|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Cosy one-room-apartment, shower, toilet, balcony, colour-TV, kitchen. N.B. The apartment features: shower/bath, toilet, TV. Lots of thoughtful little touches to make you feel at home. In the fully equipped kitchen of your apartment you will find a hob (with two or four hotplates), refrigerator, coffee machine, toaster, enough pots and pans, tableware and tea towels. There is no oven in the apartment. Microwaves are available but you must book, as supply is limited. Some of them are non-smoking.
Our younger guests are of great importance for us and we’ve received a German ministry award for our family oriented offering. There is a children’s playing room on the premises and during vacations Baiersbronn runs a daily children's program. A cosmetic or massage treatment can be arranged for you.
Four reasons to visit the Golden Rooster:
1. Style and Ambiance
Each room at the Goldener Hahn has been lovingly furnished and decorated by Kathrin Gruber to provide guests with the comfortable feeling of home. Our regular visitors come back again.
2. Exploring the Black Forest
Whether hiking to a Black Forest hut or tasting the best in local Schnaps - just ask your hostess Kathrin Gruber for some good advices
3. Swimming Pool and Spa
You can treat yourself to a cosmetic program, relax in our pool and sauna or get a massage (at the main building, close to the Goldener Hahn Residence). Please let Kathrin Gruber know three weeks before arrival!
4. Children welcome
Our younger guests are of great importance to us and we've received a German ministry award for our family oriented offering. There is a children's playing room on the premises and during the vacations Baiersbronn offers a daily children's program.
Paradise for gourmets and for hikers: Baiersbronn is a paradise for gourmets: there is a total of six Michelin stars united in Baiersbronn, and one of the restaurants in Baiersbronn (“Traube”) is one of the Top Ten restaurants worldwide (according to the International Herald Tribune). The landscape here is the setting for one of the most beautiful vacation spots in the heart of Europe.
In Baiersbronn a multitude of opportunities for a varied holiday experience are available to active vacationers, as well as those in need of rest and relaxation - in close proximity to home. Each year during the most beautiful season in the Black Forest, namely from the end of July to the end of September, approximately 20 different hikes are organised, which are subdivided into four topical themes (family hiking week, the most beautiful trails in Baiersbronn, the waters of the Black Forest and rock formations).
Please contact Kathrin Gruber for further details. She will also provide you with a hiking map.
Kathrin Gruber: a mother of two in her 40's, is your hostess at the 'Golden Rooster'.
After studying business management and interior design, she attended the hotel management school 'Belvoir' in Zürich (Switzerland).
Andreas Gruber-Beck: is Kathrin's husband and is available for questions. Andreas is also responsible for the internet and the technique, so any questions you have, he is the person to ask.
Stefan Gruber: Stefan Gruber is Kathrin's brother. While he is not available during the week, he is available on weekends. He is a skilled piano player and will sometimes play for the guests, using the beautiful piano located in the room across the hall from the playroom.
Eric and Anna Gruber: Eric and Anna are Kathrin and Andreas' children. They are available to play and to show your children the best toys in the playroom!
Kathrin und Andreas Gruber purchased this apartment in 1970
- Join free of charge walks and hikes organised by the Baiersbronn Tourist Information office, including Nordic Walking for beginners
- Baiersbronn is also home to some of the finest German gourmet chefs
- Cultural excursions and other exciting activities await you in the surrounding towns and cities of Baden-Baden, Tübingen and Strasbourg
- Be captivated by the scenery in the hills and valleys of Baiersbronn, accessible by cable-car
- Shop at Germany’s largest open market square in Freudenstadt, only 7km away
- Short transfers from the main airports of Frankfurt (3hr), Zürich (2hr) and Stuttgart (1hr)
- Always feel welcome with your friendly hosts, the Gruber family, according to our motto: “Ganz Familiär”- “Feel Like at Home”.
