|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The four bedroom two bath house includes one king bed, two queen beds, set of bunk beds, fully equipped kitchen with ample amount of dining, living room with wood burning fireplace and only 6 miles from the Wimberley town square for sight seeing and shopping. High Road is just 20 minutes from Canyon Lake, Gruene and New Braunfels. Children welcome, no pets, smoking outside only! No day guests!
The High Road House was simply AMAZING! While the roads were a bit rough to travel on, our stay was very good. The views of the "hills and valleys" were quite breath taking. You could see for many miles (take your binoculars) and even further with binoculars.
The accomidations were exactly as described and the attention to detail was astonishing in most areas of the house. The master suite with master bath was very charming and very accessible. The two queen bed rooms upstairs were very charming as well. The view from one of the rooms leads directly to the top deck and I believe I could see out for 30 miles or more.
There was a washer and dryer in the master bathroom which was very user friendly. The kitchen was fully operational with all utensils, plates, cups/glasses, and pots/pans present.
If you wanted to know if I was stay there again, I tell you that is a definite must that we go again and again. And of course very soon. We enjoyed the rustic setting and would love to duplicate this place for a place of our own!
The best dining in relationship to the house was a family owned pizza business, worked by all members of the family. I do not reccomend the mexican restaurant next door to it.
I found the shops in downtown Wimberley an exciting day trip and there were numerous opportunties for swimming and rafting in the area. They even have an outdoor theatre where you must bring your own chairs or sit on the ground, shows start at dark thirty. Many of the businesses in down town Wimberley have plenty of seating and live music.
I believe on my next trip that i will try to stay at the house all weekend with out venturing out any where as the stay was the most relaxing time that I have had in many years.
The house was decorated and equipped as advertised. It was well-maintained, clean and very pleasant. BUT the location is not 6 miles WEST of Wimberley. It was down a long series of dirt roads nearly in Comal County. So my vision of where we would be in relation to Wimberley was off because of the West description. It is VERY isolated.
I stayed at this house in June, 2009 for a girls weekend. The house has two large decks with amazing hill country views and hardly another house in sight. The house was clean, tastefully decorated, and the bedrooms were charming and comfortable. We had a great, relaxing time here enjoying the views and the hot-tub. The owner provided all the household items listed in the description.
I would rent the house again...but there are some things that I think potential renters should know:
1) Along with amazing hill country views comes a fairly rustic environment. Getting to the house involves driving over a series of dirt roads, hopping out of the car to unlock a gate, and then walking an uneven stone path from the parking area to the front door, which also has a couple of steps. This is not a handicapped accessible property and I imagine the roads would not be fun in bad weather.
2) I found the owner's directions to the house to be somewhat confusing and not totally accurate. But, the house is not hard to find once you know where you're going, so, if possible, have someone drive the route ahead of time in the daylight.
2) The house is about fifteen minutes from downtown Wimberly and about 10 minutes from the closest restaurants.
3) Keep a flashlight handy. Even though the owners have put lights along the path, it was still quite dark at night.
4) There is an awesome fire pit with stone "seating" at the house.
5) The bunk-bed room is the only room of the house that isn't really decorated. The room is small and is most appropriate for children (in my opinion).
We had a great time staying at this house. I would say that it's a great place to visit if you want to kick back and relax, but is a bit remote if you plan to be active and come an go from the house frequently.
--Downtown wimberly is awesome, of course.
--Driftwood Estate Winery offers $5 tastings and has occasional evening music where you are invited to bring a picnic and enjoy their views and a bottle of wine.
--Mandola Winery/Trattoria Lisinia--Great Italian place owned by a winery. Ask for a table by the windows; they also have great views.
High Road is Located About 6 Miles West of Wimberley
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, wildlife viewing
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
$200 refundable security deposit
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.