|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
This New York style loft, called The Grand, features original 1893 exposed brick walls, 2 bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms. Unwind in 2000 square feet of modern comfort plus a private deck overlooking the Wasatch mountains. Lounge in front of the fire with an epic floor to ceiling view of Ben Lomand mountain. Let your inner chef unfold in the well appointed gourmet kitchen, complete with stainless appliances, a dual fridge and dishwasher. Drive right into your private 2-car garage with extra high clearance for your fully loaded SUVs. Soak in a tub surrounded by Italian porcelain tile. Walk across the street for breakfast at local favorite Karen’s Diner or to any of dozens of restaurants, cafes, theaters and shops within steps. Wireless internet, washer/dryer and much more.
The Building – The Grand
Built in 1893, 100 steps from Union Station, The Grand is now on the National Registry of Historic Places and was fully renovated in 2008-2009 with all the amenities of a deluxe modern home. Walk to countless restaurants, cafes, movie theaters, music venues and much more. Priced significantly less than a comparable hotel room.
2 Bedroom/2 bathroom Urban Loft apartment – property can be combined with adjoining 1 bedroom to create a 3,000ft/sq. 3 bedroom/3 bathroom facility.
25th Street – center of Ogden activity
1. Moments from Eccles Conference center
2. 2 minutes from Ogden Raptors Field
3. A few minutes drive from Weber State University
4. 15 minutes drive to Hill Air Force Base
5. Treehouse Children’s museum - Across the street from the Solomon Center the other way is the nonprofit educational Treehouse Museum.
6. The Junction (5 minutes walk) is a fantastic new complex which included the awesome Salomon Center recreation complex, restaurants and theaters only two blocks away from here. It's located a tad northeast of here on the north side of 24th, West side of Washington. An easy 5 minute walk. Closed on Sunday.
• Inside the Solomon Center you'll find:
o iRock Utah, a huge indoor rock climbing and bouldering complex
o iFly, a vertical wind tunnel that lets you fly (indoor skydiving essentially)
o Flowrider, a year round, indoor surf wave.
o The biggest Gold's Gym we've ever seen,
o A huge indoor swimming pool.
o A bowling alley
o Three restaurants
o The Fat Cats Arcade will keep you entertained with billiards, bumper cars (!), pool tables and an arcade
o Across the street from the Solomon Center is the Megaplex 13 theater a modern theater complex with 13 screens.
Restaurants on 25th Street
1. The Union Grill - A few steps to the west inside Union Station.
2. Jasoh - At the southeast end of our block upstairs. A new and welcome addition here on 25th. They have a sit down white tablecloth side and a pub side. Both offer great choices and nice views out many of the seats. They say they serve 'New American Cuisine'.
3. Rovali's Ristorante Italiano - On this side of the street a few steps to the east. Good solid food here.
4. Tona Sushi - On the upper block (one to the east of ours) there are a bunch of choices.
Tona might be our favorite restaurant on the street. Sushi in Utah? Take our word, it’s excellent. You'll be surprised.
5. Roosters Brewing Company - Also in the upper block, across the street. We like the food a lot and the beer too!
6. Bistro 258 - Across the street from Roosters. One of the better restaurants on the street.
7. The Athenian - On the upper block is OK. They make a decent gyro for lunch.
8. Great Harvest Bread - The closest thing we have to a national chain on 25th (upper block). They make great bread and good sandwiches. You can smell the bread being baked in the morning clear down here at The Grand.
9. Sonora Grill - Over in The Junction. Excellent Mexican food. Be sure to get the guacamole, made fresh tableside.
10. Iggy's Sports Grill next door to Sonora Grill if you're looking for a sports bar kind of place.
Location - Ogden sits 35 miles north of Salt Lake City. It is an outdoor and cultural destination and boasts a Sundance Film Fest venue. It's easy to see why the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Ski, Sunset, Forbes and others have called Ogden 'one of the ten places you gotta go' and America's next high adventure destination Mecca.
