About the property
- House6000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Mega Resort: 8 BR, 2Lft, Sleeps 40/Rooftop Pool, Hot Tub, Steam Sauna, 2 Kitchen
Luxury Resort: 8 BR, 2Lft, Sleeps 40,Rooftop & In-Gnd Pool,Hot Tub,Steam Sauna!!
Start Planning for a Unforgettable North Topsail Beach Vacation, Wedding or Special Event! For more pictures & a video tour of the house and an area activity island video tour click the 'owners website' button at the bottom of this page.
Newly built in 2009, Pirates' Playground Villa, professionally decorated and landscaped, offers a heated rooftop pool Sep. & Oct. and Apr. & May (Closed in the winter, Nov. to Mar.), a 1900 sq. ft. fully tiled and furnished sun deck, unique to Topsail Island, and 6000+ sq. ft. of heated living space. Located on the most narrow part of the island, the ocean is just 150 feet (153 steps) in one direction and in the other direction is Galleon Bay and a private man-made, quiet, deep water canal which affords access to the Intracoastal waterway and with a 15 minute boat ride to the ocean. Kayaking and small water craft are suitable in the canal. Upon arrival you will be met by a greeter/guide, Joe, who will show you the home and answer any questions you may have.
• 8 BEDROOMS and 2 SLEEPING ROOMS (SOFA BED WITH PRIVACY CURTAIN).
• 4 STORIES / 4 STOP ELEVATOR AND 2 INSIDE STAIRWAYS FOR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY, 6000+ sq. ft heated.
• 2 FULL KITCHENS and A 3rd EFFICIENCY KITCHEN ON THE ROOFTOP (Crow's Nest).
• HEATED ROOFTOP POOL (FREE ) Heated Apr. & May and Sep. & Oct. (closed in the winter Nov. - Mar.).
• LARGE HOT TUB on roof (Free in summer-prime but drained and filled each week Sep. to Oct. and Mar. to May for $120).
• 6 man automatic STEAM SAUNA in the roof top lounge (CROW'S NEST).
• WEDDINGS ARE WELCOME (see policy below).
• FAMILIES and FAMILY GROUPS are welcome but, NO HOUSE PARTIES.
• PERSONAL GREETER and GUIDE who will show you the home.
• INGROUND SWIMMING POOL (closed Nov. to Mar.) and never heated.
• PRIVATE BOAT SLIP with mooring piers, FISHING DOCK, BOARDWALK, and shared BOAT LAUNCH / RAMP.
• PET FRIENDLY for well-behaved pets ($200 per pet non-refundable pet fee) (PETS NOT ALLOWED IN pool areas).
• HOME THEATER with SURROUND SOUND, FREE XBOX 360 LIVE and FREE NETFLIX (unlimited streaming Internet movies).
• SLEEPS UP TO 43 (including futons, sleeper sofas, trundles, and rollaway beds).
• OLDHAUSEN POOL TABLE and POKER / GAME TABLE and KIDS area in the GREAT ROOM with FIREPLACE and DRY BAR.
• MOTHER-IN-LAW SUITE with FULL KITCHEN and LIVING ROOM (and stairway and balcony).
• TWO SETS of WASHERS / DRYERS and 2 ICE MACHINES AND 3 1/2 REFRIGERATORS.
• STAINLESS STEEL GE PROFILE appliances in all kitchens.
• MUSIC SYSTEM inside and outside house to access CDs, radio, TV (cable music) and 1 IPOD dock.
• For safety, INTERCOMS located in all bedrooms and fire escape ladders and smoke detectors on all floors.
• HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE with elevator stopping on all four floors.
• SECURITY camera system located on rooftop pool, ground pool, and front door with large monitor in the main kitchen.
• WIRED LAN Internet in every room and WIRELESS INTERNET for broadband cable Internet service.
• Protected DECK off the dining room. GAS GRILL available.
• PC DESKTOP computer with WIRELESS PRINTER / FAX / COPIER.
• BABY and KID FRIENDLY (gates, portable cribs, toys, games, books).
• PARKING: garage, driveways, and cul-de-sac.
• OUTDOOR and INDOOR BASKETBALL GOALS, tether ball, darts, PING-PONG.
• Indoor and outdoor BASKETBALL, CRAB CAGE, GIANT SWINGS and SANDBOX , Manicured LAWN!
• GAME and EXERCISE FITNESS ROOM on the ground level with TV and a second TV LOUNGE on the ground level.
• Interior PROFESSIONALLY DECORATED by D's Interiors, Ceramic porcelain tile throughout the house by Prince Flooring.
The Great Room has a fireplace, large screen TV with surround sound. It also has a full-size pool table and poker table and dry bar. A second living room with a full kitchen is located on the first floor.
This home is designed for large families but other groups are welcome, including wedding parties, corporate business meetings, and retreats. Topsail Island offers places and activities for people of different ages with different interests. You can easily slip away for time alone or enjoy family activities. THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.
Attractions in the area include Historic Wilmington, NC Aquarium, Battleship USS North Carolina, Ft. Fisher Historic Site, Camp Lejeune marine museums, and golfing at the North Shore Country Club or numerous other courses.
