|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Be cool. 40ft swimming pool for laps, playing or staying cool. 80ft of covered patios, outdoor fans, Mexican tile, Bbq, tables, chairs and conversational areas.
Plenty of pool glasses to sip margaritas on the lounges by the pool. Sit in the tea house, fans, lights and music to stay cool. Unfortunately, my mother in law passed away January 2014 and the second building is vacate.
Minutes to the action in downtown Palm Springs and located in Old Racquet Club West.
Escape to the tranquil and lazy days at Villa de Catalina. The Villa is nestled in the neighborhood to the stars—Onassis, Betty Davis and Joan Crawford and where Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood use to hang out at the old Racquet Club West.
Enter to mountain views, numerous fountains and a large private swimming pool.
The two over-sized verandas have ceiling fans, lighting, Mexican tile floors, music and misters.
Japanese tea house for early morning coffee break. Or a quiet retreat to read the daily morning newspaper or listen to music .
Your stay will include:
• Four bedrooms and three granite tile baths: one with dual showers, jacuzzi tub. One bath with large walk in shower with over-sized shower head, the other bath has bath and shower combination.
• Master bedroom features wood floors with private entry to outdoor veranda and pool.
• 4 bedrooms—1 king, 3 doubles, 1 twin, 2 double blow up beds; plenty of closet and drawer space for longer stays.
• Fully stocked state-of-the-art kitchen for entertaining with high efficiency appliances (Jenn-Air, Viking, Maytag, Bosch). Kitchen leads directly to outdoor veranda with BBQ, large granite counter, over-head fans, lights, misters. Cozy seating and tables for large groups.
Laundry facilities on site.
• Southwestern Spanish Villa flare with eclectic style throughout; plantation shutters, ceiling fans and centralized air, mexican tile floors and tile roof.
• Environmentally sensitive and equipped with solar panels and indigenous desert plantings, and landscaped with large palm and fruit trees.
• Two verandas – one for outdoor dining with built-in gas grill that overlook the pool. Ample seating and tables for eating or watching a sunset. Misters, music, ceiling fans and lights make for special moments.
• Numerous outdoor seating areas for larger events.
Palm Springs has something for everyone. Be our guests and enjoy the experience.
Keywords: Southwestern Spanish Villa
• World-famous Aerial Tramway to the cooler climate of Palm Springs; enjoy dinner on top of the mountain or hike one of the numerous hiking trails.
• Coechella Music Festival (annually in April).
• Stagecoach Country Music Festival (late April).
• Palm Springs International Film Festival (annually in January).
• Tennis—Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open - ATP World Masters and WTA event (annually in March).
• Casinos—Agua Caliente, Augustine Casino, Morongo, Spa Resort, Fantasy Springs Resort, Spotlight 29.
• Theaters—Annenburg, McCallum Theatre.
• Museums—Palms Springs Air Museum, Palm Springs Art Museum, El Paseo Artwalk, Agua Caliente Cultural Museum, Indian Museum and ceremonial Indian Pow Wows and the unique Cabot Pueblo Museum.
• Golf at world class courses or watch the pros—Desert Willow, Indian Canyon, Tahquitz Creek, Mesquite, Escena and more.
• Tour homes of movie stars of the past and neighborhoods of mid-century modern homes (Celebrity Tours, P.S. Windmill Tours).
• Shopping: Downtown Palm Springs, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon Outlets, The Shops on El Paseo, Street Fair-every Thursday evening in Palm Springs.
• Day Spas – Spa Resort downtown Palm Springs, Agua Serena Spa, Miracle Springs Spa, The Wells Spa, Spa Esmeralda.
• Other attractions: Desert Adventures, Hummer Tours, Big Wheel Tours, Smoke Tree Stables, Funseekers.
• Disneyland (1.5 hours)
• Six Flags Magic Mountain (2 hours)
• San Diego Zoo (1.5 hours)
• Legoland (1.5 hours)
• Universal City Walk/Universal Studios (2 hours)
• Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey (2 hours)
• Las Vegas (4 hours)
• Grand Canyon (6.5 hours)
Nearby ski resorts: Mountain High (1 hour 15 minutes), Bear Mountain (Big Bear 2 hours)
We have been renting our homes for over ten years and have enjoyed the various people from all areas of the world.
Claudio de Medeiros purchased this estate in 2005
Love Palm Springs. People friendly, great climate, culturally inspiring.