Two of my great grandparents were born in Ogden in 1867. My mom's maiden name (Woodmansee) appears on at least two still-standing buildings in Ogden. There were many others in the past that have since been torn down.
I love the area for its natural beauty and its recreation. The mountain biking in the summer and the skiing in the winter are world class.
Restoring The Grand brought me a great sense of pride and accomplishment, and ties me back to my deep roots in Ogden.
Scot Nicol (co-owner)
Scot Nicol purchased this apartment in 2007
Staying right on 25th street with its abundance of excellent restaurants and shops and at the same time having incredible world-class recreation within minutes is truly urban living at its finest.
My family and I come to Ogden to visit relatives every year and we usually stay in hotels. However, this trip we found Scot Nicol's place and it added a great deal to our visit! The place is expertly designed and decorated and remains an extremely comfortable place to stay. It has a wonderful wood burning fireplace and an excellent grill on the patio. My family and I would highly recommend staying here over hotels in the area. On our future visits to Ogden we will absolutely hope to stay here again! Outstanding experience!
This is a beautifully restored old hotel. It was convenient, secure, and spacious. We visited with our two young daughters and were delighted with the proximity to the train, the children's museum, dining, and the freeway. The only downsides were first that the weather was hot, and the wonderful skylight in the master suite made the room a bit toasty in the evening. Also, on weekends with the bar with live music below, little of the music and smokiness wafted up. But that is really nitpicking. It was amazing, and a great venue. The waffle place across the street was really good as well.
I was deployed to Hill AFB on TDY for a month and wanted to bring my family with me. So instead of resorting to a hotel, I was in search of something that felt more 'home-y'; this was it.
The owner was always very responsive and accommodating to our various requests. The property manager - who is close by - always answered questions and concerns within minutes.
I brought my 3 year old son, so we needed to rearrange some things to make the place kid friendly and save some of the contents from the destruction a 3y.o. Can bring. The stairs are an issue for any family that has young ones. The property has a baby gate that we used for the stairs, but someone has gauled the threads, which has made the gate too narrow for the opening. To combat, I wadded paper towels to accommodate for the gaps. The gate was still not sturdy, so if you have defiant kiddos or ones too young to know any better, I would suggest bringing your own.
There are plenty of family oriented things to do close by! The smell of natural woodfire smoke hits you upon entrance, but you wear used to it quickly. The bands that play on 25th street can be heard, but the music is pleasant. Additionally, it's faint enough to not be bothersome if you have a pedestal fan running.
All-in-all, I highly recommend this loft!!
I highly recommend that you stay at The Grand, the next time your travels bring you to Ogden! The location is beyond perfect. Delicious restaurants are all within walking distance. The apartment is very large, comfortable and spotlessly clean; the photos do not quite show it's "wow" factor! The glass "wall" of sliding doors leading to the balcony are beautiful and give so much light to the unit. The kitchen is fully equipped! I always travel with a few basic spices for cooking and I certainly didn't need to. Everything you need in the kitchen is already there! Everything about The Grand will make it a perfect place for you to stay!
We loved our stay and the location was so convenient! The loft was comfortable and well kept. Very roomy and equipped for cooking at home. Management was very helpful and friendly. We recommend this highly to anyone coming to this area and would stay again. We were there for a longer stay, almost 4 weeks. The only thing we missed was our Direct TV as we were there during football season. But that was a small thing.
The apartment is really large and spacious and is superbly furnished. The full length windows overlooking the mountains is a great feature. We found it really convenient for skiing the resorts in the Ogden Valley and yet not too far from the Salt Lake resorts. On snowy days we were able to ride the bus up to the ski area and avoid the drive in the snow. The front door conveniently opens out onto 25th street with all its restaurants and bars. We mainly ate in and we found that the kitchen had everything that we needed. Scot the owner is very helpful and easy to contact. We are looking forward to a return visit.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Ski Season (2)
Jan 2 2017 - Apr 16 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.