|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
Aloha! This one-bed, one-bath cottage is located just 100 steps from the beautiful, tropical, blue, ocean beach. If you are a diver or just enjoy snorkeling, this cottage will surely meet your needs being only one block from Sharks Cove which provides the best diving and snorkeling anywhere on the island.
This cute cottage is set in a lush, tropical environment lined with fragrant, plumeria trees. It is located one minute from Foodland and The Coffee Bean for convenient shopping & gourmet coffee. Walk out the door to the bike path for morning strolls or bike ride on a tropically-landscaped, garden path. You will not be disappointed in this cottage featuring a new kitchen & bathroom. It is hard to beat this location which is encompassed with the world's best surf, snorkeling, diving, and beautiful beaches. Waimea Bay, Bonzi Pipeline, Haleiwa, and Sunset Beach, all within minutes away.
This cozy cottage guarantees you will find the 'Spirit of Aloha.'
What a lovely little getaway this is. I grew up on the island and surrently live in CA. It is refreshing to know that there are still places like this one, tht have kept it's integrity. As more and more people flock to Hawaii it is my hope that the Kama aina's will move to protect and restore places of heritage. I remember a time not too terrible long ago when little home like this wonderul cottage dotted this side of the island. Thank you for the accomodations the stirring of old memories and for aplce to hide form it all. Will be back...
We have stayed at Donna and Darryl's cottages before (this one and the 2 bedroom next door). Everything was as expected and we love the location and the beautiful setting. Having the bikes was great for rides along the pathway. Also loved the yard and the outdoor shower.
- Neal & Val
If you like the north shore, away from the busy part of the island, you'll love this place. It's busy with the surfing community, but that's it! Close to snorkeling, surfing, and delicious food carts. The house is perfect for two, or more. Might suggest a more comfortable bed but that's it!
cozy well equipped cottage. kitchen has everything you need. two bicycles are a bonus as almost everything is nearby within biking distance. two minute walk to beach with very few people. 5 minute bike ride to banzai pipeline. small air conditioner looks like it will not do the job but it does. had to turn up thermostat when it got too cold. snorkeling gear as well as wake boards and reed mats and beach chairs all provided. outdoor table and bbq also provided. washer and dryer come in handy so you do not have to pack so much. will definitely stay again if we ever get to the north shore.
The house was perfect for us. There is a private beach access trail in the back. The food trucks and grocery store were also walking distance( find the Thai food near the back). We rode the bikes to Wiamea Bay and the waterfall botanical hike. Nice bike trail up to Sunset Beach. Wifi worked perfectly. Great space for a couple.
This property was in a great location. Bikes were provided with the rental, which we used to bike to nearby beaches and food trucks. It was very clean and cozy. The beach was a short walk away.
My first impression when we opened the door was TINY! Surely a wide angle lens was used when the posted photos were taken. :)
That being said my husband said it was exactly as he expected!
Points of note:
- The living/dining area is one room and when the coffee table is moved and the sofa bed is open there is only about 4 feet between the end of the bed and the dining table. Also depending on where you decide to move the coffee table the path to the bathroom (which is inside the bedroom) can be obscured.
- There is roughly 12-18" on either side of the queen bed in the bedroom but ample space at the foot between it and the dresser. The limited space on the sides makes the closet challenging to access.
- The bathroom (through the bedroom) is large and well stocked with plenty of nice, fluffy bath towels and towels for the beach. (I loved the non-slip tub mat, too!)
-The kitchen is large enough for simple cooking tasks and is well laid out. Very basic cooking tools, plenty of pots & pans but I did not find any baking pans or sheet pans.
-There were small supplies of random spices and condiments. Check before you go to the grocery.
-5 minute drive or 15 minute walk to Foodland and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (look for the wild chickens in the parking lot!)
-Food truck park across the road which included the North Shore Shrimp Truck!
- Beach access from the cottage took some searching but we found it. Not quite as close or easy and it may appear in cottage description. Out the gate, straight down the path approximately 50 yards and between the two fences ahead (it looks like you are going in to someone's back yard.) You have to climb up/down an slight hill covered with tree roots & plants, it may be a challenge for some but clutsy/clumsy me manged with a hand up/down from husband. However, once you get to the beach it is beautiful and secluded!
- Full size, well functioning washer & dryer on site, outside the kitchen door (again, check supplies before going to market)
-15-30 minutes (depending on traffic) to Haleiwa Town, passing several wonderful, spots - Waimea Bay, Turtle Beach, Three Tables Beach, Waimea Falls
Ultimately it was the perfect spot for a North Shore experience!
Other Activities: shopping, boating, parasailing, shelling, wildlife viewing, rock climbing, basketball court
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 20 2017 - Jan 5 2018
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|