PRE BOOKINGS AND WEDDINGS: This home does NOT give the current guest first right of refusal for the corresponding week in the next year. When booking this home for a following year a $2,000 deposit is due within 2 weeks of booking. The balance of the first half of the rent is due by January 15. The deposit will apply towards the cost of the rental. The first party to book the home and send in the $2,000 deposit secures the home for that week. When a booking is secured you are guaranteed the rental rate posted at that time of booking (posted discounts apply only to current year). This home allows weddings and will allow pre-bookings for up to two years in advance. There is a $2000 refundable damage deposit for all weddings in this home. There is a $500 non-refundable wedding/event fee.
Keywords: Huge!!! LUXURYMega Resort Home with 2 swim pools, MANY amazing EXTRAS. "INCREDIBLE VALUE"
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 2, 2018
Why Maya chose Topsail Island
IT IS CLOSE TO THE OCEAN AND THE SOUND. IT IS EASILY ACCESSIBLE UNLIKE MANY NC COASTAL TOWNS VIA 4 LANE INTERSTATE 40 AND US 17
What makes this House unique
AWESOME VIEWS LIKE NOWHERE ELSE IN NC. SOUND, OCEAN, WETLANDS, ETC. Large capacity and the common areas: 2 Pools, rooftop deck, 2 living rooms, 2 1/2 kitchens, play area in garage, landscaped lawns, playground, dock, etc., make this very UNIQUE in the state!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Unforgettable Sunrise/Sunset on Roof Deck!
We loved our stay at this enormous beach house! The house was clean and in great shape. Pam and Joe were very helpful. Our entire family enjoyed the picturesque roof patio views especially for sunrise and sunset. The living rooms and kitchens were large and beautifully decorated. The elevator was greatly appreciated by the seniors in our group. Thanks again for such a memorable vacation, and we will definitely return again.
Great Beach Villa
My large extended family enjoyed the great beach and inlet views from the Pirates Playground, especially the third floor patio! We all enjoyed the large pool and the spa was just perfect. The house is located in a quite area and our beach access across the street was wonderfully semi-private. We noticed the house was clean and well maintained with some recent upgrades. The two kitchens helped with food prep and kids snacks. Joe greeted us at check-in and walked us through the house. I heartily recommend this to everyone with a large group. We are thinking of coming back in the fall for a different weather/ocean experience!
A Dream Family Vacation House
We had the pleasure to stay at the Pirates Playground in July for our summer vacation and it was great! We had 25 people in the house and there was plenty of room to sleep all. Views were really tremendous from the roof patio with unblocked views of both ocean and inlet sides. The house was very well kept and the in-ground pool was very clean. We hit the beach daily and early in the morning with our chairs and towels. If you have kids or teens, this is a great house as it has plenty of room and beds, with very easy access to the beach. Overall, this is a great house and I would highly recommend it to anyone vacationing with a large group.
The most beautiful house in North Topsail Beach
The pictures posted on this website do not do the house justice! Our week long stay was simply spectacular. The house was clean, well kept and very spacious for our large group. The house is in a private part of town and beach access is only a very short walk away. The in-ground and roof pool were very enjoyable but the kids mostly spent their time at the in-ground pool. The beach was so secluded from tourists that it practically felt private. Our group was around 30 people and that house wasn't even close to being full! I would recommend this house to anyone who wants a fun and relaxing week at the beach! we already ready to go back!
Our entire family had so much fun, all 34 of us ranging in age from 3 to 72! We all enjoyed the heated pool, hot tub, breath taking views from 3rd floor patio and game room. We could not have had a better week filled with love, laughter and memory-making family events. All family meals were cooked in the kitchen and there was enough room for us all to site and eat together. The house had enough space for everyone to do their own thing! We have spent several family vacations in the area but this was our first year at Pirates Playground and hands down, the family said this was the best house ever!
Awesome Winter Retreat!
We went in the off season with a large group and our entire family loved this house! The location could not be beat and was quiet yet very accessible. The house was very clean and well stocked with all items to make our stay comfortable. The heated pool and hot tub were a big hit with everyone. We enjoyed daily morning beach walks while having the comfort to come in for lunch or bathroom breaks. The roof deck views are gorgeous! picnic dinners on the roof deck while watching the sun set over the ocean was our favorite time of the day. I would definitely recommend this huge house especially to anyone with a large family and looking for flexibility to enjoy the beach and ocean views.
Galleon Bay is an, ocean-view community on a deep water canal with access to and unobstructed views of the ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway. The pristine beauty and the invigorating energy of the expansive wetlands and ocean are yours at Boater’s Launch!
Located on the most narrow part of the island, the ocean is just 150 feet in one direction with a private fishing / boat dock on a quiet, man-made canal in the other direction. Kayaking, jet skiing, and sailing are suitable in the canal and the Atlantic Ocean is a mere 15-minute ride in a motorboat.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Pet Fee is $200.00 per pet and is NOT REFUNDABLE and is NOT included in your rental fee. Pet Damage Fee of $2000 cash is REFUNDABLE and REQUIRED in addition to your $200 pet fee. Damage Insurance: $60 with no pets. Hot Tub fee: $120.00 NOT included in your deposit. Cleaning Fee: Free. Linen Fee: Free. Wedding/Event Fee: $500.00.