- Good value for money
- We offer a breakfast buffet : Our playroom, right beside the breakfast room, is perfect for children and their parents
- Enjoy our heated indoor swimming pool, two saunas, relaxation room and table-tennis room in any weather
- Relax with our unique massage and beauty treatments
- Dine at the many family-friendly inns and restaurants in the surrounding area
- Surf the web with our free wireless internet (WLAN), available on the ground floors of all our buildings
- Travel free of charge on all public transport throughout the Black Forest region with the “KONUS” card, which all of our guests receive upon arrivalFor more tips and ideas for family outings, just ask Andreas and Kathrin, themselves parents of two young children
- Experience the family-friendly “Tour de Murg” cycling route. Close to the Golden Rooster, one can also rent a bicycle
- Enjoy our Piano Matinées
- Explore some of Europe’s best hiking and wandering trails
AUFSCHLAG für KURZAUFENTHALT!!! Oben angegebene Preise gelten für 2 Personen. Inklusive: freie Benutzung des Wellness-Bereiches mit Schwimmbad, finnischer Sauna, Kinderspielzimmer, Tischtennisraum, Spielverleih, Bücherschrank und vieles mehr. Frühstück gegen Aufpreis und Voranmeldung (Mindestteilnehmerzahl)
We found this resort by accident in the internet. Since our first visit, we have been back two more times. If we lived closer, we would surely go more often. The apartments are very clean and equipped with everything a person needs to spend the week. They are all decorated differently with many loving special extras. The owner gave a talk for everyone on the first day explaining the area and all there is to do. She offered wine and was dressed in the traditional clothing of the area. There are also special excursions we signed up for. Each one was different and each year we visited they were different. We went as a group to listen to German music, to drink beer and dine in an old working mill that becomes a restaurant at night. The owner and her huband always come along helping to order and know what to do. One time we went to a farm and learned about cows that never leave the barn. We sat outdoors with people from many countries and had Kuchen and coffee afterwards. The children were wheeling chickens around in carriages. They had a wonderful time. Another time we hiked way up in the mountains and found a beautiful little cottage and sat having, yes Kuchen and Coffee. Pole walking is a favorite outing with poles provided for a very nominal charge. Children are very welcome and there is even a beautiful play room for them. We loved sitting on our balcony looking at the unbelievable views and walking around the area in the evenings. During the day we biked on the nearby bike trail down the mountain and took the train back up. The owner is always willing and available to answer questions and explain where to go. It is possible to travel by train or bus within the area for free. We did venture further ourselves to Baden-Baden and even to France for a day trip. Of course, the pool is always available for relaxing and enjoying. We would very highly reccomend this resort and hope we can go back again soon. The owners feel more like good friends to us. I still have the thoughtful gifts and the sweet notes that from time to time were taped or placed in front of our door.
Wir verbrachten ein wunderschönes Winterwochenende in Baiersbronn in den Ferienwohnungen der Fam. Gruber.
Wir reisten mit unserer kleinen Tochter (11 Monate), Eltern und Geschwister an und haben mit den Ferienwohnungen genau das gefunden, was wir gesucht hatten:
- eine schöne geräumige Ferienwohnung, die gemütlich eingerichtet ist, um abends zusammensitzen zu können
- gut ausgestattete neue Küchen
- ein Hallenbad mit einem Laufstall ausgestattet, wo unsere Tochter mit dabei sein konnte, während wir im Wasser planschten.
- die Möglichkeit, Kinderbett, Hochstuhl und Wickelauflage auszuleihen sparte uns jede Menge Platz im Auto.
- sehr freundliche und hilfsbereite Vermieter (aufgrund der starken Schneefälle haben wir sogar kurzfristig noch Fewos in der Hauptanlage bekommen)
- sehr gute Lage (Bäcker und Bahnhof in kurzer Fußentfernung)
Kurz zusammengefasst, es hat einfach alles super gepasst, wir können die Ferienwohnungen nur weiterempfehlen und werden gerne nochmal wiederkommen.
Très belle décoration pour ce studio, équipé pour accueillir 4 personnes, n'étant que à deux nous étions très à l'aise.L'accueil est rès sympathique, merci à Katherine Grûber pour ses effort en français.
Nous avons pu apprécier la divercité des sentiers de promenades grâce à un temps magnifique. Nous étions ravis de profiter de la piscine et du sauna faisant partie des préstation de la maison. Si c'est possible pour nous on reviendra !
Wir sind mit unserem Aufenthalt im goldener hahn sehr zufrieden. Die Wohnung war angenehm und funktional, die freundliche Aufnahme, die großartige Umwelt,
ausgezeichneter Ferien für unser erstes Mal in Deutschland
Baiersbronn is a Climatic Health Resort on an altitude: 534 - 790m, with a population of 6340 inhabitants. The Black Forest has one of the most fascinating landscapes in Europe. And within this magnificent region lies Baiersbronn, the state of Baden-Württembergs biggest (in terms of surface) community. So what awaits you?
The nicest mountains of the northern Black Forest, Europe's biggest hiking network, Germany´s most creative cooks. Health Climate Resorts and family-friendly restaurants.
Baiersbronn is a paradise for gourmets: there are a total of six Michelin stars united in Baiersbronn, and the restaurants in Baiersbronn (“Traube”) is one of the Top Ten restaurants worldwide (according to the International Herald Tribune).
Other Activities: Roller blading, cross-country and Alpine skiing, skating, sledding, fitness club, skittles
Golf: There is s practice green and a driving range in Freudenstadt.
As a guest at the Golden Rooster, you will be given a reduction on the green fee at the 18 hole golf course in Freudenstadt (7 km).
8 golf courses (all within an hour's drive) will keep the boredom at bay.
Ski: Let's build a snowman today! Some people think winter is the best and most relaxing time for a holiday. Small wonder, when everything is glistening and sparkling in the sun: the trees, the meadows and the houses all look beautiful.
Take off on 'shank's pony' along the cross country skiing tracks or down the pistes.
For children, and of course also for adults:
· Building snowmen
· Snowball fights
· Ski courses
· Ice skating
· Torch-light hikes
· Ski hire
· Ski boot hire