|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Be cool. 40ft swimming pool for laps, playing or staying cool. 80ft of covered patios, outdoor fans, Mexican tile, Bbq, tables, chairs and conversational areas.
Plenty of pool glasses to sip margaritas on the lounges by the pool. Sit in the tea house with misters, fans, lights and music to stay cool. Unfortunately, my mother in law passed away January 2014 and the second building is vacate.
Six cool showers to keep you refreshed. PERMIT #4705
Minutes to the action in downtown Palm Springs and located in Old Racquet Club West.
Escape to the tranquil and lazy days at Villa de Catalina. The Villa is nestled in the neighborhood to the stars—Onassis, Betty Davis and Joan Crawford and where Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood use to hang out at the old Racquet Club West.
Enter to mountain views, numerous fountains and a large private swimming pool.
The two over-sized verandas have ceiling fans, lighting, Mexican tile floors, music and misters.
Outdoor dual showers.
Japanese tea house for early morning coffee break. Or a quiet retreat to read the daily morning newspaper or listen to music .
Your stay will include:
• Four bedrooms and three granite tile baths: one with dual showers, jacuzzi tub. One bath with large walk in shower with over-sized shower head, the other bath has bath and shower combination.
• Master bedroom features wood floors with private entry to outdoor veranda and pool.
• 4 bedrooms—1 king, 3 doubles, 1 twin, 2 double blow up beds; plenty of closet and drawer space for longer stays.
• Fully stocked state-of-the-art kitchen for entertaining with high efficiency appliances (Jenn-Air, Viking, Maytag, Bosch). Kitchen leads directly to outdoor veranda with BBQ, large granite counter, over-head fans, lights, misters. Cozy seating and tables for large groups.
Laundry facilities on site.
• Southwestern Spanish Villa flare with eclectic style throughout; plantation shutters, ceiling fans and centralized air, mexican tile floors and tile roof.
• Environmentally sensitive and equipped with solar panels and indigenous desert plantings, and landscaped with large palm and fruit trees.
• Desert tortoise compound—endangered tortoises on loan from the ‘Living Desert’.
• Two verandas – one for outdoor dining with built-in gas grill and the other for relaxing under misters that overlook the pool. Ample seating and tables for eating or watching a sunset. Misters, music, ceiling fans and lights make for special moments.
• Numerous outdoor seating areas for larger events.
Palm Springs has something for everyone. Be our guests and enjoy the experience.
Keywords: Southwestern Spanish Villa
• World-famous Aerial Tramway to the cooler climate of Palm Springs; enjoy dinner on top of the mountain or hike one of the numerous hiking trails.
• Coechella Music Festival (annually in April).
• Stagecoach Country Music Festival (late April).
• Palm Springs International Film Festival (annually in January).
• Tennis—Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open - ATP World Masters and WTA event (annually in March).
• Casinos—Agua Caliente, Augustine Casino, Morongo, Spa Resort, Fantasy Springs Resort, Spotlight 29.
• Theaters—Annenburg, McCallum Theatre.
• Museums—Palms Springs Air Museum, Palm Springs Art Museum, El Paseo Artwalk, Agua Caliente Cultural Museum, Indian Museum and ceremonial Indian Pow Wows and the unique Cabot Pueblo Museum.
• Golf at world class courses or watch the pros—Desert Willow, Indian Canyon, Tahquitz Creek, Mesquite, Escena and more.
• Tour homes of movie stars of the past and neighborhoods of mid-century modern homes (Celebrity Tours, P.S. Windmill Tours).
• Shopping: Downtown Palm Springs, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon Outlets, The Shops on El Paseo, Street Fair-every Thursday evening in Palm Springs.
• Day Spas – Spa Resort downtown Palm Springs, Agua Serena Spa, Miracle Springs Spa, The Wells Spa, Spa Esmeralda.
• Other attractions: Desert Adventures, Hummer Tours, Big Wheel Tours, Smoke Tree Stables, Funseekers.
• Disneyland (1.5 hours)
• Six Flags Magic Mountain (2 hours)
• San Diego Zoo (1.5 hours)
• Legoland (1.5 hours)
• Universal City Walk/Universal Studios (2 hours)
• Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey (2 hours)
• Las Vegas (4 hours)
• Grand Canyon (6.5 hours)
Nearby ski resorts: Mountain High (1 hour 15 minutes), Bear Mountain (Big Bear 2 hours)
We have been renting our homes for over ten years and have enjoyed the various people from all areas of the world.
