and large family homes, all discreetly nestled across 550 acres of rolling farmland. Escape from the everyday bustle to a serene haven of unspoiled, breathtaking mountain views. And with three tennis courts, a palatial spa, and world-class performances at the 160-person theater, no luxury need be spared. Castleton Farms is the perfect setting for a relaxing weekend, romantic escape, family reunion, or corporate retreat.
ABOUT THE GROUNDS:
Castleton Farms is a sprawling, 550-acre compound at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah National Park with a working animal farm, fishing ponds, and gorgeous views. A five-mile paved footpath spans the property and is perfect for walking, jogging, or biking. Visit the friendly menagerie with alpacas, emus, goats, chickens, pigs, donkeys, a zebra, and a zonkey. The magnificent spa complex boasts a custom, geothermally-heated indoor pool, hot tub, 12-person dry sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool, and fireplace.
Castleton Farms is ~60 miles southwest of Washington, DC, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and only a few miles from Shenandoah National Park.
Guests have access to the following amenities:
- 5 miles of private paved trails
- 3 outdoor tennis courts
- Exotic animal menagerie
- Outdoor pools (Seasonal)
- Ponds for paddle boating, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing (Fishing gear not provided)
- Luxurious spa with indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room (Subject to additional resort fee)
- Fitness center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all accommodations
- Basketball, volleyball, billiards, foosball, ping-pong, croquet, and bocce ball
- Meeting room equipped with state-of-the-art HD video conferencing; seats 50
- World-class performing arts events in 160-person Theater House (Fall and Spring season)
- Table tennis, rowboats and paddle boats
- Riding lessons, tennis lessons, guided hiking tours, therapeutic massage, golf carts, chauffeurs, babysitters, private cooks or catering for large groups, and other services available upon advanced request
Rappahannock County (and the neighboring Fauquier and Culpeper Counties) offer scenic outdoor adventures and unique shopping experiences, as well excellent cuisine and wine tasting at some of Virginia’s best artisanal wineries. Here’s just a taste of what you can do:
- Shenandoah National Park: hike, camp, or bike through this famous natural beauty, or take a car anywhere along Skyline Drive, the 105-mile scenic byway — 18 miles, 30-minute drive
- Copper Fox Distillery: tour and sample this local American whiskey— 11 miles, 20-minute drive
- The towns of Little Washington and Culpeper: visit these charming villages and historic landmarks — 20-30 minute drives
- Multiple vineyards and wineries with tours and tastings
Civil War Trail: the Shenandoah Valley is home to more than 100 historic Civil War sites with colorful interpretive markers and historical information.