Large private and tranquil -- once behind our walls you don't want to leave! Close to all amenities.
Claudio's place was perfect for our Coachella weekend. Kitchen was stocked with everything we needed for cooking. Dishwashing, laundry and laundry supplies were readily available.
The view of the mountains from the pool was very relaxing. The house was only a mile from the nearest Coachella shuttle stop, so it was very convenient.
Claudio's house is everything described. My friends and I were attending a wedding next door at the estate and this made for an amazing place to stay while attending the weekend festivities. We loved the grill in the backyard!
First off, the property is massive and can easily accommodate 12 (or more!) people. Kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms are all tidy and everything works well. We brought a gaggle of kids and adults and there was plenty of room for everyone, and all-in-all we had a good time. So that's nice.
That said, there are 3 things you should be aware of before renting.
1 - The location is on the very, very edge of Palm Springs. Like, literally the last house on the block. And past it... there's nothing. Neighborhood is fine, and safe. Just very remote.
2 - Get ready for a lot of YELLOW. Every wall of every room (and cabinets) has been painted the exact same shade of mustard yellow. It's clean, new paint. But it might not be to everyone's taste.
3 - In cooler months, you can request that the pool be heated. Per the contract it'll cost you $100/day to heat it to 83 degrees. Which is, frankly, quite expensive and not very warm. There's nothing else outside to keep you warm - no fire pit, no area heater, no outdoor fireplace, no hot tub. So if you're planning to vacation here during the winter, be aware that swimming may not be comfortable.
We asked for the pool temp to be raised, and the owner did comply on Day 2. But by Day 3 of our trip, the pool heater had either stopped or been shut off and it went back to being cold again. It was frustrating, considering how much extra we spent on heating the pool.
In general, the place didn't knock our socks off -- small TV, no carpet in the living room, odd decor choices, tricky car gate, remote location -- but it got the job done. It's big, it's clean, and it's in Palm Springs. And sometimes, that's all you need for a family getaway.
We had a pretty large group and the home was very comfortable. We were a bit misled by the number of people who could sleep there, thinking there were enough beds to accommodate all of us. Some of us own vacation property and we don't count air mattresses and couches as part of the sleeping arrangements. The kitchen, dining room, outdoor veranda, and pool were perfect for our group. There were also some soiled cookware in the cabinets, but we were given a discount for the inconvenience of cleaning those pans. Claudio was a good host and patient as we tried to figure out the wifi login. All in all, it was a good experience.
Great spot for a relaxing time with a bigger group. The pool is perfect and there are two covered patios to stay out of the sun. Claudio is very helpful with anything you may need or have questions about.
I booked this property through VRBo and the booking was quick.
But my journey went downhill as soon as i stepped in the home, review process does not allow adding pictures else I would have attached some to forewarn other fellow travelers on what they are getting into.
Day 1 as soon as we entered we found that the pool is green, so green that it looked as if the pool is painted green, we later found out that it was algae infested. Owner didnt took the hassle of turning on the water filter or putting chlorine before we arrived.
Wait there is much more!!
Air conditioning in bedrooms was very uneven on Day 1, Day 2 it wasn't even working, I called owner several times and left voice mails but he didn't respond, next day he came in the morning and blamed us for breaking the AC by turning it too low. he didn't even want to see the picture we had of thermostat where the temperature was set to 70. Imaging how we would have spent time in 95 degrees heat.
Pictures on the VRBO are very misleading, it doesn't look that way at all.
Main door sensor is not working, it doesn't detect cars in the way and broke my left view mirror as it started to close with my car pulling out of the driveway which i couldn't move due to oncoming traffic.
Free-wifi is a myth, it never worked. We tried reboot but you won't even see any available network.
Bedding were smelly and probably infested, seems like they have never been changed.
In one Bath room shower temperature control was broken so there was always hot water.
In another bathroom toilet was leaking.
Low quality spring mattresses in all bedrooms other than master bedroom.
Furniture in living area very old, broken and not as same as picture.
Short ride to downtown Palm Springs and the Aerial Tram. Enjoy downtown's block party every Thursday night or escape into the resort flare of Villa de Catalina for your entire stay!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 25 2017 - Dec 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Pool heating at 86 F||$100|
All renters must sign a short term lease agreement. Pool Heating is not included and the charge is $100 per night. The pool is cold from October till June.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.