Claudio de Medeiros purchased this estate in 2005
Love Palm Springs. People friendly, great climate, culturally inspiring.
Large private and tranquil -- once behind our walls you don't want to leave! Close to all amenities.
We had a pretty large group and the home was very comfortable. We were a bit misled by the number of people who could sleep there, thinking there were enough beds to accommodate all of us. Some of us own vacation property and we don't count air mattresses and couches as part of the sleeping arrangements. The kitchen, dining room, outdoor veranda, and pool were perfect for our group. There were also some soiled cookware in the cabinets, but we were given a discount for the inconvenience of cleaning those pans. Claudio was a good host and patient as we tried to figure out the wifi login. All in all, it was a good experience.
Great spot for a relaxing time with a bigger group. The pool is perfect and there are two covered patios to stay out of the sun. Claudio is very helpful with anything you may need or have questions about.
I booked this property through VRBo and the booking was quick.
But my journey went downhill as soon as i stepped in the home, review process does not allow adding pictures else I would have attached some to forewarn other fellow travelers on what they are getting into.
Day 1 as soon as we entered we found that the pool is green, so green that it looked as if the pool is painted green, we later found out that it was algae infested. Owner didnt took the hassle of turning on the water filter or putting chlorine before we arrived.
Wait there is much more!!
Air conditioning in bedrooms was very uneven on Day 1, Day 2 it wasn't even working, I called owner several times and left voice mails but he didn't respond, next day he came in the morning and blamed us for breaking the AC by turning it too low. he didn't even want to see the picture we had of thermostat where the temperature was set to 70. Imaging how we would have spent time in 95 degrees heat.
Pictures on the VRBO are very misleading, it doesn't look that way at all.
Main door sensor is not working, it doesn't detect cars in the way and broke my left view mirror as it started to close with my car pulling out of the driveway which i couldn't move due to oncoming traffic.
Free-wifi is a myth, it never worked. We tried reboot but you won't even see any available network.
Bedding were smelly and probably infested, seems like they have never been changed.
In one Bath room shower temperature control was broken so there was always hot water.
In another bathroom toilet was leaking.
Low quality spring mattresses in all bedrooms other than master bedroom.
Furniture in living area very old, broken and not as same as picture.
We had a great time over new year's eve at Villa de Catalina. The owner, Claudio, is great to work with. He was available for questions over the phone before I booked the house, and was available via e-mail and phone afterwards and during our stay. The pool is heated to 80 degrees, and Claudio bought a pool cover when we expressed concern regarding the unusual cold nights in December which could affect the water temperature. The house was comfortable with beautiful views on the mountains, and is located within short driving distance of the town center.
If I were ranking this property from a pure aesthetic standpoint, I would likely give it a solid 4/5. The photos are a bit misleading -- the place isn't quite as nice as it appears (in particular, the living room furniture is quite outdated) -- but that's not unexpected for an online listing. I loved the pool; it kept me and the rest of the guests cool in the 115 degree heat. The outdoor grill / patio area was an excellent spot for a grill out, and we had plenty of room inside so as not to get in each others ways (3 full sized bathrooms for 4 rooms).
I bumped the review up to 5 stars because the contact person for the property, Claudio, went above and beyond when the wireless internet wasn't working for me and my group. Claudio was extremely responsive when I told him the WiFi was out and he tried multiple things to get the internet working. Although the internet wasn't able to be fixed (due to factors outside my or Claudio's control), Claudio gave me a discount and apologized for the inconvenience. He also gave me excellent brunch suggestions.
tl;dr: fine property, great pool, quiet location, outstanding owner.
Short ride to downtown Palm Springs and the Aerial Tram. Enjoy downtown's block party every Thursday night or escape into the resort flare of Villa de Catalina for your entire stay!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 12 2016 - Apr 9 2017
2 night minimum stay
Apr 10 2017 - Apr 24 2017
2 night minimum stay
Apr 25 2017 - May 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $70 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
All renters must sign a short term lease agreement. Pool Heating is not included and the charge is $100 per night. The pool is cold from October till June.